• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Let’s be honest he’s been far from his best this season. Loads were terrible tonight. If we can get a big fee I’d sell him as he just ambles through to many games.

I look at the top players they get games by the scruff of the neck and make things happen. Apart from odd screamer he does not do it .
What a load of fudging rubbish! Get a grip!

What a load of fudging rubbish! Get a grip!
I’ve got a firm grip thank you very much. And if you got something to add be constructive rather than your one line post. forums for opinions and you can disagree all you like no skin off my nose but let’s hear why ?

Last edited:
We do heap a lot on his shoulders. Dele was awful tonight, as was Son the first half. We do need another attacker though
Well many on here claim he is world class, world class players have the most expectation pinned on them and actually rise to it and perform in the biggest games. All too many times Eriksen goes hiding, and yesterday was just another example of that. He is very talented but look at someone like Hazard who always delivers on the biggest stage, has driven Chelsea to trophies single handedly at times and there is arguably more expectation on him with Chelsea as they are more of a one man team. That is a world class player, Eriksen is a level below that for me - whether it’s just a mental thing or not I have no idea....

I’ve got a firm grip thank you very much. And if you got something to add be constructive rather than your one line post. forums for opinions and you can disagree all you like no skin off my nose but let’s hear why ?
I'll add something constructive - reading the CL final programme......guess which player covered the most ground in the whole champions League?

Well many on here claim he is world class, world class players have the most expectation pinned on them and actually rise to it and perform in the biggest games. All too many times Eriksen goes hiding, and yesterday was just another example of that. He is very talented but look at someone like Hazard who always delivers on the biggest stage, has driven Chelsea to trophies single handedly at times and there is arguably more expectation on him with Chelsea as they are more of a one man team. That is a world class player, Eriksen is a level below that for me - whether it’s just a mental thing or not I have no idea....
I agree with this and if we could get someone of Hazards class we should go for it.
They are very few and far between.
Bale is the only one I can think of - and we know the concerns there.

Mr.Eriksen showed us yesterday that he is nowhere near world class. He certainly has some talent, however world class players rise to the occasion. Witness Bale in last Season CL final. At one point later in the game a Liverpool player went past him like he wasn't there, and then Eriksen just gave up the chase. He really is a fairy at times.

I'll add something constructive - reading the CL final programme......guess which player covered the most ground in the whole champions League?
I’m not calling into question his work rate at all. I’m saying based on what I’ve seen on pitch this season he’s not living up to the talent that he has. He’s had an ok season nothing spectacular. Has he had his head turned ? Possibly . Is he playing to the height of his ability ? Who knows.

He’s given us some exceptional performances at times but he’s very hot and cold. World class players do it consistently.

We could sell him for a big fee and reinvest in the squad. Yes would be a shame but he looks like a player waiting for a move. The desire looks to have left him in a Spurs shirt.

Great player but we need this sorted, wouldn’t be upset to hear him gone soon to Madrid for £50m. At least then we could move on with our summer plans. Tired of the saga.

He has been great for us for a number of years but if he could be replaced I wouldn't be bothered with him going now, has coasted through far too many games this year

I’d hope for this too, but I honestly don’t see Madrid or Barca coming in for him; he doesn’t look anywhere near that level to me.

He has looked that good at times, but Madrid don’t sign players unless they do it all the time.

Barca might, Coutinho and Rakitic regularly start for them and they are both brick.

And your post was constructive? It contains more words than my post, but nothing factual or remotely true.

And how do we replace his goals and assists?

Almost 20 of them a season.

It's been said before, but I don't think he'd be directly replaced in the same way that Coutinho wasn't at Liverpool.

If, for example, we sold Eriksen and signed Bale, you could have a front 3 of son---kane---bale. Get a better right-back to replace Trippier, Rose on the left and we might be able to play a more workmanlike midfield (as Liverpool do) whilst scoring and creating goals from the front 3 and full-backs (mainly front 3).

I'm not saying we'd do this, just an example of what could happen.

I know I know, he does perform its a massive headache
He has played on the most like his heart isn't in it

If his heart wasn’t in it he wouldn’t be putting up the distance stats.

He would be cruising through games - he was also let down last night by our blunt attack.

All the WC players seem to have gotten a free hit this year performance wise except him.

If his heart wasn’t in it he wouldn’t be putting up the distance stats.

He would be cruising through games - he was also let down last night by our blunt attack.

All the WC players seem to have gotten a free hit this year performance wise except him.
Lets hope a summer off can help him regain his focus, get some rest and more importantly sort his future out

Back