• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Re: Christian Eriksen - Confirmed

Related to this: Carroll joining Ajax on loan?!? Daily Fail thinks it might happen. Utterly brilliant for him and us if so! Ajax becoming our feeder club?!?!?!?

I mentioned this yesterday, maybe even Holtby going too

i think he'll do great!! but you never know. the eredivisie is so much lower quality than the pl.
but jan vertonghen got on pretty great too!

he is a tiny little hedgehog. please take care of him.

We’ll take more care of you Eriksen, Eriksen

Never thought I would see a day like this. Thanks Daniel.

Have to admit I'm not sure if any of them will, or should, start on Sunday. Its a massive game to integrate new blood into the team, maybe bench at best.
Unleash them v Norwich when they have more time to gel with their team-mates

posted before, long read but worth it:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2012/dec/19/christian-eriksen-ajax

excerpts:

Christian Eriksen's mind drifts back to Denmark's friendly against England early last year, when Ajax's prodigiously talented playmaker stole the show. It was a night when the English press had travelled to Copenhagen expecting to write about … "Wheelchair," Eriksen says, before there is chance to finish the question. "I read that before the game, the fight between the two youngsters – hopefully I won it." The verdict was unanimous. Jack Wheelchair, who was winning his first full cap, was upstaged along with the rest of England's team by a player who has become one of the most coveted in Europe.

. "Money has never been a motivation. I have chosen football before that every time and I still do that," he says. "I'm addicted to football. When I get outside, I just want to stay on the training pitch."

Chelsea's decision not to sign Eriksen was influenced by the fact that they already had Josh McEachran, who played in a similar position and was a year younger. Fast forward five years and McEachran has made one Premier League start for Chelsea and is on loan at Middlesbrough. Eriksen has played 136 times for Ajax.

He smiles when the conversation turns to the four points Ajax took off Emirates Marketing Project in the Champions League this season. "I think we won [at home] because we played different. In England, you play the long ball and you want the second ball. Here we play between the lines and it's easier for us to play football.

this has been the most fantastic transfer window, so excited. a real pleasure to see the absolute quality we're bringing in.. and it's not even deadline day yet! hats off to everyone at the club making things happen..

Our newest signing is being shown round London by Vertonghen.

http://instagram.com/p/dpmyt_M74e/

7daa80c011af11e3acaf22000ae80c8d_7.jpg

And someone on twitter spotted the pair of them outside an estate agents earlier
https://twitter.com/declanolley/status/373535066301157376/photo/1

BS8QKeSIAAAmTYv.jpg

this has been the most fantastic transfer window, so excited. a real pleasure to see the absolute quality we're bringing in.. and it's not even deadline day yet! hats off to everyone at the club making things happen..

I know this seems like every spurs fans dream us splashing the cash and i'm as happy as the next guy, it's definitely going to create a fantastic fight for first team places but i i some how feel we may have bought too many players and some of the more recent signings from last such as Siguardsson and maybe even Dembele may eventually leave by the end of the year because of lack of playing time. Also, i wonder what someone like tom Carroll feels, his path way has been blocked further by Eriksen's arrival.

I guess we have to see how things pan out and if everyone is hungry and playing then we wont get too much discontent.

I remember when Aresen bought loads of players when he was director of football and then within a year half of them had gone but we were buying from the bargain basement.

What's up with Spurs and these bald, scary dudes?

Meh, what else have we got cooking?

Coentrao and Halilovic?

Since we've signed Vertonghen we've bought in both Dembele and Chadli who are Belgians and now Erikson who's Vertonghen's old team mate from Ajax..

Is Verts making the signings at Spurs quietly?

Do they all have the same agent?

So for those who know Eriksen..... Is he a creative passer? Is he very unselfish? Does he release the ball quickly? Is he very mobile with good pass and move? Those are the qualities I think we need in our central playmaker and the qualities we need to complete our attack.

eriksen-lamela-soldado <-- our attacking trident :)
i'm sure we'll score more goals than bale-defoe-ade

Last edited:

I'm liking what i'm googling lately:

http://eplindex.com/36360/ajax-star-christian-eriksen-ready-premier-league-move.html

Eriksen grabbed a goal and four assists in the Champions League last season and was pivotal in Ajax claiming four points over their two encounters against Emirates Marketing Project, in what was known as last year’s ‘Group of Death’ in Europe’s most prestigious club tournament.

He made an average of 2.7 key passes a game (16 in total), with an overall pass completion of 84%, before Ajax finished third and dropped down to the UEFA Europa League, where Eriksen made 3 key passes a game in both legs against Steaua Bucharest in the last-32, with an overall pass accuracy of 83.7% compared to Bale’s 78% from eight games.

Never heard about Eriksen until we were linked with him. Since he is being labelled as a playmaker, hope he will be the creative midfielder we so badly need. At the same time, hope he will score atleast 10 goals from midfield. Apart from Bale, we have badly lacked a goal scoring midfielder who can score more than 10 goals a season. He is only 21, so can see him taking time to settle down. Hope he will repay us with important goals and assists soon.

I've never seen much of him except a few Denmark games and some Champions league ties with ajax, but I get the impression that he'll divide oppinion alot.

Whenever there's a discussion about him about 50% love him and the other 50% are unsure as to what he does, and thinks he's overrated.

Is he one of those who look really good stats wise but who you don't really notice to much during the game?

I've never seen much of him except a few Denmark games and some Champions league ties with ajax, but I get the impression that he'll divide oppinion alot.

Whenever there's a discussion about him about 50% love him and the other 50% are unsure as to what he does, and thinks he's overrated.

Is he one of those who look really good stats wise but who you don't really notice to much during the game?

I thought we replaced Carrick a long time ago ...

[video=youtube;tG_M0i7VPPY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG_M0i7VPPY[/video]

Looks perfect for us.

I'm in the same boat to you with regards to seeing him play as I've only watched him in a few games . I were impressed with him versus England and he did fairly well against Emirates Marketing Project.

I hear what what you're saying regarding a very divided opinion of the player but I do think he's worth twice more than the 12 million we've shelled out . I can't get my head around the fact that there are some CL clubs out there flush with money, not willing to spend that kind of money for him.

I'm certain he will be a valuable asset to our club.

Good work from Levy, Baldini, AVB and all involved in getting these players in this summer .=D>

Back