• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Circus ManUnitus - Erik's At The Wheel

This signing won't happen in a million years, but...

I think he can cross and pass quite well. I think it was the FA Cup game v Arsenal where he played a quality pass for an assist and I always thought he looked decent cutting in from the right when at Everton. "Useless" or "can't pass" is the sort of criticism that got levelled against Sissoko not so long ago, it was aimed at Wanyama when we signed him too. Poch would take a player like Lukaku and make a monster out of him imo.

I'm sure there are a million videos of him tripping over his own feet, but the first assist in this video is the pass against Arsenal that I'm thinking of. A player that can't play football wouldn't execute that imo:

I didn't say that he was useless, I said that he would be useless for us. He doesn't play with his head up, his movement is poor and he cannot hold the ball up. He can be effective in a team that is built around him but he is not good enough for a top side to do this.

It doesn't really have much to do with my views on Lukaku but I have never been particularly negative about either Wamyama or Sissoko.

There were quite a few on here who thought Benteke should be our priority signing a few years back
He had his moments a few years back to be fair. It looked at one point like he could kick on to the next level, and also back then we were in the gambling business. It might have been different for him but since Liverpool it has gone from bad to worse.

I didn't say that he was useless, I said that he would be useless for us. He doesn't play with his head up, his movement is poor and he cannot hold the ball up. He can be effective in a team that is built around him but he is not good enough for a top side to do this.

It doesn't really have much to do with my views on Lukaku but I have never been particularly negative about either Wamyama or Sissoko.

No, but I'm saying people were or have been very negative about Sissoko for similar reasons (me included), but a bit of time with Poch and he's turned into one of our best players this season.

I think Utd would probably want too much money for Lukaku anyway, so I don't think it'd happen. Poch would get a lot out of him though, imo.

No, but I'm saying people were or have been very negative about Sissoko for similar reasons (me included), but a bit of time with Poch and he's turned into one of our best players this season.

I think Utd would probably want too much money for Lukaku anyway, so I don't think it'd happen. Poch would get a lot out of him though, imo.

I don't see the connection. Signing players who are ill fitted to our style of play in the hope that Poch can change them seems to be a funny argument.

I don't see the connection. Signing players who are ill fitted to our style of play in the hope that Poch can change them seems to be a funny argument.

I'm saying that people perceive players in a certain way that turns out to be wrong in the end (with Sissoko being one of the best examples).

What an idiotic thing to say when we have the Ballon d'Or winner wrapped up for the next 10 years in our team already.

They are making a new award for Sissoko, as it's unfair to the other players having to compete against him. So Ballon d'Or is going to be close between Lukaku (for Spurs) or Lamela.

Sissoko has probably got 5 years left in the game max.

Yeah you're right, he'll probably move on to basketball to rip through Jordan's records, then maybe a stint as Undisputed Heavyweight Boxing Champion of the World for two years, before relinquishing his belts undefeated. It would be absolutely preposterous to even consider him getting near Bolt's 100m WR, so a solid bronze in 2028 would have to suffice.

According to The Times.

£25k-50k per week
Lee Grant
, age 36, position goalkeeper, contract expires 2020
Andreas Pereira, 23, midfielder, 2020

£50k-£75k per week
Diogo Dalot
, 20, full back, 2023 (+1 year option)
Scott McTominay, 22, midfielder, 2023 (+1 year option)
Sergio Romero, 32, goalkeeper, 2021 (+1 year option)

£75k-£100k per week
Marcus Rashford
, 21, forward, 2020 (+1 year option)
Victor Lindelof, 24, defender, 2021 (+1 year option)
Eric Bailly, 25, defender, 2020 (+2 year option)
Matteo Darmian, 29, full back, 2020
Ander Herrera, 29, midfielder, 2019
Antonio Valencia, 33, full back, 2019
Ashley Young, 33, full back, 2020

£100k-£125k per week
Jesse Lingard
, 26, forward, 2021 (+1 year option)
Phil Jones, 27, centre back, 2023 (+1 year option)
Chris Smalling, 29, centre back, 2022 (+1 year option)

£125k-£150k per week
Nemanja Matic
, 30, midfielder, 2020 (+1 year option)

£150k-£175k per week
Romelu Lukaku
, 25, striker, 2022 (+1 year option)
Fred, 26, midfielder, 2023 (+1 year option)
Marcos Rojo, 29, defender, 2021 (+1 year option)
Juan Mata, 30, midfielder, 2019

£175k-£200k per week
Anthony Martial
, 23, forward, 2024 (+1 year option)
Luke Shaw, 23, full back, 2023 (+1 year option)
Paul Pogba, 26, midfielder, 2021 (+1 year option)
David De Gea, 28, goalkeeper, 2020

£350k+ per week
Alexis Sánchez
, 30, forward, 2022

How many of the top ten earners are first choice starters?

How many are worth anywhere near their salary? Even when on form?

First three rumours on the BBS Gossip page:

Manchester United are ready to trigger the 120m euro (£104m) buyout clause in Atletico Madrid's 26-year-old Slovenia goalkeeper Jan Oblak's contract. (ESPN)

Paris St-Germain will offer Manchester United £90m for David de Gea, with the 28-year-old Spain goalkeeper set to be offered £450,000 a week by the French champions. (Star)

Former Manchester United and England defender Rio Ferdinand has met executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward to discuss becoming the Old Trafford club's sporting director. (Mail)

What the fudge is going on at that club!?

The Sanchez purchase and their attempt to get one over on City has cost them big time imo. He's been beyond brick and unsettled the likes of Pogba and De Gea. Though with Pogba's agent, maybe he'd have been unsettled anyway.....

Back