• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

He hasn't been as good recently imo, he seems to have a few high spots in each match but, not do much else. Really enjoy watching him and everything but, if other players had performed like he has recently they'd be criticised quite a bit. That's not to say he hasn't been important for us as he still seems to have an impact when not playing well.

He hasn't been as good recently imo, he seems to have a few high spots in each match but, not do much else. Really enjoy watching him and everything but, if other players had performed like he has recently they'd be criticised quite a bit. That's not to say he hasn't been important for us as he still seems to have an impact when not playing well.

To his credit he works very hard even when things aren't coming off for him. Hasn't been his usual top quality self for most of 2015, IMO, but is still important to the team because of his work rate and the fact that he'll always be a threat from free kicks in dangerous positions.

Was horrific by his high standards yesterday. Had no confidence on the ball in the first half and looked like he was treading water throughout the game.

Any feint CL hopes pretty much rest with him so hopefully he isn't burnt out.

Was horrific by his high standards yesterday. Had no confidence on the ball in the first half and looked like he was treading water throughout the game.

Any feint CL hopes pretty much rest with him so hopefully he isn't burnt out.

Agree he just have not gotten inte the games lately just running around chasing and treading water.

I'm beginning to think he's also one of these players that needs space and time on the ball, and he's definitely not going to get it in the PL. We need a player in his position who will take a game by the scruff of the neck, but I don't think I have ever seen him do that, even in his best performances. If we could sell him and get someone in the mould of a de Bruyne I'd totally go for it. If we can keep him and go for someone in the mould of ade Bruyne, I'd go for that too. :)

Not sure what happened to Eriksen. He has not scored any goal in 9 matches now. He only has 1 assist during that time as well. He has been out of form since scoring both our goals against Sheffield Utd in the League Cup semi final. He did score from the freekick against WBA after that but he is no longer as influential as before. For some reason, he seems to be lacking confidence in front of goal now. Maybe the way we almost throw away the LC semi final mentally affected him ?

I'm beginning to think he's also one of these players that needs space and time on the ball, and he's definitely not going to get it in the PL. We need a player in his position who will take a game by the scruff of the neck, but I don't think I have ever seen him do that, even in his best performances. If we could sell him and get someone in the mould of a de Bruyne I'd totally go for it. If we can keep him and go for someone in the mould of ade Bruyne, I'd go for that too. :)

Wow so after a bad result you want to sell 1 of our most important players?

It's the deep lying playmaker that should be taking the game by the scruff of the neck i.e Modric, Xavi, Alonso etc. With the number 10 position you are relying on your winger / inside forwards to do their job properly and stretch the play in order for you to get the space needed and seeing as though Townsend and Chadli are brick at it i cannot blame Eriksen for being poor at the moment. He is what 22? he still has his whole career ahead of him and i think people forget that.

^ we don't use a deep laying play maker though - i think that we need someone in the three behind the striker to assert themselves on the game more from the first to the last minute. hopefully next season having had a year and two summers to get to grips with what the manager requires then someone here will start to provide that. I've been impressed with Eriksen and with the work he has put in this season, he's seemingly adapted his game to cover more ground and press more so hopefully we'll see him push on even more after the summer - he's still young afterall

^ we don't use a deep laying play maker though - i think that we need someone in the three behind the striker to assert themselves on the game more from the first to the last minute. hopefully next season having had a year and two summers to get to grips with what the manager requires then someone here will start to provide that. I've been impressed with Eriksen and with the work he has put in this season, he's seemingly adapted his game to cover more ground and press more so hopefully we'll see him push on even more after the summer - he's still young afterall

Exactly and this is probably why he is not consistently effective. If we had a deep lying playermaker then you would probably see the best of Eriksen.

Not sure what happened to Eriksen. He has not scored any goal in 9 matches now. He only has 1 assist during that time as well. He has been out of form since scoring both our goals against Sheffield Utd in the League Cup semi final. He did score from the freekick against WBA after that but he is no longer as influential as before. For some reason, he seems to be lacking confidence in front of goal now. Maybe the way we almost throw away the LC semi final mentally affected him ?

Or maybe a young player often operating on slim margins being inconsistent is not particularly surprising?

Even when very effective he frequently had games where he wasn't involved much.

Or maybe a young player often operating on slim margins being inconsistent is not particularly surprising?

Even when very effective he frequently had games where he wasn't involved much.

But he would always come up with crucial goals previously. He has been lacking that clinical touch in recent matches.

You can't compare Modric and Eriksen. Modric was a great passer, very hard to take the ball from, and actually gets stuck in. Eriksen doesn't go into challenges, he just runs alongside opposition players instead of at least trying to force them to pass or halt their runs.
I like Eriksen a lot but I think he's too much of a passenger at times.

Of all the players that need a little critique on recent performances, Eriksen isn't our issue

Eriksen suffers from the Modric curse, if he doesn't score, people will always question his impact.

Indeed, I can not believe the stick he gets from some fans. The kid has just turned 23 scored 21 goals in 70 games and some want to sell him. Madness.

Do you reckon you could find more than one person who has said sell Eriksen?

Do you disagree with any of the critique aimed his way in this thread, which really is just constructive from where im sitting, if so what in particuar?

Back