• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

milo submitted a new blog post

Spurs are not afraid of Chelsea

Christian Eriksen says Tottenham will take on Chelsea "with no fear" when the two sides meet in the League Cup final.

Spurs, who reached the final with a 3-2 aggregate win over Sheffield United, beat the Blues in a Premier League clash 5-3 on New Year's Day.
"We are not afraid," said Eriksen. "We will go there with no fear and it will be a good show."

The Danish midfielder scored twice as Spurs drew 2-2 with the Blades to seal their place in the final on 1 March.

His second came in the 88th minute after the Blades had gone 2-1 thanks to goals from 18-year-old substitute Che Adams.

Eriksen's first was a free-kick in the 28th minute.

The 22-year-old has now scored decisive goals in the 87th minute or later four times in the last 16 games.

"It means a lot to get to Wembley, we are all really excited," he said.

"The first goal, a free-kick, was one of the better ones I have scored. It was a bit surprising to hit that so high in the net. I don't practice free-kicks that often."

He also praised Tottenham's League One opponents.

"Sheffield United were impressive," he said. "They played like a Premier League team. They should play higher."

Chelsea reached the final with a 2-1 aggregate win over Liverpool.
Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Surprised to read he doesn't practice free-kicks a lot. Incredible accuracy from him. Hit a couple of disappointing ones after the goal. Strange that, because if we have a free kick and we need a goal I always fancy him to at least go very close. I guess it's a fine line, getting the trajectory, the power, curl, dip, accuracy just right. Maybe those freekicks that hit the wall would have still gone in the corner

Since Eriksen is from Denmark, hope he will try to emulate his fellow countryman the legendary Allan Nielsen who scored that injury-time winning goal in the 1999 Worth.Cup final.

We're missing a Norwegian donkey to make that run down the right flank.

Read online today that he's happy with everything at the club and really enjoying his football (quotes from his father).

I think he'll be here for another 2 years and then off to Real Madrid. We might be lucky enough to get 3 years if we manage to qualify for the CL in the meantime,

Eriksen will be 23 on Feb 14. Despite his age, he is already a veteran in football as he has been playing top flight football since very young. I think we need to improve our defence if we want to keep him. He seems to be getting upset about our error-prone defence as he called it "stupid defending" in recent interviews.

Eriksen will be 23 on Feb 14. Despite his age, he is already a veteran in football as he has been playing top flight football since very young. I think we need to improve our defence if we want to keep him. He seems to be getting upset about our error-prone defence as he called it "stupid defending" in recent interviews.
I think you're reading too much into that - he's just calling it as it is,stupid defending....

I got told by someone who has been at the training ground at Tottenham and I know for a fact he is the last one out of the training ground some evenings, even later then the cleaners.

Was also told he is still angry at his national manager for the way he was talked about after a match last summer. Apparently was considering whether to carry on playing for Denmark.

his free kicks are becoming Beckham-esque in their reliability - remember when Beckham used to get a free kick and it was a surprise when he DIDN'T score?

which also creates nervous defences and opens up opportunities as they know of you give a free kick within 25 yards you are in serious trouble

Re; Madrid - i don't think he is dynamic enough for them to be interested.
he doesn't really have that Galactico thing going on.

He was great today. He's better on the left and I've said it all season. I don't mind him behind Kane, but feel he is just more effective.

his free kicks are becoming Beckham-esque in their reliability - remember when Beckham used to get a free kick and it was a surprise when he DIDN'T score?

which also creates nervous defences and opens up opportunities as they know of you give a free kick within 25 yards you are in serious trouble

Re; Madrid - i don't think he is dynamic enough for them to be interested.
he doesn't really have that Galactico thing going on.

I am inclined to agree.

I hope he can manage 9 more goals this season. I think 20 would be a nice round number

I got told by someone who has been at the training ground at Tottenham and I know for a fact he is the last one out of the training ground some evenings, even later then the cleaners.

Was also told he is still angry at his national manager for the way he was talked about after a match last summer. Apparently was considering whether to carry on playing for Denmark.

That was so uncalled for, we and his national team are overdependent on a 22 year old, to single him out on the odd occasion he doesn't deliver is poor form

Back