• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Circus ManUnitus - Erik's At The Wheel

:lol:

Hahaha! Oh, lord. I didn't even know they were playing tonight. Had a look at the goals, oh lord. Van Gaal's got some job to do with that defense. :ross:

I think the problem UTD have with their 352 is that they don't have any decent, experienced players at CB to keep it organised. Jones, Smalling and Evans are now their most senior CB's, not one of them is good enough to direct the other two in defence, let alone position themselves. They really do need a top centre back in there to sort things out. On top of that I think the midfield is not balanced and lacks real power. I think there will be some teams out there who will smash their way through Mata and Herrera.

Re: LVG

I think that LVG will have fallen out with everyone and moved on long before our stadium is finished.

This. I was relieved we didn't get him. I don't trust flat-faced human beings or animals. A proper nose/profile is imperative for us to get on. Flat-nosed pugs need not apply. Our manager's chair has a proud history of decent profiles, and I'd have been mortified to see his weedy one at our club.

Is this my inside-voice speaking?

So tonight, Man U started with De Gea, Evans, Anderson, Kagawa, Chicharito and Wellbeck. I believe all of them have Premiership title medals.I don't think it's much to ask senior pros to step up and ease the youths through a match like this.

Don't let anyone tell you that this was a very very young United side. Yes, it had some youth players but Fergie played younger sides regularly in the CC. No, this was the net result of what happens when you actively ****-off senior pros and rudely make it clear to them you're trying to sell them, then play them as a unit. Van Gaal openly said last week that Kagawa couldn't play a specific midfield role in his system, and then he prompt starts him there. I'm sure they'll get it together, their next 5 games are easy, but make no mistake, they're a team in transition and the change is deep.

How well has LVG handled transition and change? Has he taken a team from struggling to success?

His command of english is very poor, I was very surprised at this considering every other dutchman speaks english like its their own language.
And I'm waiting for his briefcase or whatever he writes on to show up on ebay at some point

I'm not going to start getting carried away and disregard him as a coach. I did not expect them to lose last night, especially not in the manner they did, but look at the players he has at his disposal currently. They are a mid table team without their stars. Throughout Fergie's career he had players to rely on to fill gaps: John O'Shea, Phil Neville, We Brown etc. Jack of all trades that could be utilised as a stop gap between injuries across any position in defence. The problem is now that all the centre backs LVG inherited are of that description. The rot set in during Fergie's last season, and he had the sense to leave. When LVG's team is fully fit, no key players missing through injury, then and only then is right to judge his performance at United. Until then, let's keep laughing, but with a wary eye on them.

But perhaps he won't be given time. Maybe we will see another plane over Old Trafford

He seems to already be getting frustrated and defensive when talking to the press and he's still not even came close to seeing what the press in this country are like this when your really under pressure.

:lol: at the United fans as well. "We're finally done shopping from the bargain bins"

Courtois 8m
Ivanovic 11m
Terry
Cahill 7m
Luis 18m
Matic 22m
Fabregas 29m
Hazard 35m
Oscar 22m
Willian 31m
Costa 34m

217 million

De Gea 18m
Jones 17m
Smalling 7m
Evans
Valencia 17m
Young 16m
Fellaini 29m
Carrick 24m
Mata 39m
Rooney 33m
Van Persie 27m

226 million

That's also without Shaw, Di Maria, Rojo, Herrera. Ridiculous.

That was the point. Fergie was apparantly so focused on getting good deals he wouldn't spend big. :^)

Then there's the rubbish that don't make the team: Kagawa, Hernandez, Anderson, Nani etc.

"We can't compete with the oil teams", "The Glazers are holding us back" Bull****. Some have started to take a more critical view of Ferguson's later years, but are mostly getting shouted down. "He won the league with those players, they didn't turn to **** over night".

Alex Ferguson said:
There is a borderline in terms of what you would think is a good signing for United.

I see some values on players, like Hazard for instance. To me it was a lot of money. He's a good player, but £34m?

What we're finding anyway, the climate for buying these top players - not just the transfer fees, the salaries, agents' fees - is just getting ridiculous now.

In the Hazard deal, Chelsea paid the agent £6m. The (Samir) Nasri situation was the same.

It's all about what you think is value for a player. I am not envious of those deals at all. We placed a value on Hazard which was well below what they were talking about.

So if it doesn't work, well we're not worried about that. We think we've got good value in (Shinji) Kagawa.

Deluded RedCafe Poster said:
Plenty of people at present are chiming in that Luis Van Gaal's poor start as our manager is proof that 'it wasn't Moyes, it was the players', and that 'if Moyes tried this he'd be crucified'.

There seems to be a mood that this season thus far vindicates Moyes. I disagree. In fact, I think it only highlights the damage that his appointment caused.

A couple of key points that are getting lost in all the emotion...

1. Fergie didn't train the squad, and when Moyes came in he removed the men who trained our squad every day and replaced them with Round, Phil Neville and that old Jimmy fella. It was in this action our squad became directionless. These are now players who haven't been trained well for an entire season - these are now players who have had all the confidence drained from them.

2. Van Gaal's job is very different to the one Moyes took over. Moyes had the job of continuing momentum from the previous season while tweaking our football to improve it...

Van Gaal's job is to mend the mess that Moyes and his Everton cohorts left behind - and to fix the rot within our squad and build a new one.

3. Moyes had Rio, Vidic and Evra... Vidic bolded as this was our captain as well as our best defender! LVG has a backline that've been played out of position (by Fergie, mainly) for most of their United careers. On top of that, they lack experience and they are unconfident from last season.

LVG needs to find out what they can do. He needs to play them to find out what formations they can handle and what ones they can't. You can't find this out without actually trying it for a handful of games.

My point is that we must remember that LVG has a completely different job than Moyes had. And that rather than imagining that Van Gaal, like Moyes did, is taking over 'the champions', we must remember that he hasn't.

LVG has taken over an unbalanced squad who finished 7th just 3 MONTHS AGO!

These players have been rudderless - utterly rudderless - for an entire season. Our new manager, who has arrived late from a World Cup (where he guided the little fancied Holland to WC semi final...) will need some time before we see fruits of this project.

Moyes got 'til April. I guarantee that by January, no United fan will want rid of LVG. So cmon, lets remain cool and enjoy this fascinating new chapter for our club.

How well has LVG handled transition and change? Has he taken a team from struggling to success?
I know a few bayern fans who credit him for laying the foundations of what they are now. Had an appalling start in his first season there but went on to win the double in that season. I guess he 'built' az as well in a sense.

It's worth pointing out that, league wise, they have quite a few injuries at the moment and haven't been able to field most of their signings.

He'll turn it round imo. Until he does, I'll be busy laughing (certainly had a long chuckle yesterday) and hoping we play them before he changes from 352.

I'll also make sure to quickly shut down bale money talk from them considering their recent expenditures.

Sent from my HTC One using Fapatalk

Foreign manager with innovative philosophy, great results in pre-season followed by really bad actual results, no obvious panic to these bad results...

Anyone notice the similarity? It's Juande Ramos all over again.

Back