• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Don’t know why all these articles say that he’s be available for £100m. No he wouldn’t. Even IF he is sold, the price would be a lot higher! More like the price Coutinho was sold for, as Eriksen is a better player. Plus the buying club would have to agree a deal with Levy.

I hope that Eriksen stays with us for many more seasons to come. He’s a key player for us and one of our best performers last season, just pipped by Vertonghen to the award of Adult members player of the season. And he won Junior members player of the season.

That really depends on the bonuses.

Did you see the breakdowns of Sanches and Aubameyangs contracts? Something like 50k bonus just for starting a game. With potentially 3 games a week that adds up fast....

VVD gets 20k per goal and 20k per assist. Imagine Eriksens £££ with the numbers he puts up there...

How do you know all this? Where are these contracts published?

How do you know all this? Where are these contracts published?
Daily Mail Spread

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/...rgil-van-dijks-contract-details-leaked.30067/

2r3kos3.jpg

Up to you how much credit you give it

And there's VvD's salary of £125k/wk.
It’s absolutely mental money for VVD, then you factor in the bonuses there as well, it’s just so OTT for him.

The figure of £180k per week is if you add on the £11m in signing on and loyalty bonuses over the length of his contract. So the £180k p/w quoted for him is in fact correct.

Last edited:
It is mental money. Especially when I would consider him "good" and that is "great" money.

Liverpool have been falling into the Arsenal trap of offering silly money to compensate for the lack of success they can offer.

While I fully expect us to pay our players more and more over the next few years, I dont ever see us having to offer the moon to someone like VVD just to get a defender. We simply dont work that way and I am proud of that.

I don’t understand loyalty bonuses. Players get paid that for being under contract? I thought that was why they get paid.

Loyalty bonus is if they stay beyond a certain period in their contract (dingdongs like Neymar have it for staying 6 months)

Contracts don't stop a player from leaving, they just protect the value the club can recoup.

Loyalty bonus is if they stay beyond a certain period in their contract (dingdongs like Neymar have it for staying 6 months)

Contracts don't stop a player from leaving, they just protect the value the club can recoup.

But as you said, 6 months?! Surely paying someone large sums when they sign, and then every week, and then just for staying around?! The money in football is a joke. Player power is definitely the boss. That players get paid per appearance is also funny. Why else are they being paid their standard salary if it isn’t to play football?!!

But as you said, 6 months?! Surely paying someone large sums when they sign, and then every week, and then just for staying around?! The money in football is a joke. Player power is definitely the boss. That players get paid per appearance is also funny. Why else are they being paid their standard salary if it isn’t to play football?!!

It's like us mortals being paid a little extra to actually turn up for work, then even more for actually doing a good job (win bonus).

It's like us mortals being paid a little extra to actually turn up for work, then even more for actually doing a good job (win bonus).

And being paid another lump sum which is larger than our salary when we are still there at the end of each week. It’s laughable how much clubs get whipped by players.

I guess it protects a club for when a player gets a long term injury or players like Sturridge or Saha who claim they never feel right even when doctors can't find anything wrong with them.

Mate, thing is same stupid fans will say .. pay whatever for Toby/player X

Football is absolutely mad, look at Barca (just as example)

- You would think they are one of the world's biggest clubs and could afford to buy whoever, right?
- They spend over 73% of their turnover on wages
- And supposedly over 40% of that is on 1 player alone, Messi is on 500K/week until 2021

Well Messi is worth it right? I'm not sure, in the last 7 years Barca has won the CL once, so they are paying Messi 500K/week & Suarez 300K/week to win La Liga?

Back