• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Benteke

We need to be realistic here.
He is hot property right and would be a major coup for us.
Although I'm not sure we have a Lee Hendrie in our team, so we may be better off sticking with Carlton Cole or taking a punt on that polish guy from Derby, see if he can make the step up.

Gary is still on standby.

Again, call me nuts, but I don't think this would be a bad signing. Jose clearly wants a strong number 9 up there to play balls against and I think he'd fit the bill. He knows he's never in before Harry. If he could rediscover some of that Villa form, he could be a revelation. He's still only 29. He's also presumably not very expensive.

Let the abusive posts begin...

Again, call me nuts, but I don't think this would be a bad signing. Jose clearly wants a strong number 9 up there to play balls against and I think he'd fit the bill. He knows he's never in before Harry. If he could rediscover some of that Villa form, he could be a revelation. He's still only 29. He's also presumably not very expensive.

Wake Up!
Wake Up!
Wake Up!

NUTTER!

Id be happy enough with him on a loan deal if all else fails.

He knows the league, is big and strong and would give Jose someone to slap on and punt long balls at. Guess he ticks all the boxes.

I'm not opposed to Deeney either if we can't get anyone else. He's a horrible bastard to play against. But I think Benteke is a better player.

Neither would be my first choice by a long way but I'd rather either of them than no-one.

I thin k some f ans are not being realistic, what we need is a CF who will give Kane a break but will have to sit out most games. Now what player in their right mind would want to sit on the bench and be willing to be mostly a bit player.

It is either going to be a player who is past his best or some young gun who is starting out. I doubt that any player who has any ambition will be happy in being a stand in.

Do you seriously prefer Benteke c.2020?

There's not much i wouldn't prefer to Deeney. At least with Benteke you know he was good once upon a time and there's a remote possibility he may rediscover his form. With Deeney you're just getting a lump of turd

Back