• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Atsu

braineclipse

Willie Hall
[x] Porto player
[x] At Porto under AVB
[x] Reasonable amount release clause
[x] Young
[x] Wants to play in England

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/469972/20130522/christian-atsu-tottenham-hotspur-porto.htm

Porto winger Christian Atsu is ready to leave the Portuguese champions and realise his dream of playing in the Premier League.

Tottenham Hotspur have held an interest in the 21-year-old throughout the season, heightened by the winger's refusal to sign a contract extension last December that would have increased his release clause to €30million.

The Ghanaian international was handed his first call-up to Porto's first team ranks by Andre Villas-Boas during his tenure as head coach in 2011, and the winger has given every indication that he wants to follow his former manager over to the Premier League.

"There are times when we have to think about following our dreams and this is the time to follow my dream," Atsu is quoted as saying in Portuguese newspaper Abola.

"Since I started playing football, my dream is to play in the Premier League and I love going out there. I do not say that I want to leave FC Porto. But if I leave my destiny is in England."

Under his current contract, Atsu can leave the Estadio do Dragao if a club were to come in with an offer of just €10m, a fee that is unlikely to dissuade Tottenham or his other reported suitor Everton this summer.

(more in the article)

Not sure if the international business times is a great source for footballing rumours, but there were some direct quotes so I figured I would put it in here.

and little, and nippy, and overrated

so he reminds you of Adu in a player sense? because he looks nothing like him other than his skin colour :p

I've seen Atsu a few times but mostly off the bench, I see my fair share of Porto. If we could get him on the cheap than I'd take him. I know we'd have Townsend but it's good to have cover on both wings.

so he reminds you of Adu in a player sense? because he looks nothing like him other than his skin colour :p

I've seen Atsu a few times but mostly off the bench, I see my fair share of Porto. If we could get him on the cheap than I'd take him. I know we'd have Townsend but it's good to have cover on both wings.

Atsu is 5ft 7....Adu is 5ft 7

Atsu born in Ghana.......Adu born in Ghana

Atsu is 21.....Adu is 23

Atsu is an attacking midfielder and winger....Adu is an attacking midfielder and striker

and yes i stand by my original statement. Both are little, nippy and overrated.

80101.jpg

christian-atsu.jpg

TWINS.

10million euros is about right for a squad player if we intend to keep in the top 5, no?

I think what raboner is getting at is that we should be spending money on players who will get into our first eleven and then the players they replace would end up being a 'squad player'

If he was any good you can bet he would be playing more for Porto and he would not be for sale for £3 mill.

Porto are not putting their arm down the back of the sofa for loose change at the moment.

Ghana winger Christian Atsu has announced his decision to leave Portuguese giants Porto, paving the way for him to join English sides Liverpool or Tottenham, GHANAsoccernet.com can exclusively reveal.

The move by the Portuguese giants to frustrate the Black Stars prodigy seems to infuriated the Ghanaian prodigy who took to Facebook to announce his decision to leave.

Atsu has been locked in a contract wrangle with Porto all summer, with the club keen to tie down the Ghana international to a new deal and increase his buy-out clause.

However, the 21-year-old has refused all offers from the club as he seeks to win a move away from Porto.

Atsu was left out of Porto’s pre-season tour of Holland and the club have decided to flog the winger to their junior team which lad led Ghanaian to announce his decision to leave.

“I apologize to all the supporters for my decision, never planned to leave the club, but the truth is that I need a change of place to achieve my dreams,” Atsu said on Facebook.

Liverpool have been strongly linked with a move for Atsu, but Tottenham and Everton are now actively monitoring the player’s situation at Estadio do Dragao.

Porto have decided to cash in on Atsu this summer rather than lose him on a free transfer in a year’s time and the news has alerted the African’s suitors.

http://www.ghanasoccernet.com/ghana-star-christian-atsu-announces-decision-to-leave-porto-liverpool-tottenham-on-alert/

Back