• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Interesting article that linked from the BBC Gossip page. Quotes Eriksen as saying he’d love to play the Champions League but it’s not essential. Considering we are currently far from guaranteed to be in it then it does put us clearly in the frame. Would offer options in both wide positions can play in one of the two central positions as well as play as a 10 if Conte ever wants to spring a surprise and change shape. Knows the club and knows Conte. Also free in terms of transfer fee. So can concentrate transfer budget elsewhere.

https://www.football365.com/news/ch...pions-league-love-tottenham-hotspur-brentford

Lol I know right :)
Just saying....
David Moyes, the great manager we never had!

Most managers have something exciting or interesting about them. Something you can get behind. Maybe their personality, or how their teams are so organised / tough / beautiful to watch. Moyes...not so much.

Maybe I've just forgotten his Everton years. Sure, he kept them at a decent standard, but I can't exactly remember them being an exciting team. A few cup runs, the odd dalliance with the UEFA Cup.

David Moyes, the great manager we never had!

Most managers have something exciting or interesting about them. Something you can get behind. Maybe their personality, or how their teams are so organised / tough / beautiful to watch. Moyes...not so much.

Maybe I've just forgotten his Everton years. Sure, he kept them at a decent standard, but I can't exactly remember them being an exciting team. A few cup runs, the odd dalliance with the UEFA Cup.
He got Everton consistently in the top half on a shoe string budget, kept discovering talent (cahill) and developing youth , had everyone running their legs off in the middle and attacked lots down the wings (Baines).

Thinking about it , lots of pressing in the middle and quick transitions to the flanks just like how we are now.

Maybe if he changed his name to Moyetti....

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

He got Everton consistently in the top half on a shoe string budget, kept discovering talent (cahill) and developing youth , had everyone running their legs off in the middle and attacked lots down the wings (Baines).

Thinking about it , lots of pressing in the middle and quick transitions to the flanks just like how we are now.

Maybe if he changed his name to Moyetti....

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Or moe sizlak.

He's officially joined Man Utd.

Shame.

Nah. Talented but yesterday's guy. Conte wants fit, strong hard running, hard-fighting players now. That isn't really Eriksen. Nothing to do with this heart.

However, there is a logic for adding a player with his deft touch and guile to find teammates. But I'd prefer a young player with these attributes. And maybe we have them already. Bentancur has this side to his game and can improve. Skipp is not even 22 yet...

Nah. Talented but yesterday's guy. Conte wants fit, strong hard running, hard-fighting players now. That isn't really Eriksen. Nothing to do with this heart.

However, there is a logic for adding a player with his deft touch and guile to find teammates. But I'd prefer a young player with these attributes. And maybe we have them already. Bentancur has this side to his game and can improve. Skipp is not even 22 yet...

Just a shame in general, I don't (in the same vein as Parklane) relish the sight of Eriksen in that shirt.
I'm not sure he'd have been amazing if he came back to us, but the emotion of it would have been a nice hit.

If we end up with Maddison instead, that's a better move

Just a shame in general, I don't (in the same vein as Parklane) relish the sight of Eriksen in that shirt.
I'm not sure he'd have been amazing if he came back to us, but the emotion of it would have been a nice hit.

If we end up with Maddison instead, that's a better move

I can't see maddison. He'd cost what £70m? Where would he play in a 343? I get we could switch to a 352, but how often would we do that? If we did that leaves kulu and richarlison on the bench.

I get strength in depth and options but that is pushing it. We could go for gvardiol or hakimi.

This feels like the reverse of like when we used to sign players like Teddy mk2 and Poyet from clubs like them.

That's a very good point. Eriksen is quality still of course, but with his age and the heart issues, he's not a kind of signing Manure of the past would've made.

Would still have liked him back at Spurs, and I won’t be happy to see him in a red shirt, but it's probably for the best to accept that Eriksen's time with us is the past. I will silently always root for him, but I hope he fails in Manchester.

Conte had a lot of time with Eriksen. I'm happy for Conte to select who he wants. He's earned it.

Previous players went to Man U and I wished them well. This time its different as Man U's goal is to beat us to CL placings.

So see ya, Eriksen. Joining Brentford was understandable, but a CL rival ? Hoping you don't do well there!

Sent from my SM-S908E using Fapatalk

Back