• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Looking forward to seeing him bed in. I think that after christmas we will see just how good he really is.

I fully expect him to hit the ground running - I think Christian Eriksen was made for Spurs. I rate him super-duper highly.

Looked really classy today. Great awareness, great passing, great touches, great dribbling...

Seems to have an understanding with the players around him already.

article-2420164-1BD18BE3000005DC-550_634x561.jpg

This guy will fill the creative forward void we've missed since Sheringham. Soldado must be rubbing his hands together, they linked up well today.

Great depth in those areas now... we had several players out and still had great skill going forward with Lennon, Lamela, Holtby, Chadli watching on...

I feel like a Cheat$ki fan... a team full of internationals... with a bench full of internationals

Easy to forget he's only 21 when you watch him. Almost a decade younger than the likes of VdV, he's just starting out really.

I recall watching hm for Denmark against England several years back, looked like a tyro then, motm iirc.

Terrific debut, he could be a significnt signing!

Eriksen was appreciative of the warm reception he was afforded by the supporters, saying afterwards: "It felt really good. I'm really happy to be here."

When asked if the fans might see their team mount a title challenge, he replied: "Hopefully this season, or maybe after. But this is an exciting season.

"They can expect great things, they're allowed! We'll try to do our best."

For the opening goal, the Denmark midfielder played a neat pass into the area for Sigurdsson to run onto and score.

"I heard him yelling!" said Eriksen. "I also knew there was the defender there - that's why I didn't give it too much. Luckily, he was there in the right moment.

"I would say maybe we should have won by more, but it was probably fair. It's easier to perform when everyone around you is really good."

Eriksen turned down several offers from elsewhere before deciding to sign for Spurs, and he insists it was more about the allure of Tottenham than the prospect of playing in the Premier League.

"It always depends on the club. The club is the most important," he added. "Both felt really good, but I chose Tottenham."

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/8922165/Premier-League-Christian-Eriksen-thanks-Tottenham-fans-after-debut

I wonder would we have been in for this guy if we had managed to sign Willian. I'm guessing no. Early days but maybe missing out on Willian might prove to be a blessing in disguise.

I wonder would we have been in for this guy if we had managed to sign Willian. I'm guessing no. Early days but maybe missing out on Willian might prove to be a blessing in disguise.

Things all could have been different if we had signed David Villa. I imagine we'd have gone all out for Bernard. Who knows what would have happened. May not have signed Soldado and Chadli. Almost certainly wouldnt have signed Lamela. Amazing how things can turn out really!

Bit like if Sandro never got injured against QPR last year, we probably wouldnt have signed Holtby until this summer!

Once Willian realises the people who told him Chelsea only came in for him to keep him away from us weren't joking and that he's going to spend most of his time there collecting splinters in his аrsе, perhaps he might be up for a real move.

Once Willian realises the people who told him Chelsea only came in for him to keep him away from us weren't joking and that he's going to spend most of his time there collecting splinters in his аrsе, perhaps he might be up for a real move.

The probability of us getting a player from Chelsea is still less than zero.

Back