• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Immediately, off the top of my head, the 2-0 win against City in the last season at The Lane.

Ok... so 3/4 years ago ish, and a game where eriksen played well too IIRC

Could be argued that eriksen played well in a lot more big games since then that Lamela hasn’t (of course Lamela has had his fitness issues)

I think it’s a silly comparison really. Lamela should be getting compared with someone like Moura as they have played a similar number of games since Moura has been here... and he is well behind him (Lamela that is)

Here's a few big match contributions from Eriksen last season for you:

2018/19 in CL:
VS Emirates Marketing Project, QF (a): assist for Son's 2nd to put us 2-1 up

2018/19 in PL:
vs Man U (a): superb assist for Moura's first in the 3-0 win at OT
vs Liverpool (h): assist (from corner!) for Lamela goal v Liverpool
vs Chelsea (h): excellent performance with two assists in 3-1 win
vs Liverpool (a): assist for Moura at Anfield in 1-2 defeat

And who can forget his wonder goal to clinch victory against Chelsea in January 2017:

Will never tire of watching that Chelsea goal, brilliant. I dont think its a case of he never turns up in big games - its a question of how often he does it.

Some on here claim hes world class - When I look at the World class players, not just Ronaldo and Messi but someone like Hazard they almost always create moments in the big games, or at the very least are a threat. With Eriksen its more 50-50 at best. Sure he could do something brilliant in a big game, but all too often and Id suggest more often than not he goes missing. Personally think its a mental thing with him, certainly not ability. Hope he stays, but I have every confidence in our resources and planning to make sure we dont miss him and move on seamlessly if he does go. Either way this needs to be resolved sooner rather than later.....

If i owned a football club and had had Eriksen scouted for the last few months of the season I would not touch him with a barge pole.

We would have won the champs league final if we had started Lamela instead.

I would have started moura instead of Alli as I don’t think Alli has progressed in the last couple of seasons despite still being a very good player.

As for Lamela? He doesn’t hurt the opposition enough and he’s behind Eriksen, Son, Moura and Alli in the pecking order right now.

Will never tire of watching that Chelsea goal, brilliant. I dont think its a case of he never turns up in big games - its a question of how often he does it.

Some on here claim hes world class - When I look at the World class players, not just Ronaldo and Messi but someone like Hazard they almost always create moments in the big games, or at the very least are a threat. With Eriksen its more 50-50 at best. Sure he could do something brilliant in a big game, but all too often and Id suggest more often than not he goes missing. Personally think its a mental thing with him, certainly not ability. Hope he stays, but I have every confidence in our resources and planning to make sure we dont miss him and move on seamlessly if he does go. Either way this needs to be resolved sooner rather than later.....

I agree I really don’t think he’s consistent enough to play for someone like Real. He’d get eaten alive by their spoilt fans. I agree it’s also a mental issue.

My view is that it is harder to play well against better teams so we should not be surprised that players "go missing" against top-class opposition. Not everyone can be Geoff Hurst.

For our team set up and the way we play he’s world class.

He makes my pants sticky, people trying to take him about about not being consistent?

Look at his stats over the past few years.

Pretty consistent.

Here's a few big match contributions from Eriksen last season for you:

2018/19 in CL:
VS Emirates Marketing Project, QF (a): assist for Son's 2nd to put us 2-1 up

2018/19 in PL:
vs Man U (a): superb assist for Moura's first in the 3-0 win at OT
vs Liverpool (h): assist (from corner!) for Lamela goal v Liverpool
vs Chelsea (h): excellent performance with two assists in 3-1 win
vs Liverpool (a): assist for Moura at Anfield in 1-2 defeat

And who can forget his wonder goal to clinch victory against Chelsea in January 2017:

Eriksen is phenomenal, and I'd be over the moon if he signed a new contract! Just wanted to be the pedantic dimwit to point out that the goal against them that you link to was in April 2018. ;)

Has he gone yet?
He’s definitely gone. For sure. In fact, he went middle of last season according to all the clever people on here. Good riddance I say. He’s a luxury player. A fancy Dan. A johhny Carlos kickabout. Never saw him break a bone of an opponent. Even Hoddle did that (1st sub appearance at the lane).

I quite like the idea of going back to the 343 with Dele, Kane and Eriksen at the top backed up with a midfield containing two of Winks, N'Dombele, Lo-Celso or Sissoko and two wing backs from Rose, Sessegnon, Aurier and whoever we spot as our new RB. Having Son, Moura and Lamela to back that front three up isn't the end of the world and Sessegnon could rotate up there too.

I quite like the idea of going back to the 343 with Dele, Kane and Eriksen at the top backed up with a midfield containing two of Winks, N'Dombele, Lo-Celso or Sissoko and two wing backs from Rose, Sessegnon, Aurier and whoever we spot as our new RB. Having Son, Moura and Lamela to back that front three up isn't the end of the world and Sessegnon could rotate up there too.

I think we will play that way myself

I think we will play that way myself
Worries me that.

We’ve always looked best in a 4231 - Dele, Eriksen, Kane and Son all to start when fit.

Back 3 worked for a bit, but got real old real quick and went to crap for us.

Diamond was horrible but it let us bypass our non existent central midfield and allowed Poch to play either Son or Lucas off Kane in a front two.

Back to 4231 for me please! And get Eriksen to sign a new bloody contract. (It’s clear Madrid haven’t got a pot left to tinkle in)

Worries me that.

We’ve always looked best in a 4231 - Dele, Eriksen, Kane and Son all to start when fit.

Back 3 worked for a bit, but got real old real quick and went to crap for us.

Diamond was horrible but it let us bypass our non existent central midfield and allowed Poch to play either Son or Lucas off Kane in a front two.

Back to 4231 for me please! And get Eriksen to sign a new bloody contract. (It’s clear Madrid haven’t got a pot left to tinkle in)

Arguably our best season was playing 3 at the back

Arguably our best season was playing 3 at the back
I think we had a good patch with it, but it wasn’t the whole season. I thought we started 4231 - switched it to back 3 to combat Watford’s front 2, and it seemed to catch everyone out for 4 months or so. We switched it up a lot but it got predictable/ got found out and we switched back.

That’s my memory anyway. Could be absolutely tosh!

Back