• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Who's better, Eriksen or Bale? Anyway, looks like we didn't waste the Bale money after all.

It's hard to beat Bale's final season for us in terms of individual brilliance, but Eriksen has been so much more important for the team for much longer. I think Eriksen's contribution to the way we play also makes other players perform better. Much more so than Bale.

So while I have really fond memories of Bale and the many moments of brilliance he gave us, I think Eriksen has been better for the team as a whole. Of course he's also got superior teammates to Bale, but even considering that, I rate Eriksen higher.

Eriksen-sen-sen for us is better than Modric was for us IMO... just put that out there

Its a very close one. I have them both as the tempo masters, pull the strings to make it work for us, Modric for me was a huge loss.

Bale was better in other things but not in others, for me Bales threat was pace and goals and luckily thats been replaced well the goals were anyway

Its a very close one. I have them both as the tempo masters, pull the strings to make it work for us, Modric for me was a huge loss.

Bale was better in other things but not in others, for me Bales threat was pace and goals and luckily thats been replaced well the goals were anyway

Modric played centre mid in a 4-4-2 so had a similar role to eriksen in a different structure where others scored the goals

Just for me erisken is more creative and instigates attacks like Modric but also makes the final pass or scores

Modric for me - best player in his position in the world for a good few years

I'm going to plead the 5th on this.
My two favourite players of the past 10 years.

Modric, when he arrived I wondered what we bought......:oops:
Watched him last night and is still the consummate midfielder/linkman.
Eriksen :rolleyes: class

I'm going to plead the 5th on this.
My two favourite players of the past 10 years.

Modric, when he arrived I wondered what we bought......:oops:
Watched him last night and is still the consummate midfielder/linkman.
Eriksen :rolleyes: class
Nah, Winksy basically owned him a while back ;-)

Absolute Rolls Royce of a player! I dont think he was appreciated quite as much as Bale, because he wasnt as explosive and what he did wasnt always as noticeable in terms of what he did....

Brilliant player ( as you say a Rolls Royce ), he reminded me a lot of Ossie.

Just imagine this...

.......................Lloris.......................
Trippier.....Toby..............Jan.........Rose (fit and flying)
.............Wanyama......Modric.............
Bale.................Eriksen................Alli
....................Kane.........................

We really need Erik to turn up today. Cannot see us winning if he has a poor game.

Well he did turn up but he was about the only one who did. Its a worrying thought that sooner or later some rich club is going to move in for him and we will suffer big time. A player like him deserves to win things and unless we start to achieve that winning mentality ( which we DO NOT have despite what many keep saying) then i can see him wanting to go elsewhere to WIN things.

Back