• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Simply not true, Harry has the occasional crap game, had been off form for long stretches after his injuries, nobody really questions him (should have had a hattrick against Saints), similar with Dele. Difference is their moment of contribution is easy to pick out. And Sonny as great as he has been can have completely anonymous games.

Eriksen has been off form, but he has numerous moments every game, people go after him much more than the others (just look at this thread)

The side is where it is, i.e. still in top 4, and in CL QF's because of Lloris, Jan, Toby, Sanchez, Sissoko, Eriksen-sen-sen, Dele, Kane, Son, have any of them had particularly brilliant seasons? probably not (maybe Jan closest and Sissoko based on expectations). I think people need to realize it's not this group that has been the issue, it's more the supporting cast this year has really not stood up (partially injuries, but mainly just form)

last season dele was getting it for not improving, harry gets stick every time he comes back from injury and doesn't look sharp and son is imo the usual streaky winger.

you're right none have been at heir usual best this season and there is lots of reasons for that, and it is and has been discussed thoroughly. except for eriksen, until this month. and when you do its almost like its blasphemy.
can anyone actually say he isn't in bad form?
whats the problem with saying it?
do we hope he signs a new deal and regains his form? of course we do, it shouldn't mean we ca not point out what is bleeding obvious and not counter points from posters that think they are right and everyone else (including title winning managers who actually know and are managing the player) are idiots.

Did you think of any examples @Legohamster ?

Klopps record in the Window at Liverpool is pretty good, verging on very good.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jurgen-klopp/spielertransfers/trainer/118/plus/0?station_id=120230

Out of that lot the only player that got any serious time and was a complete disaster was Karius - He has worked with a large number of the squad already there and he has a real mixture of CM midfielders to work with, unlike ours who winks aside are all destroyers.

Mourinho has bomb out certain players, correct - however at the same time has worked with players like ibrahimovic and that complete oddball Mario - so has shown more flexibility in the character he has managed - He even got a tune out of Ozil.

As said previously, he has managed not to find a single suitable player in 2 windows - you could argue 3 with the lack of game time Moura has had - that is not a manager that is flexible with players - This is something that has never happened before.

last season dele was getting it for not improving, harry gets stick every time he comes back from injury and doesn't look sharp and son is imo the usual streaky winger.

you're right none have been at heir usual best this season and there is lots of reasons for that, and it is and has been discussed thoroughly. except for eriksen, until this month. and when you do its almost like its blasphemy.
can anyone actually say he isn't in bad form?
whats the problem with saying it?
do we hope he signs a new deal and regains his form? of course we do, it shouldn't mean we ca not point out what is bleeding obvious and not counter points from posters that think they are right and everyone else (including title winning managers who actually know and are managing the player) are idiots.

Thats not what people are saying, they are quite happy to sell him.

Given his agents comments yesterday it looks like he is off, so he wont be an issue next year.

Thats not what people are saying, they are quite happy to sell him.

Given his agents comments yesterday it looks like he is off, so he wont be an issue next year.
i've not seen anyone say sell him, most are saying that if he wants to go then let him go. its a subtle difference. i think we would all agree that an on form eriksen that wants to be here is a major asset and we should do what we can to keep him.

whats his agent say?

i've not seen anyone say sell him, most are saying that if he wants to go then let him go. its a subtle difference. i think we would all agree that an on form eriksen that wants to be here is a major asset and we should do what we can to keep him.

whats his agent say?

"I don't want to add to the speculation around Christian's contract and football future. Christian is only focusing on the football. He has evolved from a world class talent into a world class player."

Agent talk for he is off.

Klopps record in the Window at Liverpool is pretty good, verging on very good.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jurgen-klopp/spielertransfers/trainer/118/plus/0?station_id=120230

Out of that lot the only player that got any serious time and was a complete disaster was Karius - He has worked with a large number of the squad already there and he has a real mixture of CM midfielders to work with, unlike ours who winks aside are all destroyers.

