• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Thanks for spending the best part of your career here Christian. You were one of the best midfield players that I have had the fortune of watching in a Spurs shirt. Certainly in my top 10, possibly in my top 5, but not in my top 3 (Hoddle, Gazza and Ardiles)

Looking forward to see him scoring direct from a corner next time we play Inter. Nice to see the goodwill on here for him, I’m still a little sore about what came across as a passive aggressive manoeuvre to leave.
That said he could have waited until the end of the season and go on a free and we don’t know what he was asking for or offered behind the scenes.
Sometimes I feel a player suits a club and in his case I thought were the best match for both of us. I wish him no harm and some moderate success in the walking football vets league, as long as it’s not at our expense.
He went about leaving in a far better way than many of the other players who have left us. In fact for a player that wanted to leave I think his behaviour was exemplary.

Good luck to him
Weaker league of expect him to show his world class talent
The real big games in the CL I’d expect him to not turn up
The guy will still be one of the best on the pitch

He went about leaving in a far better way than many of the other players who have left us. In fact for a player that wanted to leave I think his behaviour was exemplary.
Thats the bit we will disagree on. Refusing to play or being a disruptive influence is unforgivable (except it is when Keane is re signed when his move didn’t work out or Berbatov is invited back for a half time chat) but Eriksen didn’t refuse to play instead he approached his last period of play with us like he did a 50 50 challenge. He pretended he was committed to it but made sure he didn’t really get close enough to actually contest the ball and risk the challenge.
He gave more good than bad performances, was excellent value for money and a key part of the best team we’ve had in a long time. I just wish he could have kept giving his best whilst he was under contract, which if I’m being kind may well have been due to mental fragility than intentional.

Last edited:
Thanks for the memories. For the attacking football that made Spurs a second team for so many rival fans. For the assists against Arsenal and Chelsea. For the outrageous long range goals. For being pivotal in Spurs regaining our seat at the top table. For making the Top 4 into a Top 6.

Whether your heart's no longer in it, whether you can't be arsed any more, or even if you're just knackered after so many long hard seasons, I can't hold it against you as you were such a massive part of us getting our audere back.

All the best, Christian.

Has been a truly great player for us over the last 6 years. At our peak 2-3 years ago he was the one Spurs player who when injured was really missed as he was the lynchpin for the team. Shame about the last 12 months or so and just wonder if we have seen the best of his football playing years

Thats the bit we will disagree on. Refusing to play or being a disruptive influence is unforgivable (except it is when Keane is re signed when his move didn’t work out or Berbatov is invited back for a half time chat) but Eriksen didn’t refuse to play instead he approached his last period of play with us like he did a 50 50 challenge. He pretended he was committed to it but made sure he didn’t really get close enough to actually contest the ball and risk the challenge.
He gave more good than bad performances, was excellent value for money and a key part of the best team we’ve had in a long time. I just wish he could have kept giving his best whilst he was under contract, which if I’m being kind may well have been due to mental fragility than intentional.
I think just about every player in World football that is on the verge of the biggest contract of their career would do the same. It is why it is so disruptive to have players on the books who are in the last year of their contract.

I think just about every player in World football that is on the verge of the biggest contract of their career would do the same. It is why it is so disruptive to have players on the books who are in the last year of their contract.
Don’t disagree with the last point.
I guess I looked at Ramsey as a benchmark of how to behave in your last year at a club you give a brick about, perhaps him having the deal done helped free his mind about worrying about getting injured (which he eventually did and probably helped us get CL!)
Obviously I wouldn’t hold the resentment as much if he hasn’t been a great player for us!

I'm not the slightest bit disappointed he's gone.

When he was playing well he was a massive asset to the team and gave us some brilliant moments, but this last 18 months he may as well have not been here his form dropped that much off a cliff, it just feels like he's been gone a while now.

Good luck at Inter, I think you might find it hard to win anything, but at least the money's good, oh and the food is so damn nice.

When he was playing well he was a massive asset to the team and gave us some brilliant moments, but this last 18 months he may as well have not been here his form dropped that much off a cliff, it just feels like he's been gone a while now.

Good luck at Inter, I think you might find it hard to win anything, but at least the money's good, oh and the food is so damn nice.
Milan food is average
He needs to go south for the better food

I know you're not saying it is all down to him, I am saying that I don't think he hides or chokes any more than Kane, Alli, Son etc, yet the accusation is fielded at him almost constantly, while the others get away with it. Any big match in which his performance isn't at least 7/10, he's accused of phoning it in or bottling it. While the others are just accused of being brick or have excuses made for them. Though I'm sure this will change as soon as one of them pipes up and asks to leave.

I also agree that we shouldn't be reliant on one player. And that is nothing to do with Eriksen for me, you should never be reliant on one player imo and even Barcelona are having this issue with Messi. Though this was a big positive for me over the past 4-5 years anyway. We moved away from having one or two superstars towards an actual team, with lots of very good players.

And @galeforce , perhaps I'm less annoyed at Eriksen because I've personally never seen him as being quite as impactful as the likes of Hazard or KDB or Silva. Maybe that's why people are getting annoyed at him. For me though, that's like being annoyed at my car for not doing 0 to 100 in 4 seconds, I'd be annoyed for something it isn't capable of doing in the first place.

Its why Hazard and Real have been making eyes at each other for years and why he moved for 80 million with one season remaining , with Real not bothering to mess around all summer. And why Eriksen is moving to Inter.

Me personally I’m not happy with his effort over the past 12 months or so. Can’t argue with his stats but that doesn’t tell the full story. Having said that I’m absolutely fine with the way he has conducted himself off the pitch, he hasn’t bitched, complained or made any waves. I would have liked to have seen more effort on the pitch but I do agree it’s harsh to blame him solely for our collective bottling in big games. No coincidence to me that the team collectively went into their shell whenever we had a chance to go top of the league.

By far the best player we signed with the Bale money. I wish him no ill will.

Thanks for some great moments and memories, particularly the numerous long rangers..

It's probably a shame a transfer couldn't have happened over the summer considering how this seasons panned out...Hopefully now we have a move that works for both player and club, considering the joint announcement the funds recouped go a long way towards signing GLC permanently.

Even if not the ideal ending, it's nice to have the situation sorted and club management will have learned of player power issues for future times.

I think the 'last 18 months' is a bit of revisionism. Last season Eriksen had a combined 20 PL goals and assists, second best for us (behind only Harry Kane).
This season I think he has been phoning it in a bit while on the pitch, just as Toby Alderweireld was doing before he signed his new deal.

Back