• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Not his best game by far. Had two cleared off the line, but out of sync. He'll be back to his best soon.

This, he is not at his best but he could have had two goals. He is still the one player we have no like for like for in the squad and when he is at his best so are we.

This, he is not at his best but he could have had two goals. He is still the one player we have no like for like for in the squad and when he is at his best so are we.
While we all know this is a forum for opinions, sometimes those opinions would be less incendiary if more complete. Like your post. He made a load of shltty passes, but had two goal line clearances made and is always a player the opponent team has to pay attention to. Plus he busts several lungs each game.

More and more articles about the club not being able to agree a new deal with Eriksen. Assuming that doesn't happen, we'll obviously want to cash out this summer. I wouldn't blame Eriksen for leaving. He's given so so much to our club, and it makes sense that he'd want to take a shot at being a key player for a European Super Club like RM, PSG, Bayern, or Juve.

The big question for Spurs is, how do we use the money we get from Christian, Mousa and Toby's sale (say, around 150 mil) to replace their production and freshen up the squad kinda like Liverpool did with Coutinho. I don't think the answer is buying 7, but I'd love to see us bet big on a few rising English talents like Brooks (40), Maddison (30-40), and/or Chilwell (30), who would both seemingly love to play for Spurs and fit in with our ethos, as well as a continental, big-ticket central midfielder. Then, I'd promote Foyth and buy another cheap, promising CB to replace his role.

So much of the success of our club going into Poch 2.0 will be based on how we replace these three core players, who are Club legends (maybe not Toby as much) in my opinion, and it'll be fascinating to see what Poch, Levy, and co do this summer.

Obviously, there's still plenty to play for this season, but it does feel like next summer will be absolutely critical for our club.

I could forsee a change in shape. You dont just replace Eriksen, chances are you reshape the side to a degree instead.

Alli would likely become more central/prominent IMO.

Id say Foyth is on course to replace Alderweireld.

Been a while since Dembele was core to anything, but we do certainly need midfield reinforcements.

Im actually pretty positive about changes these days, we have a great foundation to the team - if we can get in some quality Im confident Poch will make it work.

Love the look of Brooks, not sure we'd pay the money or see him as value though.
Still keen on the like of Rabiot and NDombele.
Would like an upgrade on both fullbacks.

Plenty of opportunity to improve.

eriksen deserves a title/tophy winning side. i hope he helps us get maximum value for his replacement. afterall he did benefit a lot from his stint here. win-win !

If we were to sell Eriksen, I think we'd only spend half the money on a replacement. I think we'll be pretty cagey with transfer fees for a couple of years yet, though I reckon our wage bill will go up.

More and more articles about the club not being able to agree a new deal with Eriksen. Assuming that doesn't happen, we'll obviously want to cash out this summer. I wouldn't blame Eriksen for leaving. He's given so so much to our club, and it makes sense that he'd want to take a shot at being a key player for a European Super Club like RM, PSG, Bayern, or Juve.

The big question for Spurs is, how do we use the money we get from Christian, Mousa and Toby's sale (say, around 150 mil) to replace their production and freshen up the squad kinda like Liverpool did with Coutinho. I don't think the answer is buying 7, but I'd love to see us bet big on a few rising English talents like Brooks (40), Maddison (30-40), and/or Chilwell (30), who would both seemingly love to play for Spurs and fit in with our ethos, as well as a continental, big-ticket central midfielder. Then, I'd promote Foyth and buy another cheap, promising CB to replace his role.

So much of the success of our club going into Poch 2.0 will be based on how we replace these three core players, who are Club legends (maybe not Toby as much) in my opinion, and it'll be fascinating to see what Poch, Levy, and co do this summer.

Obviously, there's still plenty to play for this season, but it does feel like next summer will be absolutely critical for our club.

Bayern don't really shop in that market (their record signing is only £40m). Juve and PSV are retirement homes in uncompetitive leagues. Barca did their business in this area in January.

I still think it's just Real if they don't get Hazard, or he signs a new contract

Coutinho for Eriksen would be alright. Can't see it happening but would prefer him to Isco. I think England suits his style of play much better than Spain, he is a swashbuckling type of player.

Bayern don't really shop in that market (their record signing is only £40m). Juve and PSV are retirement homes in uncompetitive leagues. Barca did their business in this area in January.

I still think it's just Real if they don't get Hazard, or he signs a new contract

Agreed on Bayern, but I think Juve and PSG are power players who would likely be interested in Eriksen. I obviously hope we keep him, but we also can't risk letting him walk for free.

Back