• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Frankly that is just way out of order! Of course tackling is not his forte but he does not shirk in the way you are implying.

For sure he's going through a spell of poor form atm but all players do. He still came up with an assist that could have proved vital.

I've defended him in the past but I can't now, he is to my eyes shirking it.
Watch him, he's nowhere near an opposition player when they have the ball but skin tight when we have it.
He doesn't want to be here.
My big fear is that he doesn't get a move, runs his contract down and is the same next season.

Frankly that is just way out of order! Of course tackling is not his forte but he does not shirk in the way you are implying.

For sure he's going through a spell of poor form atm but all players do. He still came up with an assist that could have proved vital.
A spell of poor form? You’re being too polite, he’s had spells of poor form before and they don’t last as long as this. It just so happens to coincide with him not signing a new deal aswell. To suggest it’s just a bit of poor form is a bit fanciful, we was hearing the same thing months ago.....

The piece I keep missing in this thread is drop him for who?

Mere detail ;)

Eriksen is an excellent player in a poor patch. Even if did actually have a player of his quality to come in he would be hard to drop him.
Pochettino would never drop him if fit.

A spell of poor form? You’re being too polite, he’s had spells of poor form before and they don’t last as long as this. It just so happens to coincide with him not signing a new deal aswell. To suggest it’s just a bit of poor form is a bit fanciful, we was hearing the same thing months ago.....
He was poor for several months a couple of seasons back and was getting crucified on here non-stop. Then as soon as he turned the corner it was as if it hadn't happened.

Keep the faith!

Dele had another poor game yet he's getting a free pass because the rumour mill has not decided he's definitely leaving in the summer.

We really do need to get our heads around the fact that all players have spells when things just won't happen for them. I was as guilty as most on here in lambasting Sissoko but shooting aside he's been one of our best players this season.

Dele had another poor game yet he's getting a free pass because the rumour mill has not decided he's definitely leaving in the summer.

We really do need to get our heads around the fact that all players have spells when things just won't happen for them. I was as guilty as most on here in lambasting Sissoko but shooting aside he's been one of our best players this season.

Don't think Dele was too bad.
He is still suffering from the Hammy layoff. He is world class IMO when fully fit.
We have got/had quite a few players 'off colour' over the past 3 months......but thems the breaks.

See problem here is it isn't just a few weeks or months, it's been most of the season.
And even now excuses are being trotted out or other players lined up to distract from his form.

Hugo has had isolated issues but also some good performances yet there's a queue to sell, why should or is Eriksen any different?

See problem here is it isn't just a few weeks or months, it's been most of the season.
And even now excuses are being trotted out or other players lined up to distract from his form.

Hugo has had isolated issues but also some good performances yet there's a queue to sell, why should or is Eriksen any different?
I don't see it like that. Agree Eriksen is having a poor season but it's been up and down. Some games he's been outstanding and this forum has been fulsome in it's praise, others not so good. But even when he has a poor game how often does he provide the vital assist that makes the difference? However anytime he has a poor game it gets incremented on other poor performances and the good ones get forgotten.

Let's be fair, we're all guilty of it, but some are quicker and harsher to judge than others.

If this poor run of form continues unabated right through to the end of the season and then he decides he's off then I may revise my opinion, but for now I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt because since his arrival he's more than deserved it.

Eriksen has always had an inconsistent streak. It was usually always the winter he went through a bad patch for a couple of months. That, plus his lack of pace, are the two things that have/will stop him from becoming truly world class.

He had though, over the past 2 or 3 seasons, ironed out most of the mid-winter bad patch. So it's a shame that it has returned again this year. But I don't think it's anything particularly surprising.

I also think he plays best interchanging with a flourishing Alli, so I think Alli's injuries/world cup hangover indirectly affected him too

I want him to stay, absolutely. It’s understandable if he wants to test himself at the next level and give himself a massive pay rise even on our new offer to boot. Or genuinely fancy a change of scenery.

There is something in his personality that makes me think that a move to one of the European giants could make him disappear though, whereas if he stayed here we just need to be able to give him a rest every now and again along with some genuine competition for his place for him him to continue to be a key part in our hopefully continued trajectory.

Of course Bale, Modric and Carrick went on to better things, Madrid didn’t ‘get’ Modric for a while though and I’m not sure Eriksen would have the same mental strength considering his recent dip when in a comfortable place. Could he get away with a couple of windy tackles or poor corners as a player with nothing in the bank at a more demanding club, especially with a better quality sub challenging for his place? Berbatov picked up the trophies but never played with the same arrogance or impact as he did here imo. Keane the same, when he was at and post Liverpool bwciaee after getting shifted wide and taken off on 70 he wasn’t the same player.

I seem to remember him suffering a dip with the contract situation last time around and with Alli out and Kane not being as much of a focal point as previous seasons our reliance on the player pulling the strings has also been hampered by the puppets available.

At the moment our first eleven picks itself so no drop in form or fatigue can be replaced with a like for like without weakening the team. That’s the next step and requires investment in the summer.

I don't see it like that. Agree Eriksen is having a poor season but it's been up and down. Some games he's been outstanding and this forum has been fulsome in it's praise, others not so good. But even when he has a poor game how often does he provide the vital assist that makes the difference? However anytime he has a poor game it gets incremented on other poor performances and the good ones get forgotten.

Let's be fair, we're all guilty of it, but some are quicker and harsher to judge than others.

If this poor run of form continues unabated right through to the end of the season and then he decides he's off then I may revise my opinion, but for now I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt because since his arrival he's more than deserved it.

I really don't see him get slated on here until the last 4 or 5 games, in fact I'd say the exact opposite, it's been everyones fault but his.
Can't play with Sissoko, needs dele, fbs are brick, blah blah blah.
There's a good few on here who think he can do wrong.
I generally keep my mouth shut when players don't play well but it's been tinkling me off recently the abuse some have had yet Eriksen gets an easy ride.
In the past I've defended him because he contributes but this season it's been half arsed at best.

This.

I keep reading that he is having a terrible season, yet he has as many assists so far (9) as he has averaged per season since he has been here. There is no doubt that he is not playing as well as he canbut to say/suggest that he has been terrible is a little over the top ( imo).

This.

I keep reading that he is having a terrible season, yet he has as many assists so far (9) as he has averaged per season since he has been here. There is no doubt that he is not playing as well as he canbut to say/suggest that he has been terrible is a little over the top ( imo).

Stats can be misleading on many occasions, it usually depends on what the user wants to suggest.

Back