• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

anyone think Modric gave him the run around in the first half?
Yes, first half it was a bit like watching boy against man. Modric seems to have gone up yet another level since he left, so much so it's laughable Wenger once claimed he was too slight for the PL.

Was such a joy to watch, especially when spraying the ball with the outside of his boot. Truth is he's on another planet, plain and simple.

I trust Eriksen will learn from this game and be back to his good old self in the return match. If we play like we did yesterday AND have him on form, 3 points aren't that much of a pipe dream.

Thought Eriksen was fine yesterday.
Luka was his normal imperious self and other than not passing to Harry and shooting Eriksen did fine!
His overall performance was solid - what stood out were the few moments where his touch was a tad heavy and where his final pass wasn't up to his usual high standards. But as we all know, he's still a young 'un and makes contributions in his closing down and space making abilities for other players.

Thought Eriksen was fine yesterday.
Luka was his normal imperious self and other than not passing to Harry and shooting Eriksen did fine!
I didn't think that there was a channel for Eriksen to pass to Harry? There were two Real Madrid players inside of him who surely would've blocked any attempted pass? I thought a powerful near post shot was probably the most likely way that we would've scored from that situation. I think that Eriksen's shot would've beaten many keepers, just not one as good as Real Madrid's.

I didn't think that there was a channel for Eriksen to pass to Harry? There were two Real Madrid players inside of him who surely would've blocked any attempted pass? I thought a powerful near post shot was probably the most likely way that we would've scored from that situation. I think that Eriksen's shot would've beaten many keepers, just not one as good as Real Madrid's.

I think he may mean the earlier one where he dilly dalleyed and Just kicked it at their defence. It was in the first half towards the end of the half

Some decent deliveries, and them some that didn't beat the first man. Not expecting perfection every game, and of course against top-tier competition, he'll have more of a challenge to express himself, but I just felt like he could've done better in the "vertical penetration" area. Other than that, agree with anyone else here that said he worked his ass off (as he always tends to). Not worried about him at all, but I'm hoping he at least learned a valuable lesson or two from playing against RM.

This performance is why KDB is kn another level. Eriksen has bottled it tonight and he is my favourite Spurs player.

Sorry mate but that is rubbish, bottled it? my GHod talk about over reacting.

FFS, not this brick again. Doesn't score, doesn't assist = brick game. It's Real away, not fudging Watford.

Daft is it not.

Was one part of a team that did its job.
Positioning can be just as important to a team as what you do with the ball.
I thought he was ok.

Spot on, we got a great result against the biggest team in football ( imo) and every one of our team played their part in achieving that.

Asked to play a different game, did it well enough to influence the result positively.
What more can you ask.
I think you can ask for him to make good touches in key situations. There were a handful of those where he didn't live up to his own standards.

One, difficult game though. Not much if anything to be said about his overall level or ability based on that.

I think you can ask for him to make good touches in key situations. There were a handful of those where he didn't live up to his own standards.

One, difficult game though. Not much if anything to be said about his overall level or ability based on that.

I think he was being cautious and constantly aware of how damaging losing the ball would be against a team as good as Real.
That caution tempered his natural instincts, causing hesitancy, and by his standards poor touches.
As you say a one off situation , let's appreciate his contribution and move on.

Back