Mourinho has bomb out certain players, correct - however at the same time has worked with players like ibrahimovic and that complete oddball Mario - so has shown more flexibility in the character he has managed - He even got a tune out of Ozil.

As said previously, he has managed not to find a single suitable player in 2 windows - you could argue 3 with the lack of game time Moura has had - that is not a manager that is flexible with players - This is something that has never happened before.

Klopps CM options are all workman like grafters who do the ugly side well and not much else - Hendersen Milner Fabinho Keita AOC.... id say he has a very clear and defined type of player for that area of the pitch and the variance between them is no different to our selection of CMs (probably less from what i have seen) especially when you factor in how much time Eriksen and Alli spend in that area of the pitch - Winks, Dier, Wanyama, Dembele, Sissoko all have different attributes from one another and fit in to our setup in different ways (Dier won't do the job Wanyama did or Dembele and vice versa etc)

I think your issue is obviously us not signing anyone for two windows and seeing that as evidence of Poch being too choosy on which type of players he wants to sign whereas id say it's moreso down to the fact that trying to improve a top 4 squad with a limited budget is a hard task.

Pool have Henderson, Milner, Fabinho and Keita. We have Sissoko and the mighty Winksy, who has done great work after some bad injuries.
It's not a contest really.

Looking at the list of players on the link you've provided actually supports my argument quite well imo - not much (if any) variance in the players signed.

Also shows quite well the difference between Liverpool and Spurs atm with regards to how the managers are being backed in the market - less signings for Klopp at a higher price per player would suggest him getting a higher number of his first choice targets whereas Poch signing more players at a lower cost per player shows what we all should know that we're shopping in the bargain bin and hoping to find gems.

Once in the stadium and on a better financial footing id expect to see Poch getting more of his first choice signings (like Mane and Wijnaldum iirc)

For Denmark he stands out like a beacon. Even an average game from him in that shirt is a bright light given the average nature of his team-mates. And even then, he has off-games for Denmark too.

With us, in order to excel to his full capabilities, he has to really really shine, as there are several worldies in our team. I still believe his confidence or some part of his psych can get rattled by strange things.

Let's see how it all pans out, but in our set-up, I believe that when he is the main man, the pressures and attendant increase in quality can sometimes leave him being too cautious.

Im not talking about his level of performance technically, rather - mentally (?).

As in - he could easily just play tidy and look good in that side, but instead he often really takes charge and leads that team. He takes responsibility, makes things happen, drives them on. And its THAT which Im talking about.

THAT is something he rarely ever does for us, but I believe he has the ability to do so - and to honour his ability and potential to the team, I think he should show it a lot more.

That is fudging ridiculous! What you are saying is that Eriksen is being carried! My word there are some absolutely mind blowing suggestions in here!

Im asking a question, something which is rarely ridiculous.

When we play well Eriksen is playing well, absolutely no doubt about it.

The question is, which informs the other? Is the team on form BECAUSE Eriksen is, or vice-versa?

A second question is - when has the team performed badly but Eriksen well? Or when has Eriksen raised the level of the team performance to match his ability?

Im not talking about his level of performance technically, rather - mentally (?).

As in - he could easily just play tidy and look good in that side, but instead he often really takes charge and leads that team. He takes responsibility, makes things happen, drives them on. And its THAT which Im talking about.

THAT is something he rarely ever does for us, but I believe he has the ability to do so - and to honour his ability and potential to the team, I think he should show it a lot more.

Im asking a question, something which is rarely ridiculous.

When we play well Eriksen is playing well, absolutely no doubt about it.

The question is, which informs the other? Is the team on form BECAUSE Eriksen is, or vice-versa?

A second question is - when has the team performed badly but Eriksen well? Or when has Eriksen raised the level of the team performance to match his ability?
Fair questions to ask. World class players drag their teams to victory when the rest arent performing (whether that be poor form or they just arent as good), they dont only play well when the rest of the team does - they thrive on this and when they really step up. Thats not to be dismissive of Eriksens' abilty/talent, its just what separates him from being a World Class player. Dele and Kane drive us to victory when the team as a collective arent playing well more than Eriksen does for me.....

