1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

Circus ManUnitus

Discussion in 'General Football' started by Jordinho, 12 Aug 2014.

1. Robbo

Robbo Steve Carr

Shambles.

2. K.D.D.D.D.Soc

K.D.D.D.D.Soc Vedran Corluka

Maybe it's too much money but it seems they are trying to keep home grown players at the club and it says to me they have faith in Rashford and will give him the chance to establish himself as the main striker rather than the play anywhere forward who's first to be dropped for a big name mercenary.

3. jts1882

jts1882 Chris Armstrong

It could be a sign of faith in youth or it could be a sign of Woodward playing to the crowd. Keeping Rashford makes sense, but giving him an "Ozil deal" seems screwy. It's almost as if the deal is about making a point, just like the Ozil one for Arsenal.

4. Kandi1977

Kandi1977 Paul Walsh

It also means that they will continue to have issues with players and wages. Every Tom, dingdong, and Harry they sign or negotiate with, will want a minimum of 200k a week.

Robbo likes this.
  5. markysimmo

markysimmo Johnny nice-tits

Leicester turn down £70m bid for Maguire

United are having their pants pulled down left right and centre

K.D.D.D.D.Soc and Robbo like this.
  6. nayimfromthehalfwayline

nayimfromthehalfwayline Jack Jull

They are doing as predicted - throwing money around to compensate for their failings.

I think its interesting they arent even trying to go for big name players. I suspect the big name player MONEY has blinded some to this!

glasgowspur likes this.
  7. Jordinho

Jordinho John White Staff Member

I think Solskjær is trying to do a Ferguson, build the team around a strong English core. Problem is that even mediocre English players cost as much as world class international ones.

Robbo and MKSpur like this.
  8. nayimfromthehalfwayline

I dont know about "English", but he certainly seems to be planning on building a team around younger players.

That said, its a risky play to make when the experience you inevitably rely upon to bring it together is Smalling, Young, Jones...

I appreciate his intentions, but honestly thats a Poch like 5 year plan, and at a club like Utd I cant help feeling he will never see the patience to see it through.

He needs more of a two tier approach - some high quality experience, NOW, to supplement the young "potential" players.

9. Jordinho

Jordinho John White Staff Member

10. nayimfromthehalfwayline

I think he would be a good buy for them, decent player.

I also think he would be better served going to City, suits them more.

Regardless of which, I think £90m is crazy money.

Robbo and galeforce like this.
  11. K.D.D.D.D.Soc

I don't think this is as stupid as many think, they are setting the guidelines for future transfers, these high wages and transfer fees are out of the reach of most clubs and keeps players and agents interested in joining them. I'm sure Woolwich would like Maguire but they can't pay that much without unloading stars, that keeps their fellow title chasers behind them.

12. K.D.D.D.D.Soc

I don't think this is as stupid as many think, they are setting the guidelines for future transfers, these high wages and transfer fees are out of the reach of most clubs and keeps players and agents interested in joining them. I'm sure Woolwich would like Maguire but they can't pay that much without unloading stars, that keeps their fellow title chasers behind them.

13. markysimmo

markysimmo Johnny nice-tits

So £400k a week then !!!

Manchester United have made goalkeeper David de Gea an improved contract offer in a bid to keep the Spain international at Old Trafford.

De Gea's current deal runs out in 12 months and efforts to get the 28-year-old to agree an extension have failed.

It is understood United's latest offer would make De Gea the highest-paid goalkeeper in the world.

He came within a minute of joining Real Madrid in 2015.

Whilst it is felt the former Atletico Madrid man wants to remain in Manchester, it is understood his advisors believe his status as one of the key figures in Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's squad, and United's player of the year in four seasons out of five, should make him one of the club's highest earners.

Out-of-favour forward Alexis Sanchez's £390,000-a-week contract is seen as the benchmark.

Senior United figures have previously indicated they would allow De Gea's contract to run down in the hope an agreement will be reached, even though it risks one of their most saleable assets leaving for nothing at the end of the season.

14. Gazza

Gazza Milija Aleksic

All I read was Shambles

Robbo and Rorschach like this.
  15. LemonadeMoney

LemonadeMoney Jimmy Neighbour

[​IMG]

nayenezgani, MKSpur and Kandi1977 like this.
  16. K.D.D.D.D.Soc

It's only a shambles or madness if they can't afford it.

galeforce likes this.
  17. r-u-s-x

r-u-s-x Young-Pyo Lee

they could just offer the high wages to the players who are decent they would still get players who want to come. In reality who were they competing in signing Rashford - barca and RM as reported in the press - yeh right.

18. K.D.D.D.D.Soc

But it's in the mind of every goal scorer at every club in the league, good tactic to unsettle players at other clubs.

19. Gazza

Gazza Milija Aleksic

It's crazier that they can't afford not to waste their money and continue shooting in the dark

20. r-u-s-x

r-u-s-x Young-Pyo Lee

Seems an expensive way to do it to me.