• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Totally agree. Look at the beautiful pass for Kane's goal the other day. Dele can do everything Eriksen can, we should be building the team around him imo.

Easy to sound hyperbolic, but I agree completely.

I think Alli has it all, and is much more than a "plays well off of Kane" type player.

I genuinely think he is a complete player and can be the sort of player who, if we build around him, can make this team a great one.

Interesting thought and not one I am opposed to long term but at this point I still think Eriksen, on form, has the edge. As you say it's about opinions.

Eriksen isnt on form, thats kind of the point. Though, honestly, long term Id prefer Alli in that position anyway.

He has more bite, more drive, and a far better mentality. This kid rises to the occasion and is never phased by it, never hides.

...............Kane
...Son..................Moura
...............Alli
........Winks......Dier

Doesnt look bad, does it? You get the best of all things with Alli there.

Easy to sound hyperbolic, but I agree completely.

I think Alli has it all, and is much more than a "plays well off of Kane" type player.

I genuinely think he is a complete player and can be the sort of player who, if we build around him, can make this team a great one.

Eriksen isnt on form, thats kind of the point. Though, honestly, long term Id prefer Alli in that position anyway.

He has more bite, more drive, and a far better meteorology. This kid rises to the occasion and is never phased by it, never hides.

...............Kane
...Son..................Moura
...............Alli
........Winks......Dier

Doesnt look bad, does it? You get the best of all things with Alli there.
Absolutely agree with all of that, and I never thought I'd say this a year or so ago but I think Dele has a higher ceiling than Eriksen - and the main reason for that is his mentality, he looks like he wants it more....

If people are seriously considering Maddison check of Kai Havertz. You get, playing in his first season in the Bundesliga. Dictating playing from deep and the boy can dribble too. His overall range isn’t as good as Eriksen but his all round play is very very good so far from what I’ve seen.
£40M for him would be much better than what we would pay for and get form Maddison IMO

Maddison like Grealish is a good player.
But we on here are at such distance from truly knowing the players' characters and suitability.
Look at say Naymer and Pogba, both great footballers but not sure they will fit in everywhere.

Last edited:
Maddison like Grealish is a good player.
But we on here are at such distance from truly knowing the players characters and suitable.
Look at say Naymer and Pogba, both great footballers but not sure they will fit inevery where.

Maddison has scope IMo to be a brilliant player and some of his game reminds me of Eriksen

But I think Haivertz would be better value and a better player

Also I would like to see Alli back behind Kane - he scored over 20 goals that season! When Eriksen leaves that might be an option Poch pursues. I don’t really know why he changed it? I loved those two as a pair.

Don’t think he tackles at all

But can put in a decent pass

OT - We are very lucky as Harry is an excellent passer also and deserves a mention.

Eriksen needs sorting or selling.
Just think his price will have dropped markedly recently.
I wouldn't pay anywhere near £100m+ which was the price being rumoured, would you if your Zidan?

With the one year left on the contract I think £100m was always unlikely. Hazard has had a similar season to Eriksen, lazy play and fitfully finding form. I don't think his value to other clubs has dropped much (and this isn't his first season in this vein).

I think Eriksen needs to sort the wanderlust thing out and get a new contract signed.
Other fans will not be so forgiving, he should have a chat with Coutinho.

Which managers would these be as an example?

Guadiola needed to spend big on his first choice targets over a couple of summer transfer windows to get City performing close to how they should be

Klopp chose to stick with what he had in several weaker positions until a point his first choce targets were attainable - and even then his record with transfers is patchy

Mourinho bombs out any player that doesn't fit his profile

Etc etc

I think you've built up this idea that Pochettino is unique in that he requires a certain type of player to do well when in reality he actually seems to adapt his plans quite well to suit the players he has available, which are often plsyers that have been signed having been down the peckimg order in terms of being first/second choice and that if you actually looked at other managers, their approach to the market and the success they have with transfers that we/Pochettino are in no way different to anyone else in that regard.

Clubs like Real Barca and PSG, to quote you, have wads of cash and buy their managers first choice targets mostly and even in those instances the managers fail to perform and get replaced regularly - just kind of highlights that what you think happens elsewhere and what is the reality are two different things entirely.

Did you think of any examples @Legohamster ?

What bricks me most about Eriksen is that he puts in short steps when a physical challenge/header is on the cards. Back doing this against Southampton on the weekend.

What bricks me most about Eriksen is that he puts in short steps when a physical challenge/header is on the cards. Back doing this against Southampton on the weekend.

If he's performing at his best or near it I don't have a problem with that.
If he is playing at his current level it's not acceptable. You have to Contribute something, or at least try to.

OT - We are very lucky as Harry is an excellent passer also and deserves a mention.

Eriksen needs sorting or selling.
Just think his price will have dropped markedly recently.
I wouldn't pay anywhere near £100m+ which was the price being rumoured, would you if your Zidan?

Zidane will want Hazard IMO

Madrid need to sell to buy too

Zidane will want Hazard IMO

Madrid need to sell to buy too

Serie A teams will buy their cast offs.
But I think he will keep Modric and Bale for another campaign, add Hazard*, Neymar and 'a Lukaku type' aka big fekker up front. Kane hopefully too expensive.

*if Hazard comes Bale will be off? Swap?

The single biggest issue with him is confidence IMO. When he is “on” that first 5 yards of positive space gets moved into, attacked, and immediately we are surging. When he is off, he quickly looks to play a Butch Wilkins safety ball.

He has undoubtably suffered for not having Dele around for a while, and first-half at Soton we saw him grow into remembering Dele was back. As Dele faded (first match back, etc) Eriksen fell back into caution. I

I am not sure why this is happening again TBH. If Poch can solve it, then he remains a vital, vital part of what we do. If Poch cannot, or does not wish to, then it is time to move on. I have no clue what will happen.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I think if Eriksens form/performance really is tied to having Alli around then that is really quite damning of him.

It might not be BUT very tough to draw many other conclusions given the overall trajectory of performances since they arrived. Thing is, Eriksen plays we for Denmark, so he has it in his locker obviously...here’s hoping I am wrong!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Back