1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Christian Eriksen

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by jonathanhotspur, 12 Jun 2021.

1. Gutter Boy

Gutter Boy Tim Sherwood

I absolutely hate that. Just in the context of messing around playing against old guys, juveniles or mixed sex games. Its so hard trying to compete but having to hold something back compared to it being another physically robust opponent.

monkeybarry likes this.
  2. P.D.

P.D. Vedran Corluka

To answer you both I think the level of effort he put into games dropped, certainly by enough to notice but maybe it was because he was leaving and sub consciously you lose a couple of percent.

3. glasgowspur

glasgowspur Christian Ziege

I don't think he lacked effort, he lacked engagement.
    He didn't want to be here, but i also think he was a bit torn, especially when his preferred move didn't materialise.
    If we had started poch last season better i think he might have stayed and got back to his best.

4. Spur of the moment

Spur of the moment John Lacy

Wouldn't argue too much with that, except I'd say his level dropped way more than just a couple of percent.

I vividly recall being shocked at the deathly expression on his face the day he was filmed clocking back into Cheshunt at the start of his final half-season with us. The rest of the players breezed in. Of course there were all sorts of rumours in the media around his private life at the time, so irrespective of whether they were true or not (probably not) you'd guess thay must have have affected him.

Whatever, it was screamingly obvious he no longer wanted to be here. But he seems a very private man, not the sort who opens up about his problems, so we may never get to find out.

glasgowspur likes this.
  5. glasgowspur

glasgowspur Christian Ziege

My overiding memory from the doc was the cringy bit of the levy and jose trying to talk Eriksen into staying.
    It was horrible, he looked dead and obviously wanted out but levy couldn't or didn't want to see it.

Spur of the moment likes this.
  6. Kandi1977

Kandi1977 Paul Stewart

7. Kandi1977

Kandi1977 Paul Stewart

8. monkeybarry

monkeybarry Johnny Morrison

I play mixed sex sports. We don't hold back. Although to be fair it's pretty always a female that has injured me in that way!

9. Bullet

Bullet Tom Huddlestone

@Gutterboy; if Daley Blind has exactly the same heart problem and also the same sort of defibrillator fitted, seems there is no reason Eriksen can't do the same.
    Obviously the Prem is a MASSIVE test on the heart compared to playing back in Denmark or Holland.

25 Aug, 2020
    Ajax Amsterdam defender Daley Blind had to be substituted during a preseason warm-up match against Hertha Berlin on Tuesday when his implanted heart defibrillator went off.

Blind was diagnosed with heart muscle inflammation after suffering from dizziness during Ajax's Champions League match against Valencia in December. The ex-Manchester United player was subsequently fitted with a Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator, or ICD, and returned to full training in February.

Blind sat down when the device went off but was able to walk off the pitch to be substituted in the 79th minute on Tuesday's game.

"He has no symptoms. The ICD went off and right after that he was fine,'' Ajax coach Erik ten Hag told Ziggo Sport. "We'll do some tests and wait for the results and then make decisions,'' he added.

Ajax won the match at the Johan Cruyff Arena 1-0.

10. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL Nayim

11. Denmark Spur

Denmark Spur Vedran Corluka

12. Kandi1977

Kandi1977 Paul Stewart

Shame its not us he's coming back to.

13. Gutter Boy

Gutter Boy Tim Sherwood

City or Newcastle probably. They are the only ones who could afford to be sued by his widow.

Also the only ones who don't have to worry about the bad PR, as blood on their hands is literally part of the day job for those states

14. elyid

elyid Young-Pyo Lee

Couldn’t really begrudge him the odd cameo role at City (and prob a trophy or two).

Newcastle and I’d actually feel bad for him!

Kandi1977 likes this.
  15. AdamB

AdamB David Ginola

How do you know? Sell GLC, get Eriksen back on loan til the summer and revisit in the summer

I dont see him going to Utd (dont need him), Liverpool (doesnt fit their midfield style) nor Chelsea.

City I could see as an option and Newcastle will try

Villa just got Coutinho. Doubt he'd go to Arsenal

I dont see why we wouldnt go for him and we're crying out for some creativity in midfield

harr1984 and Legohamster like this.
  16. Legohamster

Legohamster Jimmy McCormick

Does it say that?

Paywall

Should be all over it

17. Kandi1977

Kandi1977 Paul Stewart

No, but I doubt we're in for him. Unfortunately.

18. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Jürgen Klinsmann

I’ve heard Brentford

19. Kandi1977

Kandi1977 Paul Stewart

Makes sense considering they have Thomas Frank, and a few Danish players too.

Bedfordspurs likes this.
  20. AdamB

AdamB David Ginola

An obvious rumour but entirely possible