• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Yeah, I don't think Eriksen should be starting at the moment, his vibe isn't adding much impetus. Alli is a creative player who finds great final third passes and makes space through his movement. With Winks behind him, I think we should be okay without Eriksen.

Not at all

But we do have to consider if he won’t sign a contract what’s he worth to the club

That's not how I read a lot of posts in this thread the past few weeks. There are posters basically writing him off because of his recent poor performances, with no context of his contract situation and the fact that he has shown regularly over six seasons what he is capable of.

I just find it sad to read. When did we become too good for players of Eriksen's calibre? When did a poor run of form entitle us to wanting to get rid of a good and consistent performer? If this is what happens to fans after a few years of relative success, I dread to thi l what will happen to us if we someday win the PL.

That's not how I read a lot of posts in this thread the past few weeks. There are posters basically writing him off because of his recent poor performances, with no context of his contract situation and the fact that he has shown regularly over six seasons what he is capable of.

I just find it sad to read. When did we become too good for players of Eriksen's calibre? When did a poor run of form entitle us to wanting to get rid of a good and consistent performer? If this is what happens to fans after a few years of relative success, I dread to thi l what will happen to us if we someday win the PL.

I don'think that's what people are saying at all.

They're saying that with his ability he should be running games which I think it's fair, that even an off form player can contribute other things to the team, which he isn't at the moment. Also for him to be given x amount of time to rediscover his form at this crucial point of season might not be in the best interests of team. If your creative player isn't creating what is wrong with benching them for a game or subbing them off. I don't want him to leave at all but if he didn't start a game it wouldn't be the end of the world they're not close to being the same thing. If he's contract situation is affecting his form, again should he be playing? Competition for places is never bad thing.

I'm one of those that had been slating him for his form recently, and rightly so imo. After all its good enough for just about any other player, why should Eriksen be immune?
We all now what he is capable of, but he's not doing it now for whatever reason and we aren't in a position to carry him. Past form is irrelevant, there is no sign of that retuning this season. I hoe I'm wrong, but I don't think so.
At this time of year every point is a fight, well he's not up for that fight and should be dropped.
If he isn't planning on being here Iong term then sell him now while it benefits the club.
This isn't all his fault, I'm sure there are reasons beyond his control for some of his drop off and poch has his share for playing him regardless of poor form. But at the end of the day his form isn't good enough just now, what he did months ago is irrelevant.

To me he is truly world class most of the time and would walk into 99% of the sides in the world

Lately he has been poor by his own standards and I believe eh would admit that too

The bigger issue now is his contract to me...

To me he is truly world class most of the time and would walk into 99% of the sides in the world

Lately he has been poor by his own standards and I believe eh would admit that too

The bigger issue now is his contract to me...

I don't see him as world class, he's the next level down.
Some said yesterday he was one of the top 5 AMs in the world.
So who out of
Messi
Ronaldo
Kdb
Silva
Hazard
Would you leave out to fit him in? He's not even as good never mind better than any of those imo.

So who out of
Messi
Ronaldo
Kdb
Silva
Hazard
Would you leave out to fit him in? He's not even as good never mind better than any of those imo.

I said ‘available’ top five. And a lot of your list have had their day anyway.

So who out of
Messi
Ronaldo
Kdb
Silva
Hazard

None of them play the same role as him. He is an attacking CM although plays a similar role to

Their all wing forwards other than possibly Silva, although he does play there for his country id agree

What is shocking for me is his set piece delivery. For such a highly rated player - he is not good in such. He has good vision during play but setpieces. HORRIBLE recently (last 3-4 years).

Wish i could give this more then one like.

What is shocking for me is his set piece delivery. For such a highly rated player - he is not good in such. He has good vision during play but setpieces. HORRIBLE recently (last 3-4 years).

Perhaps he's got the football version of the yips....last time he scored a free kick ....Oct 2015...down here in Swansea(i was there!!)

I apologise for misquoting you. Wasn't intentional.

Although I could say he's under contract to us so isn't available, technically.
None of them play the same role as him. He is an attacking CM although plays a similar role to

Their all wing forwards other than possibly Silva, although he does play there for his country id agree

Semantics, you'd be hard picked to find two AMs that play the same way.
If anything I think this adherence to playing the same way in an attacking sense is hampering us. It's as if we can only play one way and he's the only one that can do it.
That of course is not his doing, that lays at pochs door.

There's a reason why the classic #10 doesn't exist anymore and why players like Ozil for example can't get into his team even though he's the most talented player Arsenal have. The days of having a player that is solely on the pitch for their creative attributes has long gone.

Modern midfielders can do a bit of everything. If you watch Kevin De Bruyne, the player he's probably closest to, he gets stuck in with the best of them, as does Modric. In that sense Eriksen probably is too good for us, like Pogba for Utd when they tried to play him centre midfield. He'll absolutely thrive in a team where he isn't needed for that side of the game but we're not good enough to have a player playing badly in the offensive and defensive phases of the game at the same time. Those sort of players are firmly positioned higher up the pitch in the modern game. We're seeing the drawback of having a team based on one player. In the summer when Maddison was linked people on here justified not signing him by saying he'd never get in the team ahead of Eriksen, but that was never the point, it's another option, an option off the bench to change a game or if form dips or injury.

Semantics, you'd be hard picked to find two AMs that play the same way.
If anything I think this adherence to playing the same way in an attacking sense is hampering us. It's as if we can only play one way and he's the only one that can do it.
That of course is not his doing, that lays at pochs door.

It’s not Symantics

The players you compared him too were wrong IMO

He plays more in the role of Barkley or Pogba IMO and is better than them

Lots are playing 4-3-3 now and he sits on the middle three IMO about the top 3

If we sold and spent the money on Maddison and Brooks (80m for Eriksen, 40m each on the other two for example)....what are people's thoughts?

I think it makes us a stronger squad.

Back