1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Christian Eriksen

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by NickTB, 30 Aug 2020.

1. NoLimits01

NoLimits01 Ilie Dumitrescu

That’s so sweet

2. Bullet

Bullet Paul Walsh

You should learn to use commas.

3. Rorschach

Rorschach Garth Crooks

Yep, every day. Sometimes multiple times a day.

4. awesome dawson

awesome dawson Young-Pyo Lee

I can't think of a player who surmises the Poch era as much as Eriksen. On his day, world class but at the core, a big game bottler, nice guy, bad corner taker and ultimately not a driven winner. The way he decided to force his exit (hours after our CL final defeat stunk of indifference to the club and fans, it also did nothing for our limp effort in the first half of the following season). I wouldn't boo him if he returned with opposition but I wouldn't give him a standing ovation either.

5. glasgowspur

glasgowspur Nick Barmby

I like and agree with the first part, I think the second is too harsh.
    There was and still is a culture at our club that are happy being second best. Eriksen, dembele and to a lesser extent Toby and Jan sum it up for me, loads of talent but settlers.
    Poch tried to change it and failed, Jose will try, but watch the fireworks go off if he can't change it. Jose won't let himself be thrown under a bus.
    Harry, son and Dier are the ones we need to be building this squad around.

Baleforce and StephenH like this.
  6. metalgear

metalgear Christian Ziege

So who gave that black eye to Verts?

Sent from my SM-G985F using Fapatalk

7. Aldo

Aldo Naybet

Mrs Verts.

8. Scoopage

Scoopage Gordon Durie

Among other things you have a book in you

DeanoAustin and DTA like this.
  9. Jon

Jon Jimmy Neighbour

That’s some impressive lubrication he must have used

10. Daisuk

Daisuk Chris Perry

11. DeanoAustin

DeanoAustin Mauricio Taricco

That is the greatest post I've ever read anywhere on the internet. Not only did it have me tinkling myself laughing purely for the content, I could understand the face value interpretation of it and it summed up my feelings around Christian Eriksen too.

Bravo sir...

MKSpur, DubaiSpur, P.D. and 1 other person like this.
  12. Baleforce

Baleforce Fanny Walden

I'd be surprised if Jose would accept him back.

I can see the appeal to Levy though, could probably reverse the Inter deal in our financial favour, they'd be pleased to be shot of him without faff.

Personally, I don't want him back, yes he'd be the most talented player in the squad, but without the meteorology to impose that talent it's irrelevant.

13. parklane1

parklane1 Les Howe

Bring him back home ( as someone said about Bale) :)

DubaiSpur and Bedfordspurs like this.
  14. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Steve Sedgley

Maybe under Jose it could be different
    He ain’t scared of calling out anyone

15. metalgear

metalgear Christian Ziege

Eriksen lost it with Poch. Wheels would have been set in motion and it would have been too late for Jose. Won't be surprised if he comes back. We've done it before.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

16. DubaiSpur

DubaiSpur Jimmy McCormick

Amen, mate.

The guy deserved better than he got - he could have left for nothing and gotten a gigantic paycheck in 6 months, but chose not to. And in leaving, he gave us a better fee than we spent when we signed him in the first place, and gracefully closed the chapter on six and a half largely glorious years with us.

I'm not convinced he has the meteorology for a Mourinho side. But if Mourinho wants him, and he wants to come back, I'd happily take the guy.

He has the most assists of anyone in our PL history, for GHod's sake, and 50 goals to boot. I'd much prefer him over Bale, who gave us three great seasons but then fudged off.

parklane1 and Kandi1977 like this.
  17. spurspinter1

spurspinter1 Gerry Armstrong

I think Jose would appreciate his technical ability but not his mindset / personality, I strongly believe we won’t see him back here for an abundance of reasons.

Funny how we can say that Eriksen’s move hasn’t worked out in 6 months yet Poch signings had about 2 seasons to settle in to learn the “system” before we could possibly think of criticising them

18. Glenda's Legs

Glenda's Legs Paul Stalteri

Given reports that Inter are willing to sell Eriksen as Conte doesn't want him, it seems a not unreasonable conclusion to reach?

19. Bishop

Bishop Ronnie Rosenthal

You should always give a player a session to settle before making a final judgement on them and in the case of Poch he was very slow to integrate new players into the first 11 so that was certainly the case.

Eriksen shouldn't be written off at Inter, however he is just continuing his downturn in performances that has been evident for over a year.

billyiddo, MKSpur and spurspinter1 like this.
  20. braineclipse

braineclipse Chris Jones

The downturn in performances lasting this long would be my main argument against signing him. I would be somewhat uncertain about him ever getting back to his best.

He was bloody brilliant. Speculative, but I think he's always seen himself as good enough for the best teams in the world, might not end up to be the best for his motivation to make another sideways step, a step back even, if he returned to us.

MKSpur likes this.