• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Dele had another poor game yet he's getting a free pass because the rumour mill has not decided he's definitely leaving in the summer.

We really do need to get our heads around the fact that all players have spells when things just won't happen for them. I was as guilty as most on here in lambasting Sissoko but shooting aside he's been one of our best players this season.

I thought Dele had a fine game sitting deeper as he had to. We lost his link with Kane and that cost us, but we were obviously watching different games if you thought he was poor.

I

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Correct they often are, but he has averaged 9 assists and even to the blind that is clear.

stats are fine in some cases but more often then not they can give a false impression by those who use them to fit their own agenda

If this was Poch's first season and he had Eriksen was one of the established players he would have dropped him.

He needs dropping and resting, whether he stays or not it is important players know they have to perform to stay in the team. I get sticking by players but it has been to long. Time to see if someone else can stake a claim.

stats are fine in some cases but more often then not they can give a false impression by those who use them to fit their own agenda

As i said you are correct, pity others do not feel the same way as we do. Because in this instance they do not have a reason to suggest otherwise.

As i said you are correct, pity others do not feel the same way as we do. Because in this instance they do not have a reason to suggest otherwise.

There has to perspective.

Yes, he has had 9 assists, a fine record, but given that we do tend to try and play through him as much as possible when he is on the pitch, and given his supreme talent, we have come to expect it from him.
My issue is that for the second time in his career with us, he has once again hit a wall and is simply not performing with the presence and aplomb his skill and experience (plus relative seniority) demands.

I have my own suspicions (which I'm sure you won't agree with mate) but...

...I believe he had his heart set on Barca. They didn't bite in the summer, he felt with the contract situation he could engineer the move this summer, instead he has seen Barca switch targets and acquisitions which now leaves him to either re-sign with his (as I had heard this was his choice if Barca didn't happen) or face being forced to move elsewhere. The latter is not beyond question. I think it is unlikely if all parties can come to a swift agreement on the season's end (and lets' face it, this season has been weird!), but I would not be totally shocked if there was a thought to upgrade/shift the way we play slightly.

We have persevered with this/these system/s for a few seasons and had some incredible times (perhaps the most amazing are yet to come?)? Equally, if Poch didn't ask the questions we'd be critical.

I think Eriksen is in a bit of a fog. I hope for all our sakes he gets out of it quickly because an extra 20% of him right now (along with a faultless Hugo) could be the difference maker...

There has to perspective.

Yes, he has had 9 assists, a fine record, but given that we do tend to try and play through him as much as possible when he is on the pitch, and given his supreme talent, we have come to expect it from him.
My issue is that for the second time in his career with us, he has once again hit a wall and is simply not performing with the presence and aplomb his skill and experience (plus relative seniority) demands.

I have my own suspicions (which I'm sure you won't agree with mate) but...

...I believe he had his heart set on Barca. They didn't bite in the summer, he felt with the contract situation he could engineer the move this summer, instead he has seen Barca switch targets and acquisitions which now leaves him to either re-sign with his (as I had heard this was his choice if Barca didn't happen) or face being forced to move elsewhere. The latter is not beyond question. I think it is unlikely if all parties can come to a swift agreement on the season's end (and lets' face it, this season has been weird!), but I would not be totally shocked if there was a thought to upgrade/shift the way we play slightly.

We have persevered with this/these system/s for a few seasons and had some incredible times (perhaps the most amazing are yet to come?)? Equally, if Poch didn't ask the questions we'd be critical.

I think Eriksen is in a bit of a fog. I hope for all our sakes he gets out of it quickly because an extra 20% of him right now (along with a faultless Hugo) could be the difference maker...

I I can't dance with most of that mate, i have also said' several times over the last few pages that he is not playing well. However he is not the only one and seeing as he has been among our best players over the last several seasons some of the stuff i have read is a little over the top ( to say the least). As you say because he has averaged 9 assists since he has been here we should expect it from him, well guess what he has done it again.

Like i have said he is not playing well at the moment( its hard to say with any honesty that others are/have done on a consistant basis either). As for Barca you may be right and i would not really blame any player for wanting a move to win things (and he would there). I hope he does not.

I I can't dance with most of that mate, i have also said' several times over the last few pages that he is not playing well. However he is not the only one and seeing as he has been among our best players over the last several seasons some of the stuff i have read is a little over the top ( to say the least). As you say because he has averaged 9 assists since he has been here we should expect it from him, well guess what he has done it again.

Like i have said he is not playing well at the moment( its hard to say with any honesty that others are/have done on a consistant basis either). As for Barca you may be right and i would not really blame any player for wanting a move to win things (and he would there). I hope he does not.

Indeed, and good GHod I hope I am wrong and that Christian shows me up as a muppet these final 7 games with 12 assists, 5 goals and two giant Danish fingers in my direction as he signs a new contract with his free hand and roars about winning next season's CL with his new grizzly Danish viking beard!!!!!

Indeed, and good GHod I hope I am wrong and that Christian shows me up as a muppet these final 7 games with 12 assists, 5 goals and two giant Danish fingers in my direction as he signs a new contract with his free hand and roars about winning next season's CL with his new grizzly Danish viking beard!!!!!

Amen brother. I do not think you would deserve the finger though mate as you never turn on players after they have been on a bad run ( especially one of out best), wish i could say the same about some others though. :)

Much better -- not everything he tried came off but he got involved and did a lot of positive things with the ball. I don't care about him being a p*ssy when it comes to tackling, he's always been that way. But we need him to keep getting involved in the game and not be a passenger.

Good game overall.

Much better -- not everything he tried came off but he got involved and did a lot of positive things with the ball. I don't care about him being a p*ssy when it comes to tackling, he's always been that way. But we need him to keep getting involved in the game and not be a passenger.

Good game overall.

Play the way he did tonight and I don't care if he tackles or not.
He did tackle though, and quite well to boot.

The amount of stick Eriksen has gotten while being forced to play central midfield for months is ridiculous.
He is not a central midfielder.
But he has done a job in there this season because of the injuries to Dier, Winks, Wanyama being crooked, Dembele getting injured and sold.
Tonight he played in the 3 in a 4231 for the first time since maybe November.
And he was world class again.

All the stupid theories about him not trying because he was leaving and him being not focused are gonad*s.
It reminds me about how everyone turned on Bale at one stage saying he wouldn't pass and wanted to do it all himself. This was playing for a AVB side whose whole tactics was don't attack, play safe and just give it to Bale.

The amount of stick Eriksen has gotten while being forced to play central midfield for months is ridiculous.
He is not a central midfielder.
But he has done a job in there this season because of the injuries to Dier, Winks, Wanyama being crooked, Dembele getting injured and sold.
Tonight he played in the 3 in a 4231 for the first time since maybe November.
And he was world class again.

All the stupid theories about him not trying because he was leaving and him being not focused are gonad*s.
It reminds me about how everyone turned on Bale at one stage saying he wouldn't pass and wanted to do it all himself. This was playing for a AVB side whose whole tactics was don't attack, play safe and just give it to Bale.
This

Back