• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Very overrated. Had a decent 6 months when he first came on the scene, but has been very poor of late.

He's the kind of player Liverpool or Saudi Sportswashing Machine will buy and he'll be decent, if inconsistent, for them. Certainly no better than Siggy or our Rafa replacement though.

He looks like a really classy player whenever I've seen him but I don't think we should be buying him. We've got Dempsey and Siggy to play behind a striker if that's the formation we're sticking with, one's recently started delivering and the other has shown potential in flashes. I do think he is an exceptional footballer though, do enjoy watching him play.

He wouldn't be cheap and there's other areas we should be strengthening with that money if it's there to be spent.

Strikes me his style is too slow for the prem (or at least us). Like a AM version of Dzeko. But haven't seen him that much, would be a huge gamble considering the money they'd want.

If we get a player for AM I'd sacrifice some goals or height for speed and dribbling, to allow them to also cover the flanks (it was a big mistake getting Dempsey AND Sig IMO when neither are good ball carriers, though Dempsey does score quite a bit when playing (notionally) on the left).

I want more speed.

Strikes me his style is too slow for the prem (or at least us). Like a AM version of Dzeko. But haven't seen him that much, would be a huge gamble considering the money they'd want.

If we get a player for AM I'd sacrifice some goals or height for speed and dribbling, to allow them to also cover the flanks (it was a big mistake getting Dempsey AND Sig IMO when neither are good ball carriers, though Dempsey does score quite a bit when playing (notionally) on the left).

I want more speed.

:-$ 8-[

I've only seen him play for the national team in the Euros and he was pretty anonymous for the most part. I think we can do better but if the price was right then I suppose it is a calculated risk.

Jan Vertonghen feels former Ajax team-mate Christian Eriksen would be a big hit were he to join him at Tottenham Hotspur.

Vertonghen played alongside Eriksen for two years in Holland before deciding to try his luck in the Premier League.

It is considered to be only a matter of time before Eriksen also heads for the exits in Amsterdam, with Europe's top clubs ready to pounce once he opens the door to transfer talks.

Tottenham would be among those keen to acquire the highly-rated playmaker, and Vertonghen feels the Denmark international has all the attributes required to be a success in the Premier League.

"Technically, he's one of the best players I've played with," Vertonghen said in the Evening Standard.

"He can use his right foot and his left foot equally well and he is always fit.

"Since he was 17 or 18 he has played so many games for Ajax and hardly ever been injured. When he gains a bit more physical strength, then I think he can play in any team.

"I don't want to speak for him but he is a good player, and I think a good player can play here."

http://www.teamtalk.com/tottenham-hotspur/8338779/Jan-Vertonghen-believes-Christian-Eriksen-would-be-an-ideal-addition-for-Tottenham

Would be an exciting signing for sure.

Long term he might turn into a central midfielder in the Premier League, but from the get go I would imagine him being used as an attacking midfielder as long as we play 4-2-3-1/4-4-1-1.

Big step up from the Dutch league to the Premiership though, especially for a rather small player who is also very young. Don't think we should expect an immediate impact from him if we do get him.

Imagine the faces on the people running transfers for Ajax as the offer of half a banana and a cupcake come in from Levy after the drawn out saga over Vertonghen in the summer... :lol:

I suppose we have to consider the kids only 20 and will naturally still need to work on his consistency. He's highly regarded around Europe but like braineclipse say's he's unlikely to offer anymore than someone like Siggy in the beginning whilst he bulks up and adapts to life in the PL. One for the future, whilst we really need someone for today.

I suppose we have to consider the kids only 20 and will naturally still need to work on his consistency. He's highly regarded around Europe but like braineclipse say's he's unlikely to offer anymore than someone like Siggy in the beginning whilst he bulks up and adapts to life in the PL. One for the future, whilst we really need someone for today.

We can't usually afford 'someone for today' though. By the time the kid becomes good enough for 'today' he will have been priced out of our range.

We can't usually afford 'someone for today' though. By the time the kid becomes good enough for 'today' he will have been priced out of our range.

Yeah. Alongside signings players like Dembele, Dempsey, Vertonghen etc who can improve us straight away we should also look for signings more in the mould of Modric, Sandro, Walker and Bale. These types of signings have been key to our success in recent times in my opinion.

Fair point, but if that is the case then I'd much rather we signed Maher from AZ than Eriksen.

If we get Eriksen in and we do start to play a 4-3-3 i think he will do a fantastic job in a midfield 3 with Dembele and Sandro. He is a young Modric but with goals to his game.

Back