• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Benteke

Just off the top of my head: Mitrovic or Castaignos would represent much better value for money.

That German kid we apparently bid for is just the kind of player we should: Young, potential to improve and perhaps undervalued (certainly much cheaper than alternatives already in the PL with about two months worth of above average form)
Werner? Armchair wasn't too complementary about him but as you say he may improve and fulfil the potential he was showing a few seasons back. I'm thinking striker number 3 though.

Just off the top of my head: Mitrovic or Castaignos would represent much better value for money.
Castaignos is barely good enough for Twente, let alone for Spurs.

As to a direct back-up for Kane, it's so frustrating that we actually have a really good striker when he can be bothered in Adebayor... if he can actually turn up once in a while we might save ourselves the trouble of spending 32 million! on Benteke and get a more versatile striker in that will also solve our issues on the wings.

Surely these are the answers then (assuming they are good enough)

The club will not hinder Kane's opportunities so we need to make sure we have the best available back up and ideally have flexible back if possible

We don't appear to have the back up coming from within but an up and comer along with an experienced head would be a good mix

I like both Berhino and Austin but both should be playing regularly. I guess Berhino can play as a wide forward too

Bloody hell another body language expert ( they seem to be a lot of them about), I wish I knew what Uni I could go to to get that skill. :p

My own comments about the body language of Benteke were just offhand references to previous discussions on this forum. But to take your question seriously for a second... the answer is "pretty much any Uni with a medical wing". If you study anything in medicine or psychology that includes clinical / patient-facing work, they teach you all manner of stuff about analysing body-language... and what they don't teach in seminars, you learn fairly sharp-ish in the first few weeks of your internship.

I am *not* saying that translates to some magical ability to discern the minds of professional football players based on Match of The Day... but you *did* ask ;-)

Now sits and waits to see if I get called mate and told the post was not aimed at me, but alas, I am no fan of Benteke. I must die.

I would like to know why I cannot talk about body language but seemingly others can... and despite your smashing of the fist on a desk on hearing the words body language.. I get singled out. PMSL

Me thinks it has nothing to do with 'body language' but more to do with me not toeing the line that Benteke is the second coming.. after Kane of course. :p :rolleyes: I can roll eyes too.

BTW Bentenke is Utter garbage.

Anyway.. off on holiday, early flight to catch. Will not be on here for 10 days thank GHod, had it up to here.. (not with you PL1) with the I'll prove you wrong attitude on the forum (me partly to blame too)

Last edited:
You are taking this far to seriously SH, if you make claims about a player being utter garbage then you have to expect some to reply to that over the top opinion, he is not the second coming but he is also not as bad as you make him out to be . As for toeing the line again your are coming across as paranoid, go on you holiday ( it seems you need a break to relax a little) enjoy yourself.

Benteke clearly isn't 'absolute garbage'.... As his goal scoring record for a pretty poor Villa team doesn't back that up at all.

I also find the whole 'body language' argument a little too subjective, (not to mention convenient for those that don't want him). Personally I don't think I've ever seen anything other than Benteke putting himself about and causing us problems whenever he has played against us.

I think it could be valid to say that Benteke is overpriced. It could also be valid to say that he may not suit our system, or that he may be a little injury prone, or that he tends to score goals in batches and then go quiet (although I think that is a little unfair as you have to consider the team he plays for) but to say he is absolute garbage is clearly just not the case. I'm not sure I'd even call Soldado 'absolute garbage' and he has clearly been a very poor player for us.... Now Capoue on the other hand!... ;)

I said it a few weeks ago: we should be moving heaven and earth for Firmino. At any point last season we could have snapped him up with little competition. Relieving Hoffenheim of their better players is not difficult - but now the media appear to be jumping all over him suddenly for some reason.

He would deputise for Kane, whilst also being comfortable on either flank the striker. Versatile, quick, proven and gettable. Wouldn't be astronomical wages or fee either. I just hope this ship hasn't sailed.

I said it a few weeks ago: we should be moving heaven and earth for Firmino. At any point last season we could have snapped him up with little competition. Relieving Hoffenheim of their better players is not difficult - but now the media appear to be jumping all over him suddenly for some reason.

He would deputise for Kane, whilst also being comfortable on either flank the striker. Versatile, quick, proven and gettable. Wouldn't be astronomical wages or fee either. I just hope this ship hasn't sailed.
Sounds like you should be doing some scouting for us mate!....

What sort of price do you think Firmino would go for?

Also what other players in the Bundesliga do you think could be ripe for picking and would be good value and strengthen our team/squad?

apart from Neymar and Oscar, i wouldnt go near any Brazilian atm............especially after our own experience with Paulinho.

yes Firmino has done well in the Bundesliga, but the pressure and expectation at Tottenham will be much bigger than at Hoffenheim. New country, new language/culture, the intensity and non stop action of the PL, i think it now would be too risky to take a punt on this guy.

apart from Neymar and Oscar, i wouldnt go near any Brazilian atm............especially after our own experience with Paulinho.

yes Firmino has done well in the Bundesliga, but the pressure and expectation at Tottenham will be much bigger than at Hoffenheim. New country, new language/culture, the intensity and non stop action of the PL, i think it now would be too risky to take a punt on this guy.

Out of interest, what impact does his nationality have on the pressure he would be under or his ability to cope with pressure?

Out of interest, what impact does his nationality have on the pressure he would be under or his ability to cope with pressure?

nothing....I was comparing the pressure and expectations of playing for Hoffenheim and Spurs, plus the added extra problems i mentioned above of moving to a new league with a big price tag wrapped round his neck.

The Brazilian aspect? I just think the standard of Brazilian football is at an all time low and i would be wary about spending big money on a Brazilian player

nothing....I was comparing the pressure and expectations of playing for Hoffenheim and Spurs, plus the added extra problems i mentioned above of moving to a new league with a big price tag wrapped round his neck.

The Brazilian aspect? I just think the standard of Brazilian football is at an all time low and i would be wary about spending big money on a Brazilian player

I agree that they'd get more attention at Spurs but there is a reasonably good record of players coming here from Germany.

I'm not too bothered about the state of Brazilian football. If he is good enough, his nationality is irrelevant.

Surely these are the answers then (assuming they are good enough)

The club will not hinder Kane's opportunities so we need to make sure we have the best available back up and ideally have flexible back if possible

We don't appear to have the back up coming from within but an up and comer along with an experienced head would be a good mix

I like both Berhino and Austin but both should be playing regularly. I guess Berhino can play as a wide forward too

I like Berhino but I must admit that I am concerned that he shares the same agent as Sterling

I like Berhino but I must admit that I am concerned that he shares the same agent as Sterling

Liability. Destined to be another wasted talent. We need to stay away from him IMO. A couple years ago I'd have said yes to Benteke, but not now. We have moved on. We need to be looking elsewhere IMO and I am sure we are.

I am so confident that we will not be signing him that i will give everyone a
blowjob
if he signs

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/6490193/Poch-is-hot-on-Benteke.html

Spurs agree fee with Villa for Benteke

stock-photo-39920614-businessman-unzipping-trouser-flies.jpg

Back