1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Christian Eriksen

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Raziel, 10 Jun 2022.

?

Do you want him back?

1. Yay

76 vote(s)
    84.4%
  2. Nay

14 vote(s)
    15.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markysimmo

markysimmo Johnny nice-tits

Insane if true !!

upload_2022-7-4_20-14-32.png

2. Yiddo

Yiddo Johnny Morrison

I guarantee they will be playing the best football in the premier league next season and those 3 will be the architects.

3. Baleforce

Baleforce Clive Allen

as they struggle to finish top half with their sieve like defence and profligate forward line

Gutter Boy likes this.
  4. Baleforce

Baleforce Clive Allen

5. Yiddo

Yiddo Johnny Morrison

Do you really think they are not going to spend big on their weak area’s?

6. Baleforce

Baleforce Clive Allen

Not at all.

But I think they will spend badly.

Bedfordspurs and spurspinter1 like this.
  7. spurspinter1

spurspinter1 Chris Armstrong

To make such a bold yet subjective statement I'm guessing you know a lot about Ten Hag and are a big fan of his? To suggest not only they'll play the best football but also with that triumvirate of players (one forgotten, one verbally agreed and one that doesn't want to join), it's a hell of a hail Mary. Care to embellish on what makes you so certain?

Last year sky sports and the like were sure Utd would be challenging for the title after getting in CR7, Varane and Sancho.

Shame about Eriksen but don't blame him for taking the money, just unfortunate that he'll became associated with such a grim and delightfully badly run club.

FatBloke and Bedfordspurs like this.
  8. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Micky Hazard

Wow
    Architects normally create something as a foundation
    You still need the builders and the finishing touches
    They are missing that right now
    And a manager who may or may not be great
    Bold prediction

9. Yiddo

Yiddo Johnny Morrison

No point having a prediction if its not going to be bold.

10. Yiddo

Yiddo Johnny Morrison

He is a great coach and a prime example of the dutch way of playing football. I watch a fair bit of Ajax and i think he will be backed at United as you would expect but i think he will bring in the players to play his system rather than just superstars / high end players just to sell shirts. Do not be surprised if they end up boosting their defence with De ligt as well. I have always thought Rashford was overrated but with his attributes i think Ten Hag will make a player out of him, he may even get the best out of Maguire playing a system that suits him. De Jong will go to United, VDB is someone that will flourish in a system built around his style of play (i wanted him here), Eriksen is pretty much certain to go there. don't get it twisted, i am not saying they will challenge for the title but the football you will see will be 10x better than what they have previously been playing.

11. Bedfordspurs

can’t see them defending well enough or whose gonna score the 80 plus goals they need

12. Lilbaz

Lilbaz Steve Carr

Ronaldo...oh.

13. spurspinter1

Appreciate the added detail. I do feel that in your last line you've reigned in your prediction a fair bit though, the football will be more attractive for sure, but one could say it'd be hard to go further downhill than the Fred / Mctominay midfield partnership.

Ten Hag seems a little lacking in charisma and if he does go and get Antony, De Ligt etc it seems a bit Moyes at United but I guess it makes sense to get in players he knows well. I do hope you're wrong and it goes tits up quickly, don't think Hag and Schteve McLaren are going to be granted the same level of patience Ole got.

14. Bedfordspurs

Indeed
    And they are not being linked to any top strikers

15. Yiddo

Yiddo Johnny Morrison

I don't think i reigned it in at all, playing the best football in the league doesn't mean you are the best team or title challengers, look at when Arry had that team with Bale, Lennon, Vdv, Modric etc, we played the best football in the league and didn't get anywhere near the title.

16. spurspinter1

Dull to make it semantics but "the best football in the league", if not defined by having the most points at the end of the league is more a personal preference of what style of football an individual appreciates so it makes it less of a bold claim as it's unprovable.

If they are anywhere near to looking as good on the eye as Emirates Marketing Project I'll be astounded. Fair enough that you rate the new manager but it will take time to sort the squad out and implement his style of play.

17. Crab.C.Nesbitt

Crab.C.Nesbitt William Gallas

Best football is subjective. I think even if manure get eriksen and de Jong in they will be, for want of a better word, sexy next season

metalgear likes this.
  18. FatBloke

FatBloke Pascal Chimbonda

The wages are what you'd expect for a player of Eriksen's abilities and profile. The signing on fees, less so. If that's true, I can see why the club wouldn't go for him - far too much for a 30yo who wouldn't be a perfect fit into Conte's system.

On the other hand, money well spent by ManU. Bargain for someone to fix a broken midfield.

MKSpur likes this.
  19. Gazza Dazzla

Gazza Dazzla Nick Barmby

How will Eriksen fix Utd’s midfield, He’ll be competing for a place with Fernandes I’d imagine? I’m not Fernandes biggest fan, but I don’t think anyone could look at that Utd midfield last season and say he was the reason it didn’t work? I’d have thought the Mctominay, Fred, Matic axis was the reason and Eriksen doesn’t solve that.

braineclipse likes this.
  20. superspurs

superspurs Gerry Armstrong

£25m in signing fees seems totally absurd, if it was any other club I would call flimflam, but United....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.