1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Christian Eriksen

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Raziel, 10 Jun 2022.

?

Do you want him back?

1. Yay

76 vote(s)
    84.4%
  2. Nay

14 vote(s)
    15.6%
  1. Raziel

Raziel Paul Walsh

When are we going to give Eriksen his own thread again?

-> Christian Eriksen has given his consent and willingness to transfer back to Tottenham Hotspur and reunite with head coach Antonio Conte. Negotiations are now in progress to take the Dane back to Spurs this summer

2. glorygloryeze

glorygloryeze Paul Walsh

I have to say, i'm not overjoyed about the possibility of Eriksen coming back. I think that chapter is closed and we should move on and get another creative player with less baggage ( i mean that in multiple senses).

Only the fact that this involves Conte and that Conte wants the hear-and-now situation to win ASAP is the one caveat that would make it bearable for me.
    However, if we had more of a 'project manger' it would be a definite no-no for me...

3. harr1984

harr1984 Steffen Iversen

We lack a creative midfielder, he is one of the most creative playmakers in the league. It doesn't matter who the manager was they would take him, he is top class. You reckon if Poch was here he would turn down Eriksen on a free? The likes of Potter would love to work with him. Whether you are building a team or one for the here and now, especially when competing for the elite positions you need a blend of experience and youth. You dont just look to sign a bunch of 21-25 year olds. Eriksen is a low risk, high reward signing, wont take ages to settle back in and makes sense....

Finney Is Back and Legohamster like this.
  4. billyiddo

billyiddo Garth Crooks Staff Member

I think it's a great move if it happens and I'm sure a lot will remember i was someone who was happy to see the back of him at the time.

He'll give us genuine strength in depth, cover in a few positions and knows Son & Kane plus a few others well, as well as obviously knowing the club and manager - absolute no brainer of a deal to make.

FatBloke, Robbo, Baleforce and 3 others like this.
  5. glorygloryeze

glorygloryeze Paul Walsh

He has also had a close call with death. It is likely not the same Eriksen who left us, physically. Poch was here previously and look what happened re Eriksen wanting to leave, so whether Poch is here now that's not relevant, i was talking more a coach building for the future.
    I simply would prefer someone else and going for him (when we don't have another creative player, which if we did would feel better as we'd just be adding depth) feels like we are still acting like we are the old Spurs rather than a club who have had a big cash injection to 'reach for the top'.

6. LemonadeMoney

LemonadeMoney Les Ferdinand

I only wanted rid, as he obviously wanted out. He wants to come back, then like you say, it's a no brainer.

Baleforce and billyiddo like this.
  7. tommysvr

tommysvr Mido

I think his performances for Brentford put to bed any worries about him coming back from the dead.

Bullet likes this.
  8. Legohamster

Legohamster Les Ferdinand

I think it’s a mistake for clubs to resign players normally, but this is a complete no brainer.

He was Brentford’s best player after he signed, they were in a bit of trouble before he signed and he transformed the team.

He can play a few positions and he will added more competition for places, something that we seem to thinks bad.

Get it done

harr1984 likes this.
  9. mjc23

mjc23 Steve Hodge

Don't know much about him, but rumours are we're after this Brentford player.

Do you want him back?

We desperately miss his creativity which hasn't been replaced since he left. Would be interesting to see if Conte would play him in a two.

10. LemonadeMoney

The second coming of a Christian.

tommysvr likes this.
  11. glasgowspur

glasgowspur Les Ferdinand

I voted no, nothing against the guy personally but i don't believe in going back.

12. billyiddo

I've moved the most recent CE chat over from the transfer thread to this one but in doing so have fudged the order in which they appear so yours is no longer the opening post - woopsie

13. glorygloryeze

glorygloryeze Paul Walsh

A totally different thing playing for Brentford vs playing for us, in more ways than one...

14. billyiddo

You wouldn't be interested in signing any players from Brentford or a similar club then?

15. LemonadeMoney

Obligatory youtube vid, I know you can't always trust these things.

MKSpur likes this.
  16. glorygloryeze

glorygloryeze Paul Walsh

Not my point; i'm saying how is has recovered or otherwise from his near-death experience cannot be totally judged on how he played at Brentford. The physical and mental pressure etc playing for them is totally different playing for a club like us

17. Gutter Boy

Gutter Boy Tim Sherwood

Seems stupid buying a #10, when we don't really play a #10. He'll likely just get shoehorned in at RWF (as Kulusevski's cover), and we all saw how well that worked with Lo Celso.

I'm also a bit concerned that he seemed to peak form wise about 4 years ago, and has been on a bit of a decline since then.

18. LemonadeMoney

Lloris
    Romero..Dier..Davies
    Kulu..Skipp..Bentancur..Perisic
    Eriksen
    Kane..Son​

Bedfordspurs likes this.
  19. Legohamster

Legohamster Les Ferdinand

He can play deeper if needed

Why are we against having other options as well?

20. harr1984

harr1984 Steffen Iversen

That’s quite some decline he’s on when statistically last season he created around twice the chances any of our players did per 90 minutes….