• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

I think the question should have been Moura or Son not Moura or Kane as Son has been since the City game, even longer in the league (since Kane was bought back?)

I don’t think a Sissoko Winks combo is good enough, I think you can play one (Winks ideally) with a N’Dombele - but not together.

Indeed, the discussion is sort of becoming blended with past versus future.

Truth be told, the front four he chose is the front four which has done so much for us in the last few years, and I think Poch took the view that the deserved the chance to show it one more time in the biggest game. Was this a weakness on his part? Who knows. But is is hard to argue with the logic and overall decision I think (even though, as noted elsewhere, I would've started with a different lineup). Fun discussion.

Surely we'd offer him £200k to match Kane and Lloris

I still can't see an obvious club who wants him, and who could afford the fee and wages

It makes obvious sense then not to sign a new contract and move on a free next summer and earn silly money without a transfer free. He would be in serious demand. If you cannot see what an excellent option that is for the player then you are blinded by your love for Spurs. Eriksen does not have that loyalty and I do not blame him for that. He has said often he has a plan of how he sees his career path progressing. It does not help that although we have come close he has not won anything with us.

If he was serious about staying he would have signed a new contract. His next contract will be the biggest one of his career so he will seek to maximise it on his own terms, I would if I were not a Spurs fan and not happy where I was

I reckon we’ll do well to get that. Hazard’s a much better player and he went for £88 million.
But Grealish is much worse and villa want £60m for him and Palace want £100m for zaha.
Talent isn't the only factor, length of contract, how much the player is important to the team and style, does the player want out, etc.
A player is no different to anything else, he's only worth what someone is willing to pay.
What DL needs to decide is whether Eriksen is worth more to us than the transfer fee.
I can't see us getting more than £60m. But considering what he cost, how long g he's been here and his relatively low wages and don't see it as a bad deal for the club.

Agree prices are crazy but only having a year left on his contract is bound to have a serious effect on what clubs are willing to pay. I hope Levy isn’t silly about what is a fair price, although I don’t hold out too much hope on that one.

Agree prices are crazy but only having a year left on his contract is bound to have a serious effect on what clubs are willing to pay. I hope Levy isn’t silly about what is a fair price, although I don’t hold out too much hope on that one.

It's reported Hazard only has 1 year left on his contract remaining, so I'd expect Eriksen to be sold for something along £80m+ with add ons.

It makes obvious sense then not to sign a new contract and move on a free next summer and earn silly money without a transfer free. He would be in serious demand. If you cannot see what an excellent option that is for the player then you are blinded by your love for Spurs. Eriksen does not have that loyalty and I do not blame him for that. He has said often he has a plan of how he sees his career path progressing. It does not help that although we have come close he has not won anything with us.

If he was serious about staying he would have signed a new contract. His next contract will be the biggest one of his career so he will seek to maximise it on his own terms, I would if I were not a Spurs fan and not happy where I was

I reckon we would freeze him out, rather than play him while he's actively running down his contract. Then who would want to pay top wages for an unfit 28YO who'd missed a whole year. Levy's still sore about Campbell.

I reckon we would freeze him out, rather than play him while he's actively running down his contract. Then who would want to pay top wages for an unfit 28YO who'd missed a whole year. Levy's still sore about Campbell.
I think this will happen too, same with Toby. Levy would want to do it to try and recoup a transfer fee to fund replacements and I think Poch would be on board with this from a footballing point of view as he places great emphasis on us having a committed group of players.

Didn't happen with Modric and I just don't see it with Eriksen.

The Walker situation was different because the timing of his transfer request infuriated Poch who wanted total commitment and zero distractions from every player in his squad in the push for the PL title.

I think this will happen too, same with Toby. Levy would want to do it to try and recoup a transfer fee to fund replacements and I think Poch would be on board with this from a footballing point of view as he places great emphasis on us having a committed group of players.

I think both would buckle and sign short (2 year) extensions with conditional leave clauses for next summer

Didn't happen with Modric and I just don't see it with Eriksen.

The Walker situation was different because the timing of his transfer request infuriated Poch who wanted total commitment and zero distractions from every player in his squad in the push for the PL title.

The situation I'm on about is one where there is no bids that work for us and they won't sign a contract extension. With Modric we got a bid that at that time worked for us; but Madrid don't seem so keen on Eriksen.

The situation I'm on about is one where there is no bids that work for us and they won't sign a contract extension. With Modric we got a bid that at that time worked for us; but Madrid don't seem so keen on Eriksen.
Still don't see him being frozen out, Poch is too pragmatic for that. Something would have to have properly upset him before he would do anything like that - imo.

Still don't see him being frozen out, Poch is too pragmatic for that. Something would have to have properly upset him before he would do anything like that - imo.

Not signing a contract is not giving the loyalty that Poch demands. If you aren't 100% into the project, I'm sure he won't want anyone like that around

Back