• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

It’s not Symantics

The players you compared him too were wrong IMO

He plays more in the role of Barkley or Pogba IMO and is better than them

Lots are playing 4-3-3 now and he sits on the middle three IMO about the top 3

Really, I don't see any similarities at all tbh.
Pogba is more dynamic, Eriksen more cerebral.

I love Dele. Got slated a couple of years ago for calling him "world class" but I believe he is a once in a generation talent, and is unique in world football. Irreplaceable.

I think the confident, fit and vibrant Eriksen is an incredible talent too. I think that Eriksen thrives in a unique way, and again is irreplaceable.

I do not think we could play through Dele the same way we do Eriksen, different skill-sets and to try and do so puts a limiter on Dele; he can do it, absolutely he can, but we lose 20% of his unique abilities IMO.

The thing we need to find out is if Eriksen is up for the fight week after week. I don't know what is going on with him, and have to trust Poch who works with him daily. He will know. For me, the positive Eriksen is always going to be tremendous when in the same team is Dele, the latter helping him enjoy being who he can be.

The key thing is that if Poch decides we need to make a change here, as significant as that would be (and personally I hope we don't have to) I believe that whoever comes in will benefit from having Dele around them.His intelligence and skill opens up the pitch for like-minded players. Christian is one. I wonder if there will be another soon?

Dynamic???
The guyvlow shot and cold and barely runs most of the time
The similarity is they play central and are creators

I didn't want to put physical as although I'm not a huge fan of pogba I felt that was a biy crude for what he does. But he wins the ball and moves with it. Eriksen works the ball and the space.
So I'll try again, pogba is a meat cleaver, Eriksen a surgeons knife.
For all that pogba does some of the things that Eriksen can't or won't do I wouldn't swop them.

He seems to be overated by some, but like i say i have not seen that much of him.
I think he has direct and skillful running, a good long shot and good eye for a through ball. Raw, but seems to have drive to improve.

By no means the finished article, nor is Brooks - which is why i'd want both.
I think both of them would improve playing with Kane, Alli and Son.

I think he has direct and skillful running, a good long shot and good eye for a through ball. Raw, but seems to have drive to improve.

By no means the finished article, nor is Brooks - which is why i'd want both.
I think both of them would improve playing with Kane, Alli and Son.

You could be right, i must admit i like the look of Brooks.

If people are seriously considering Maddison check of Kai Havertz. You get, playing in his first season in the Bundesliga. Dictating playing from deep and the boy can dribble too. His overall range isn’t as good as Eriksen but his all round play is very very good so far from what I’ve seen.
£40M for him would be much better than what we would pay for and get form Maddison IMO

Back