• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

So you don't think he always tracked the run of his opposing number? Did you actually watch us under Pochettino?!?

Yep pretty much every game.

He jogged alongside or usually 5 to 10 foot behind the runner. Not even that the last 18 months he was here.

Thankfully Levy has more sense then to get him back. Been found out at Inter.

I haven’t seen either of those two reach half the level of Eriksen at Spurs prior to his last year here.

he was top 3 in PL assists and key passes every season and ALWAYS tracked his opposing number’s runs defensively.
Finny my man I usually agree with you 100% but the Eriksen tracking runners bit....I'm not so sure about...[emoji28][emoji28][emoji28]

Last edited:
You try performing at maximum level in a super high pressure, elite level discipline when you know you’re on your way out. You lose that last few percent and become uncompetitive. It’s natural (and why you should never, ever let players close to or in their prime go into last 18 to 24 months of their contract.

Mate, doesn't explain why he's dogbrick for Inter ..

I was huge Eriksen fan and what he brought to the team, but
- Sometimes players peak early, lose their way, or just lose their love for the game (Sanchez, Ozil, Pogba, countless other examples), Inter has shown it is the club .. it's him
- He never had the final bit of fight needed to take it over the top, and I think Jose is looking for that .. to me, Gio may not be Eriksen's prime level yet, but when/if he gets there, it will be with a whole lot more fight in him

Mate, doesn't explain why he's dogbrick for Inter ..

I was huge Eriksen fan and what he bought to the team, but
- Sometimes players peak early, lose their way, or just lose their love for the game (Sanchez, Ozil, Pogba, countless other examples), Inter has shown it is the club .. it's him
- He never had the final bit of fight needed to take it over the top, and I think Jose is looking for that .. to me, Gio may not be Eriksen's prime level yet, but when/if he gets there, it will be with a whole lot more fight in him
I can't really comment on Inter as I haven't really watched them and don't really know much about the way they set up etc....

WRT to Gio and Ndombele.... I truly hope that they can surpass the level that Eriksen achieved at Spurs, I'd be delighted even if they can just match that level. The pair of them have a lot of goals, assists and key passes to make before we can start to compare however.

I have to say, i'm not overjoyed about the possibility of Eriksen coming back. I think that chapter is closed and we should move on and get another creative player with less baggage ( i mean that in multiple senses).

Only the fact that this involves Conte and that Conte wants the hear-and-now situation to win ASAP is the one caveat that would make it bearable for me.
However, if we had more of a 'project manger' it would be a definite no-no for me...

I have to say, i'm not overjoyed about the possibility of Eriksen coming back. I think that chapter is closed and we should move on and get another creative player with less baggage ( i mean that in multiple senses).

Only the fact that this involves Conte and that Conte wants the hear-and-now situation to win ASAP is the one caveat that would make it bearable for me.
However, if we had more of a 'project manger' it would be a definite no-no for me...
We lack a creative midfielder, he is one of the most creative playmakers in the league. It doesn't matter who the manager was they would take him, he is top class. You reckon if Poch was here he would turn down Eriksen on a free? The likes of Potter would love to work with him. Whether you are building a team or one for the here and now, especially when competing for the elite positions you need a blend of experience and youth. You dont just look to sign a bunch of 21-25 year olds. Eriksen is a low risk, high reward signing, wont take ages to settle back in and makes sense....

I think it's a great move if it happens and I'm sure a lot will remember i was someone who was happy to see the back of him at the time.

He'll give us genuine strength in depth, cover in a few positions and knows Son & Kane plus a few others well, as well as obviously knowing the club and manager - absolute no brainer of a deal to make.

We lack a creative midfielder, he is one of the most creative playmakers in the league. It doesn't matter who the manager was they would take him, he is top class. You reckon if Poch was here he would turn down Eriksen on a free? The likes of Potter would love to work with him. Whether you are building a team or one for the here and now, especially when competing for the elite positions you need a blend of experience and youth. You dont just look to sign a bunch of 21-25 year olds. Eriksen is a low risk, high reward signing, wont take ages to settle back in and makes sense....

He has also had a close call with death. It is likely not the same Eriksen who left us, physically. Poch was here previously and look what happened re Eriksen wanting to leave, so whether Poch is here now that's not relevant, i was talking more a coach building for the future.
I simply would prefer someone else and going for him (when we don't have another creative player, which if we did would feel better as we'd just be adding depth) feels like we are still acting like we are the old Spurs rather than a club who have had a big cash injection to 'reach for the top'.

I think it's a great move if it happens and I'm sure a lot will remember i was someone who was happy to see the back of him at the time.

He'll give us genuine strength in depth, cover in a few positions and knows Son & Kane plus a few others well, as well as obviously knowing the club and manager - absolute no brainer of a deal to make.
I only wanted rid, as he obviously wanted out. He wants to come back, then like you say, it's a no brainer.

I think it’s a mistake for clubs to resign players normally, but this is a complete no brainer.

He was Brentford’s best player after he signed, they were in a bit of trouble before he signed and he transformed the team.

He can play a few positions and he will added more competition for places, something that we seem to thinks bad.

Get it done

Don't know much about him, but rumours are we're after this Brentford player.

Do you want him back?

We desperately miss his creativity which hasn't been replaced since he left. Would be interesting to see if Conte would play him in a two.

Don't know much about him, but rumours are we're after this Brentford player.

Do you want him back?

We desperately miss his creativity which hasn't been replaced since he left. Would be interesting to see if Conte would play him in a two.

I've moved the most recent CE chat over from the transfer thread to this one but in doing so have fudged the order in which they appear so yours is no longer the opening post - woopsie

Back