• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Benteke

I was just giving you another example of 'breaking news' that shouldn't be breaking news...

My bad. A lot of the news shouldn't be 'breaking news', it's barely exciting & I give up on Facebook. You have pages telling you 'news' that other places reported a week ago.

My bad. A lot of the news shouldn't be 'breaking news', it's barely exciting & I give up on Facebook. You have pages telling you 'news' that other places reported a week ago.

I think my general relaxed outlook on the transfer window is that i pay little to no attention to the rumor mill - id highly recommend it!

New link to Benteke; looks a bit of lazy reporting to me. Rehash of old story with no new quotes

Liverpool links seem to have gone cold and to be honest (1) I cannot see him staying at Villa next season (2) I don't see many other teams who would buy him (3) I cannot see Villa dropping the 30+ mill release clause. However using Ade, Townsend and Carroll as bait would allow us to inflate the fees for that trio and so compensate (those 3 + 10 mill... would be something I would definitely live with)

Tottenham up Christian Benteke chase with Emmanuel Adebayor touted as bait

Spurs hope Sherwood's relationship with Adebayor from their time together at White Hart Lane will work in their favour
Benteke-and-Adebayor.jpg

Emmanuel Adebayor could be reunited with Tim Sherwood as Spurs use him in their bid to sign Christian Benteke.

Spurs are challenging Liverpool for the signature of Aston Villa's Belgian striker.

But like Liverpool, Tottenham believe Aston Villa's £32.5m buyout clause for Benteke is too high.

Spurs hope Sherwood's relationship with Adebayor from their time together at White Hart Lane will work in their favour.

Sherwood has already proved he knows what makes Adebayor tick.

Tottenham-Hotspur-v-Sunderland-Premier-League.jpg

Yes, sir! Adebayor could be reunited with Sherwood at Villa

After being brought in from the cold by Sherwood in 2013/14, the Ivorian scored 14 goals in just 25 games for Spurs.

One potential stumbling block could be Adebayor's huge £100,000-a-week contract, which comfortably tops Villa's current highest earners.

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy may have to subsidise Adebayor's wages to get him off the books, as he was prepared to do in January to enable the Togo striker to join any interested club other than rivals West Ham.

Action Images
50-funniest-pictures-of-the-season.jpg

Hell Bent: Villa are intent to keep hold of the free-scoring Belgian

Benteke, 24, has two years left on his contract and has no intention of signing a new deal to extend his stay at Villa Park.

Liverpool also have players who could be makeweights such as Rickie Lambert and Fabio Borini.

One things for sure ... Liverpool won't be in for him until they sell at least 3 other players. They have run out of money now IMO and have more to offload than we do

One things for sure ... Liverpool won't be in for him until they sell at least 3 other players. They have run out of money now IMO and have more to offload than we do
They are doing like when we sold Bale, bying before selling to not be quoted inflated prices. Sterling is off IMO, they just want to do most of the business first.

Would Kane work playing off Benteke???

I have wanted us to sign Benteke for ages but I dont think the two would be compatible in the same starting 11...

I have wanted us to sign Benteke for ages but I dont think the two would be compatible in the same starting 11...
Yeah, that is a big worry for me as well. Sure, you could say that we need a back-up/competitor who is somewhat similar to Kane to give him a rest, but I am not convinced spending 30+ million on Benteke in that role is the right way forward. If we do spend that amount of money you expect him to start, the problem with that is that I share your concern on whether Kane and Benteke can play together. I certainly don't think it is ideal, they are to similar imo.

I believe they could, I think Kane has played some of his best games coming from deep and running with the ball. I see Benteke leading the line and Kane playing in and around him.

I believe they could, I think Kane has played some of his best games coming from deep and running with the ball. I see Benteke leading the line and Kane playing in and around him.

I think long term Kane will need someone like Benteke. I am not Kane's biggest fan and think that he is going to struggle long term playing on his own and will be much better in a partnership.

I don't think Tim is that stupid. . . . is he?

hopefully he is, well at least to take Ade off us. However i still dont think we will be able to afford Benteke. Villa wont budge on their valuation

Back