• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Danish media asked Eriksen about his contract situation today, when he joined up with the danish national team.

Not much new though; he says that he has been in negotiations with Spurs several times, but he does not know, if a new contract is close. He is leaving the negotiations to his agent.

Reading between the lines in the interview, it seems like the ball is very much in Levys court. Eriksen has a figure in his mind that he wont budge from. A figure that has earlier been reported as being very close to what Kane is earning.

So the big question is now: Will Levy pay up?

Danish media asked Eriksen about his contract situation today, when he joined up with the danish national team.

Not much new though; he says that he has been in negotiations with Spurs several times, but he does not know, if a new contract is close. He is leaving the negotiations to his agent.

Reading between the lines in the interview, it seems like the ball is very much in Levys court. Eriksen has a figure in his mind that he wont budge from. A figure that has earlier been reported as being very close to what Kane is earning.

Levy has paid up to keep players with longevity like kane, dele and Hugo

Don’t see Christian being any different as he is a top top player

He'd be stupid not to.

If we got Kane done and we got Dele done, I think we'll get Eriksen done. His agent seemed to drive a hard bargain last time and ultimately relented. I think the sticking point may be trying to agree a min.fee for Barcelona - I can't imagine we are struggling on the wages anymore.

Give him a fair offer, personally I don't think he should be on the same as Hugo, the captain, or Harry, the probable future captain, but just under them.
End of the day no one is bigger than the club, and if he's not happy, not saying is, then sell him. And I'd say the same for any of the players.

Give him a fair offer, personally I don't think he should be on the same as Hugo, the captain, or Harry, the probable future captain, but just under them.
End of the day no one is bigger than the club, and if he's not happy, not saying is, then sell him. And I'd say the same for any of the players.

I think he deserves just under Kane - somewhere in between Dele and Kane. If Kane is on 200k, Eriksen deserves 170/180k. I think Levy will pay it and Eriksen would accept it, but I reckon the sticking point is Eriksen's camp working out whether Barca will make a move for him this coming summer, and if they do, is it worth them signing a new contract now with a release clause, risking keeping him on lower wages and Barca move for someone else, or signing a contract with Spurs later once more of Barca's plans become clear.

There really aren't too many clubs he would need to move to in order to better himself and get paid, so it's just about figuring out whether Barca have a first 11 spot, and whether they'd value Eriksen enough to make Levy sell him, with or without the new contract.

Those are the variables, but I think we can be ok on the wages front. Eriksen may want to guard against the Toby situation of still being on 50k because he tried to make moves to get more, and may reason it's best to take the good money on offer at a good club, rather than risk getting slightly more money at a bigger one and then having the move not materialize. Time forces people into action so I'm sure we'll see developments at some point. If we do sell him we'll be well compensated and will replace him well. He's already not started our most recent run of League games so we're showing we will be ok without him.

I think he deserves just under Kane - somewhere in between Dele and Kane. If Kane is on 200k, Eriksen deserves 170/180k. I think Levy will pay it and Eriksen would accept it, but I reckon the sticking point is Eriksen's camp working out whether Barca will make a move for him this coming summer, and if they do, is it worth them signing a new contract now with a release clause, risking keeping him on lower wages and Barca move for someone else, or signing a contract with Spurs later once more of Barca's plans become clear.

There really aren't too many clubs he would need to move to in order to better himself and get paid, so it's just about figuring out whether Barca have a first 11 spot, and whether they'd value Eriksen enough to make Levy sell him, with or without the new contract.

Those are the variables, but I think we can be ok on the wages front. Eriksen may want to guard against the Toby situation of still being on 50k because he tried to make moves to get more, and may reason it's best to take the good money on offer at a good club, rather than risk getting slightly more money at a bigger one and then having the move not materialize. Time forces people into action so I'm sure we'll see developments at some point. If we do sell him we'll be well compensated and will replace him well. He's already not started our most recent run of League games so we're showing we will be ok without him.

For me its about tiers, a hierarchy if you want.

Hugo and Harry at the top

Jan and eriksen next. Toby would be there if he'd been sensible.

Just under them due their age dele and dier.

After that its probably son, Maura, lamela with the rest just under them.

Not convinced anyone is going to spend a lot of money eriksen, not the kind we'd be looking for anyway. Has the talent, not sure about profile or tbh mentality.

I think Levy would pay Eriksen Kanes wage, it's probably more a case of if he's asking for more.

I doubt he's asking for more, and also doubt that Levy would pay him the same as Kane. Kane is much bigger for us commercially given he's English, home-grown and in the limelight more given he's a CF - I could see Levy offering say £150k - £170k, but not £200k. I would put him on a par with Kane, but dont reckon Levy would

Not convinced anyone is going to spend a lot of money eriksen, not the kind we'd be looking for anyway. Has the talent, not sure about profile or tbh meteorology.

I agree with tiers although I'd have Harry in a class of his own and would have Eriksen second. Lloris and Jan paid around the same level as Dele, but as defenders they'd earn a bit less than attackers, but earn more because they're older...

If we got Kane done and we got Dele done, I think we'll get Eriksen done. His agent seemed to drive a hard bargain last time and ultimately relented. I think the sticking point may be trying to agree a min.fee for Barcelona - I can't imagine we are struggling on the wages anymore.

I believe that is a good guess. It is the only other place he wants to be. He is happy with us but the would shift the goalposts. FWIW I don't think he will end up there...

When it was Barca and a younger core filled with exceptional players like Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, et al, guided by Pep, who could say no to that?

Now, it's a bunch of fairly talented players with an aging core guided by nothing more than a decent manager.

That? Or a great adventure in an amazing new stadium with well-established team mates and friends playing for one of the game's bright, emerging managers?

Not convinced anyone is going to spend a lot of money eriksen, not the kind we'd be looking for anyway. Has the talent, not sure about profile or tbh meteorology.
Agree with most of that, but I’ve seen nothing to suggest Lloris should be on higher wages than Eriksen. He is arguably our most important player, we don’t have anyone who could replace him....

When it was Barca and a younger core filled with exceptional players like Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, et al, guided by Pep, who could say no to that?

Now, it's a bunch of fairly talented players with an aging core guided by nothing more than a decent manager.

That? Or a great adventure in an amazing new stadium with well-established team mates and friends playing for one of the game's bright, emerging managers?
Mate seriously, it’s Barcelona....take those spectacles off for a minute. That ‘bunch of fairly talented players with an aging core’ still managed to outplay us, Eriksen is entering the prime days of his career and has won nothing with us, and The Nou Camp is a special stadium to play at. He’s content here, but don’t delude yourself into thinking our new stadium makes us a more attractive club than Barca....

Back