• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

It is professional words but unneccessary. You keep these comments behind closed doors IMO. He knows there is interest and he is now making it public, which gives the onus to the buyer. Not wise unless you know you arent going to play a game for the club again, which IMO he knows he is off - so clever I would say. If nothing comes through you then sign a contract and dont upset the fans as they know nothing about it all otherwise.

I think it has been obvious for some time that he wants out, unfortunately many on here simply refused to accept it

I’ll be very very disappointed to see him go but can understand it. He’s given us 6 good years as infuriating as he could be at times.

He’s 27 and isn’t a local so I could understand him wanting to play in other countries.

What I hope I don’t hear is “I left to win trophies”. Our big players are getting that chance here and they aren’t grasping it. As pros, if they want to win trophies they should stand up and do it on the big occasion and our fellas have failed several times so far when it came to the crunch. They shouldn’t be relying on team mates elsewhere to win trophies for them. However, to be fair, he hasn’t said that yet.

As integral as he is to us, as others have said, this may force us to adapt and that’s exciting in its own way. I’ll still miss him if he goes though.

Reading the translation on the BBC its not clear if it's a negotiation tactic or a call to clubs.
If I was poch or DL I wouldn't be too happy either way.
Eriksen, I want to try something new
Poch, how about we start with tackling, trying to win headers, or a nice easy one beating the first man on corners?
DL, if you chase a new club as well as you chased Mane I'll get the Gillingham chairman's number for you.

Reading the translation on the BBC its not clear if it's a negotiation tactic or a call to clubs.
If I was poch or DL I wouldn't be too happy either way.
Eriksen, I want to try something new
Poch, how about we start with tackling, trying to win headers, or a nice easy one beating the first man on corners?
DL, if you chase a new club as well as you chased Mane I'll get the Gillingham chairman's number for you.

How about we start rotating him, not flogging him and expect him to put in unrealistic performances every game?

Maybe that’s the change?

I think the other side of having him is fitting him in, or fitting others in around him.

For example the CL final - my team pick would have been to have Eriksen in Winks position, that way Son - Alli - Moura could play their natural positions behind Kane.

Instead Eriksen was in that 3, which means Moura on the bench and Alli pushed wide (or he comes central and leave space wide, leaving us narrow...)

Eriksen is a fabulous player, and has been the hearbeat of our team - I certainly dont want to talk him down. And if he signs a deal Ill be happy, the guy is class and we know we can make it work well. However, there is a part of me that sees more balance in the side without him - but it would also mean we need proper quality in CM to compensate.
I concur Eriksen has played some great games for us..some criticism on here is not fair..he really has given us what he could IMO...and covered so much ground during a game.

Yeah he's going to be hard to replace all right! To do that you'll need a player who has an eye for goal and winning games who is very quick on the ball.
So sad to see him go . well played for us Eriksen ...you served us well.....
I wish him all the best of luck...………...

Delighted to see him go, if indeed he does go. I'm not seeing a line of top clubs waiting to offer him a contract. I have an awful feeling that he will sign a new contract with our club and we will be stuck with him again next season.

It's not Sissoko's fault - he can't change who or what he is.

It's Poch/Levy's fault for buying him and then not taking a loss on him when they could and England's fault for running Dier/Winks into the ground.
Dier breaking the front line of the opposition's defence? I don't remember seeing too much of that (I think I have seen him break the front line of our own defence more via giving the ball away badly via poor control or passes)

Delighted to see him go, if indeed he does go. I'm not seeing a line of top clubs waiting to offer him a contract. I have an awful feeling that he will sign a new contract with our club and we will be stuck with him again next season.
I’ll go one more. He stays another year and goes on a free.

Given Barca are signing Griezmann and de Jong, and Real are signing Hazard as well as the Porto right back, both will have already parted with £150m+ before you get to Eriksen. I wonder whether he'll end up at Bayern instead? They're rebuilding at the moment and have deep pockets.

Juve?

How about we start rotating him, not flogging him and expect him to put in unrealistic performances every game?

Maybe that’s the change?

Whats unrealistic about putting in a challenge (challenge, mind you a not tackle) to someone that you've let trott past you in the biggest game in world football?

Whats unrealistic about getting a dead ball past the first defender?

a little taster of the more lucid ones

Can anyone really make a case for us keeping Eriksen now after the last six months of the season? Pls don’t throw stats at me. Stats make Hazard look average and the blokes a game changer. With the players we have around him Im sure someone could come in and do a better job now.
Actually if you watch Hazard regularly he also has ups and downs. What he has that Eriksen doesn't have however is the ability to turn it on in the big games that really matter.
He won't be the first or the last that will leave us ,but will the grass be greener in Madrid,he could sign for us for another two years, first name on the team sheet,fans know him and recognise what he brings to the team or go to Madrid where if he doesnt perform be dropped ,be taken off after an hour,get the bird off the fans,get ripped apart by the press.....plus he could have a little word with Bale if he sits next to him on the bench next season.... if Bale is still there that is...

Anyway if Madrid offer anything above 90 mill plus Levy will drive him there himself lol...
He has a year left on his deal. I doubt we'll get any more than about £50 million for him.

Back