• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Benteke

Whilst I agree the lad looks promising, I've reservations. Spurs have purchased far to many one season wonders over the years and it would be just like us to steal him off Villa and watch as he turns into donkey on the pitch. He's not going to be cheap as we missed the boat on that so lets see how he's doing 12 months from now. I personally don't see him as a 20+ a season striker just yet.

He may be flavour of the month now, but can't say I've been that impressed really .

Not been too impressed with his finishing from what i've seen, looks like he has a very weak shot.

Wow this is a new low.

I haven't been that impressed and to boot he is what? Five months into his first season. Another case of jumping on the bandwagon.

If he wasn't good enough six months ago why is he all of a sudden good enough now? Haha. fudgein hell.

Not a great game today and is still a work in progress but i think he reminds me of how some players dont look amazing in the first few months in the prem, berbatov, tevez, ba etc and they come good. The boy has all the tools in the locker to come good.

We should chuck 10m at villa and tell them to play him every game for the rest of the season.

I can see where the Benteskey moniker comes from, but hard for anyone to look good in that team.

The whole Villa team is low on confidence so would not judge him on tonight. He should have scored twice in the home fixture and he looked great against Liverpool.
He maybe the real deal. Or not.

just a shame Lukaku is a Chelsea player and not West Brom because he is the one I'd want. He is better than Benteke and younger too. But Benteke is still class and I'd have him here.

Looking good for villa tonight. Look im not saying he is the finished article but i think we need to keep an eye on him because if he becomes as good as i think he could then other clubs will get in before us.

Villa are a joke club and if they have one decent player then we should try and get him.

Think the boat has already sailed on him unless we fancy spending 20m on him, which I don't think we will. We need to be looking for the next Benteke, it'd be nice for us to take a gamble on a young player who looks to have potential, is hungry to play and also to develop his game. That is all I ask for....

He will certainly be on the move if Villa go down. Will be expensive if they stay up though.

It does really frustrate me how we can't seem to identify any strikers within our budget that the club feel can take us forward, yet weaker clubs with smaller budgets manage to bring in the likes of Benteke and Michu this year, Cisse the year before, Odemwingie and Ba the year before that....

Back