• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Pulisic

They're supposedly in for Seri (sp?) from the French league, who's 5ft 4" and has a condition which means he can't play in cold weather - a more Arsenal signing you couldn't hope to find

Thats hilarious!

Pulisic is class, fits our policy perfectly, and I think is exactly the sort of move we will be interested in.

I remember just how good he looked when he came on for Dortmund against us, right there and then I wanted us to get him.

Thats hilarious!

Pulisic is class, fits our policy perfectly, and I think is exactly the sort of move we will be interested in.

I remember just how good he looked when he came on for Dortmund against us, right there and then I wanted us to get him.

What game?

I didn’t notice him this season

Not anti signing him but just think I’d need to see we more for the money being talked about

Ive seen him for the States, a few times for Dortmund, and every time he is on the ball it is genuinely exciting.

Far from the finished product, of course, but so so talented already. At 19 he is quite remarkable.

Out of curiosity has there been anything of note to suggest that he is coming to us, or that we are in for him?

Couple of speculative links, nothing substantive.

More than Grealish at least ;O)

I jest. I think the main thing is he fits our MO near perfectly, and seems very much the right sort of move for us at this time.

Couple of speculative links, nothing substantive.

More than Grealish at least ;O)

I jest. I think the main thing is he fits our MO near perfectly, and seems very much the right sort of move for us at this time.
:D I agree. Was just wondering on the likelihood of it happening, it makes sense for sure. Dont know why but I have this feeling it could be Liverpool he's going to...

I've also liked Pulisic whenever I've seen him play however we really should temper our expectations of what signing him might achieve. Firstly, he needs to get in the team...ahead of Son, Moura and Lamela (assuming Dele and Eriksen are show-ins) - thats tough given its a new league, new system, new team mates etc. Secondly, he's young. This isn't a seasoned performer like Bale who has achieved lots in the game already. If he had an impact next year then great, but realistically, we shouldn't expect him to definitively help us say challenge for the title next year.

That said, I'm all for signing him

I've also liked Pulisic whenever I've seen him play however we really should temper our expectations of what signing him might achieve. Firstly, he needs to get in the team...ahead of Son, Moura and Lamela (assuming Dele and Eriksen are show-ins) - thats tough given its a new league, new system, new team mates etc. Secondly, he's young. This isn't a seasoned performer like Bale who has achieved lots in the game already. If he had an impact next year then great, but realistically, we shouldn't expect him to definitively help us say challenge for the title next year.

That said, I'm all for signing him
I'm going to have to disagree with that one. Pulisic has been one of Dortmund's star players over the last two seasons. So unlike Dele Alli at MK Dons, he's been performing under pressure in one of Europe's top leagues. And the Champions' League. Okay, so Dele's a bad example as he's not exactly the norm, but neither is Pulisic.

Perhaps he should be thought of more like Eriksen. Playing top flight games from a very early age, slotting right into his national team, with much expectation on young shoulders. I've got no reservations over him going almost straight into our first XI, fighting for a place with Son, Moura and Lamela. In fact, I'd expect him to get into the rotation almost immediately. But I'll not get on his back if he doesn't!

I'm going to have to disagree with that one. Pulisic has been one of Dortmund's star players over the last two seasons. So unlike Dele Alli at MK Dons, he's been performing under pressure in one of Europe's top leagues. And the Champions' League. Okay, so Dele's a bad example as he's not exactly the norm, but neither is Pulisic.

Perhaps he should be thought of more like Eriksen. Playing top flight games from a very early age, slotting right into his national team, with much expectation on young shoulders. I've got no reservations over him going almost straight into our first XI, fighting for a place with Son, Moura and Lamela. In fact, I'd expect him to get into the rotation almost immediately. But I'll not get on his back if he doesn't!

Sold!

I think as others have mentioned, he ticks a lot of boxes, fits the profile.

Real question is cost and his/Dortmund's openness to the deal.

Cost shouldn't be an issue (up to £70m) if his salary is below £100k. At 19 and with the inflated transfer fees he should easily fetch twice that were we ever to sell him.

tottenham is trying to build a big US presence, he is the face, the future of US "soccer", he has amazing potential, I would love us to sign him.

tottenham is trying to build a big US presence, he is the face, the future of US "soccer", he has amazing potential, I would love us to sign him.

I always thought he was Croatian. I didn't realise he'd opted to play for America. I knew he had some links there, like Ibisevic and Rossi did

I always thought he was Croatian. I didn't realise he'd opted to play for America. I knew he had some links there, like Ibisevic and Rossi did

Born in USA to USA born parents. Grandfather was from Croatia. Not really 'opting for' America rather than 'being' American.

I like the cut of his jib. Sort of player with the potential to take us up a notch. Always a gamble but decent one I reckon.

Back