1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

Christian Eriksen

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by spurspinter1, 30 Aug 2013.

1. billyiddo

billyiddo Barry Daines Staff Member

Keep in mind that our central midfield options have been limited to our 4th and 5th choice players for the most part this season, yet despite that we havent missed a beat. Alli dropping deep and pitching in with the ugly side is no doubt as huge reason for that and I've personally been really impressed with his performances in this new role with the added responsibilities and think he is showing a fantastic level of maturity/leadership for someone so young - he's up there with my players of the season so far.

2. Rorschach

Rorschach Gary Stevens

I think you can level this same critism against Eriksen. Some games he is totallly perhiperal and is almost content to blend into the current pattern of play on the pitch. This for me is the next and maybe final stage of his development. Using his ability to shift the entire momentum of a match in Spurs favour when things are going against us. He still is arguably our best player mind but I'd love to see him make this last step.

Alli is a little differnt in that he's either on it, and evething he tries comes off, or it doesn't. He's never annoymous or plays it safe IMO.

3. Benny_Lad

Benny_Lad Terry Yorath

I 'd say he does this a fair bit. Just because he cant do it every time things are going against us doesn't mean he doesn't do it at all. I think we've seen it this season in fact.

4. parklane1

parklane1 Dimitar Berbatov

There is no doubt that both Eriksen and Alli are both great players but ( imo) its hard to compere them as the are different players and offer us different things. I just feel that IF we were to lose either one of them Eriksen would be the hardest one to replace. But i can understand why others may not see it that way.

harr1984 likes this.
  5. Rorschach

Rorschach Gary Stevens

Maybe. I can't recall too many instances like that but if does happen I don't think we see it half enough. My own perception is that when the team is playing well then Eriksen comes into his own, but if we're not on it he's not the guy to turn it around for us. Could he be that guy? Yes he could, and this is why I have noticed its absence really. In some matches I'm waiting, imploring him to take hold of the match and push us forward but I'm mostly left wanting.

This sounds like I am an Eriksen critic but quite the opposite. He's my favourite current player and I honestly think there is a lot more to come from him. He has not peaked.

Last edited: 12 Jan 2019 at 11:40 AM
  6. SpurMeUp

SpurMeUp Pedro Mendes

Eriksen - like Poch's dog, needs space!

7. SpurMeUp

SpurMeUp Pedro Mendes

"Maybe sign next week or in six months. He's a very special person. You need to give freedom, like on the pitch, can't put him in the box. Like my dog, when you go in the park, you have to give freedom and trust."

8. harr1984

harr1984 Terry Venables

The noises Ive been hearing of late, Im much more positive about the prospect of him signing a new deal than I was a few months ago....

Gazza Dazzla likes this.
  9. Mosquito_Coasting

Mosquito_Coasting Clive Wilson

If Eriksen signs a deal we know Poch's staying.

10. Danishfurniturelover

Danishfurniturelover Rafael Van Der Vaart

I will worry if I see pictures of Poch rubbing Eriksen belly on the training ground. Will be really worried if he picks up his poop.

SpurMeUp likes this.
  11. Gazza

Gazza Jonathan Woodgate

We got west ham fans for that sort of thing

MKSpur, scaramanga and Jon like this.
  12. thfcsteff

thfcsteff Andy Thompson Staff Member

You only really appreciate him when watching at the game. His awareness and footballing intelligence is outstanding.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

13. parklane1

parklane1 Dimitar Berbatov

Agree with you over this, you only see how great both Alli and Eriksen are when you see their movement off the ball.

thfcsteff, Robbo and harr1984 like this.
  14. Benny_Lad

Benny_Lad Terry Yorath

Again our opinions differ. I think lots of the times we have played well was because he has played well and ran the game. He just isn’t going to do it all the time. There's pretty much only one player in world football that does it nearly all the time.

Football teams lose, players have off days. He has less than most.

15. Danishfurniturelover

Danishfurniturelover Rafael Van Der Vaart

I am split between two thoughts with him if he does want to leave, which is quite believable.

We should sell as soon as possible to be able to recoup as much as possible, I assume because of FFP that Madrid would be able to pay more in January then they would in the summer when they will have to buy even more players to rebuild their squad.

The other thought is he is so important we keep him till the end of the season when he will have hopefully have helped us get champs league and stopping Arsenal for a third season.