• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Circus ManUnitus - Erik's At The Wheel

My issue is the fans pining for him
We have got conte in yet there are fans who think we have aligned his contract with Pochs so we can bring him in afterwards
We need to exhume him from the club in every way possible and move on
As I said in the United thread the fans I know don’t rate Poch. They want a nana her who has win things…. They basically want conte

Get your fingers sorted out Beds.

We have got conte in yet there are fans who think we have aligned his contract with Pochs so we can bring him in afterwards
As I said in the United thread the fans I know don’t rate Poch. They want a nana her who has win things…. They basically want conte

And yet it doesn't seem like conte wanted utd.
Let's be honest, we all knew ole was gone, it was only a matter of time.
The fact conte was prepared to take our job rather than wait it out for the utd job says a lot imo, and its not good for utd.

It’s cringeworthy the way some of our fans bang on about Poch and this notion we was getting other coaches in as caretaker before he just swans back here in a year was ridiculous. He did a great job, but the way some go on about him here you would think there is no other coach out there capable of improving us. It’s more an indication of how bad some of our past appointments have been, that we have got so over excited with someone who actually got the squad to become more than the sum of their parts when there are plenty of coaches capable of this and I say this as someone who really did love Poch and his achievements certainly should not be dismissed - even though he did not win a trophy.
I could see the crowd singing Pochs name when we play Man U which personally I would hate as we have a guy at least as good as him - certainly more proven and we should be serenading him, not still fawning over Poch…..

It’s cringeworthy the way some of our fans bang on about Poch and this notion we was getting other coaches in as caretaker before he just swans back here in a year was ridiculous. He did a great job, but the way some go on about him here you would think there is no other coach out there capable of improving us. It’s more an indication of how bad some of our past appointments have been, that we have got so over excited with someone who actually got the squad to become more than the sum of their parts when there are plenty of coaches capable of this and I say this as someone who really did love Poch and his achievements certainly should not be dismissed - even though he did not win a trophy.
I could see the crowd singing Pochs name when we play Man U which personally I would hate as we have a guy at least as good as him - certainly more proven and we should be serenading him, not still fawning over Poch…..
I loved the guy
I’d gladly have a beer with him
If we appointed shin again I’d back him to the hilt
But I didn’t want him in the summer
I don’t want him now
We have a guy who has won 5 league titles in 7 seasons I believe. That’s exceptional form anyone’s level and puts conte at the very very top of the game. His Chelsea side beat the best Poch side to the league title, which says how he can get his team playing (don’t get me wrong they had some great players)

I love poch, and I want him back, but not now and not for the foreseeable future.
I also dread him coming back and it all turns to poop and he spoils his good name.
Poch was the right man at the right time.
He wouldn't be the right man for now.
Conte is the right man for now, i don't believe he would have been the right man in the summer.
I fully back conte, but yhen apart from sherwood i always do, fool that i am!

There is no way of understanding fans, they all want someone who will win something yet Graham and Ramos won throphies and theres no one with a good word for them.

It's emotional though. Poch was a father figure who repaired the soul of the club, which had been lost for 30 odd years. He was a once in a generation coach - Nicholson, Burkinshaw, Poch. That's why he has a level of devotion that no one else can compete with.

Its strange, i never took to jol.
I appreciate what he did for us, on and off the pitch, but the jovial gruffness always seemed a but fake to me.

My favourite ever Jol-ism (he tells about a conversation with a referee, I can't remember which one):
Jol - I'm not allowed to tell you you are a prick am I?
Ref - No, I'd have to report and fine you if you did that
Jol - I'm allowed to think you are a prick though?
Ref - Its a free country, you can think whatever you like
Jol - Well, ok - I think you're a fudging prick then

:D

My favourite ever Jol-ism (he tells about a conversation with a referee, I can't remember which one):
Jol - I'm not allowed to tell you you are a prick am I?
Ref - No, I'd have to report and fine you if you did that
Jol - I'm allowed to think you are a prick though?
Ref - Its a free country, you can think whatever you like
Jol - Well, ok - I think you're a fudging prick then

:D

Got to love that Dutch humour :D

https://worldreferee.com/referee/dingdong_jol/

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/rooster-jol/profil/trainer/7164

Last edited:
Seems like the same (largely made-up) connections that were made between us and the same names in the summer.

Spot on, and you know that a lot of their fans will lap some of the names up and believe every word, just like our fans did when the rubbish was spouted on here.

Back