• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

A bumper pay day will make that retirement a bit nicer.

If that's his motivation, he'll go and join Witsel and co in China

But for someone approaching his peak, he doesn't want to go and play in the SPL with better wine

Lloris has always ruled out playing in the French league again until his final year or two for just that reason.

I'm sure he wants to win something. That should be his primary motivation at the age he is now rather than just money.

Hopefully he'll give us another year or two before he joins Barca.

Last edited:
I am bit worried about this guys early season form. He has looked a bit off to me. Slow to the pass, bad shots. and a general sideways look about him. Im not playing into the rumours just saying he is not looking on it for the start of a season.

Id be dissappinted if we weren't able to offer a key player like Eriksen a comparable wage to Kane - if we can't pay him at that level then what does that mean for our wage budget moving forward?

He’s a >£100m player, the sort of which we would have absolutely no chance of signing in their prime so need to retain them. If we’re not spending money on transfer fees then we have to retain our top players. He’s certainly should be on as much as Lloris and close to Kane

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Players will take less to stay in London and play with a good club full of quality players.

Levy knows and utilizes this to his full advantage.

Players will take less to stay in London and play with a good club full of quality players.

Levy knows and utilizes this to his full advantage.
I doubt it’ll be doncaster or skeggy who would be coming in for him.

I’m sure he could dig deep and struggle by in Alderley Edge, Paris or Barcelona. And also find a way to integrate with the fair-to-middling squads (teaming full of world class galaticos) which the local scratch teams have there! ;)

Reactions: DTA

Incredibly concerning if true.

If we do end up losing him because we wouldn't give him another 50k or thereabouts, then this reinforces my recent belief that maybe (and I stress maybe) this is another demonstration based on levys recent behaviour, that he needs to take a back seat from here on in.

He's done wonderfully but we are seeing signs that he's not adapting to the times.

Maybe non exec chairman and someone comes in to fulfill the role of working with Poch on funds for players?

Incredibly concerning if true.

If we do end up losing him because we wouldn't give him another 50k or thereabouts, then this reinforces my recent belief that maybe (and I stress maybe) this is another demonstration based on levys recent behaviour, that he needs to take a back seat from here on in.

He's done wonderfully but we are seeing signs that he's not adapting to the times.

Maybe non exec chairman and someone comes in to fulfill the role of working with Poch on funds for players?
Definitely concerning, but I don't see why it should be seen as a sign that Levy is doing anything wrong. With our place in the footballing hierarchy outstanding players like Alderweireld and Eriksen will sometimes prefer a move to a bigger club. That is happening at a much lower frequency than it could be happening.

Levy only looks like he's not doing a great job if compared to unrealistic standards.

Graham Roberts on twitter said the story is total gonads and the usual story placed in the media before a big game for us

It can’t be total gonad*s. If there wasn’t an element of truth in the story, he would have signed a new contract by now. Makes it easy to write, of course.

Graham Roberts on twitter said the story is total gonads and the usual story placed in the media before a big game for us

Graham Roberts is a fan and I love him for it but it means that like most of us he goes into super defensive mode when anything bad is said about the club, a player etc. He does seem to spend a lot of his time on twitter arguing with people.
Having said that, the timing is suspect.

Graham Roberts is a fan and I love him for it but it means that like most of us he goes into super defensive mode when anything bad is said about the club, a player etc. He does seem to spend a lot of his time on twitter arguing with people.
Having said that, the timing is suspect.
I bet if you looked back, every time we play United there is a negative story about us in the press just before the game

It can’t be total gonads. If there wasn’t an element of truth in the story, he would have signed a new contract by now. Makes it easy to write, of course.

Agreed. Problem with protracted negotiations is that, after a while, it’s only human nature for the player to think that agreement will never be reached and as a result his head will get turned, particularly when its clubs like Real Madrid and Barcelona being linked with you. So suddenly a negotiating tactic destabilises someone who, as well as being a top top player, was stable, with a great attitude, never stepped out of line etc

I do wonder what we’re doing with some contracts - Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Dembele, Eriksen. We could be setting ourselves up for an almighty rebuilding process next summer

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Back