He has popped up with plenty of match winning moments though in games in which we were playing poorly - last minute winners or assists so he desrves praise for that, however that is a different kettle of fish to driving a team on in the way we are talkimg about.

He has popped up with plenty of match winning moments though in games in which we were playing poorly - last minute winners or assists so he desrves praise for that, however that is a different kettle of fish to driving a team on in the way we are talkimg about.

Would you say that Pogba does? I think he can.
Silva does imo
No one at Pool does?
Hazard? Yep

The 'driving a team on', not sure teams set up like that so much these days.
Eriksen 'makes my pants sticky' is a saying I use though?

Would you say that Pogba does? I think he can.
Silva does imo
No one at Pool does?
Hazard? Yep

The 'driving a team on', not sure teams set up like that so much these days.
Eriksen 'makes my pants sticky' is a saying I use though?

Eriksen is a playmaker, making us tick is what he's on the pitch to do, so as a statement it means very little really.

Personally i don't think he has to drive us forward in the way Kane and Alli do and the likes of VdV Modric and Bale did before him, to be considered an important/great player and it's perfectly fine for a player not to be able to do that but there's a clear difference in mentality between those that can and those which can't afaic

PLENTY of times! So many times that asking that question is ridiculous! There has been so many times that Eriksen has pulled the 42strings, and created chance after chance, but with no one putting them away. You have raised this before, which suggests that you think Eriksen is being carried. And that IS ridiculous.

PLENTY of times! So many times that asking that question is ridiculous! There has been so many times that Eriksen has pulled the 42strings, and created chance after chance, but with no one putting them away. You have raised this before, which suggests that you think Eriksen is being carried. And that IS ridiculous.

I struggle to think of times when Eriksen has notably out performed the team when the team is off colour.

In fact I think it is far more common that he is decidedly quiet when the team is poor.

Tidy, doing a job, but also no where near how he is able to effect and influence the game.

You are of course free to disagree, but the only thing that is ridiculous is your inference of my posts.

A player not playing to their potential is nothing like a player being carried.

Yeah, just like all the people defending Eriksen and Sissoko regardless of form or slating the world cup winning captain and wanting out on an internet forum are geniuses. What pathetic argument.
Is Eriksen’s a great player, yes.
Is he on form, no.
I really can't see why people have a problem with that or it being discussed on here.

He has struggled for months and yet after every game until this week its been ignored. Every other player has his performance picked over, but not him.

Even dele, Harry and son, but not Eriksen.
It's bizarre, almost like he's not there.
It's cheap shot, but here goes, just like in the pitch.
I’m responding t someone quoting the danish national manager called Eriksen lazy. He has a few things he’s not good at - tough tackles, towering headers - but lazy is NOT one of his deficits. Yes, he’s in a bad patch of form and deserves for that to be talked about, but many on here seem to let what’s not right with him over-shadow what he brings to the team. I don’t have the stats but don’t recall him being subbed at all this year, so fatigue might be a factor.

I’m responding t someone quoting the danish national manager called Eriksen lazy. He has a few things he’s not good at - tough tackles, towering headers - but lazy is NOT one of his deficits. Yes, he’s in a bad patch of form and deserves for that to be talked about, but many on here seem to let what’s not right with him over-shadow what he brings to the team. I don’t have the stats but don’t recall him being subbed at all this year, so fatigue might be a factor.

If I recall right he said he doesn't do enough, which as you say maybe isn't the same as being lazy.
It read as an attitude issue to me. But that could be a language mix up.

"I don't want to add to the speculation around Christian's contract and football future. Christian is only focusing on the football. He has evolved from a world class talent into a world class player."

Agent talk for he is off.

World Class player that cant finish a setpiece. Is anyone really going to claim Eriksen is in the top 5 AMs in the world. People fall to the ground with fear at dread of playing him?

Back