• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Chris Ramsey

Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

http://archive.mehstg.com/fact_ramsey_chris.htm

A former First Division footballer with Brighton & Hove Albion, Chris Ramsey became a very well regarded coach in the game.

A leggy, quick defender in his day, Chris started his career as an apprentice at Bristol City, before moving to the Goldstone ground in 1980, spending five years there. His time with the Seagulls featured an FA Cup final and a replay appearance against Manchester United in 1983. After Brighton, Ramsey moved to play for Swindon Town (where the team were promoted twice), Southend United and then moved abroad to play, coach and manage at Naaxas Lions in Malta (two promotions and a cup final appearance) and Cocoa Expos in the US.

Returning to England, he joined Leyton Orient as a youth development officer before Chris took up a post with the FA as a Regional Director for London and the South East in 1989. He joined the England coaching set-up and was Head Coach of the England Under-20s and assistant coach with the Under-15s, Under-16s and Under-18s. Chris guided the Under 20s to the FIFA Under-20 World Cup finals in Nigeria in 1999 and was assistant coach for the Under-16s in their European Championship finals in Israel in 2000.

From there Chris took over as Assistant Manager at Luton Town in 2000, before heading West to the US again to become Head Coach at Charleston Battery the following year and within two years he had taken them to become National Champions.

In 2005, Ramsey returned to England once more and joined the Spurs as the Assistant Academy Manager with responsibility as Head of Development for the Under-9s to the Under-16s. His work with the youngsters was rewarded in April 2010 and he was appointed to post of Assistant Technical Co-ordinator, under Tim Sherwood.

Re: ITK Thread

Who: Storts
Where: COYS
When: 14th May

Ramsey and Les going, not sure on Freund currently, think he will be staying

This is a big shame.... Ramsey is a very progressive and forward thinking coach and has played a big part in us getting more youngsters through to first team football in the last few years. I would hoping he would perhaps get the old under 21 job that Sherwood had (still in effect a promotion compared to his role before AVB left).

This is a big shame.... Ramsey is a very progressive and forward thinking coach and has played a big part in us getting more youngsters through to first team football in the last few years. I would hoping he would perhaps get the old under 21 job that Sherwood had (still in effect a promotion compared to his role before AVB left).

Without meaning to be aggressive in this challenge, where does that view come from?

I'm just a bit cynical about whether it might be from the same Sherwood self-publicity machine that created the myth of Timmeh being 'the next Guardiola'. I know he's an FA coaching badge assessor, but also know that in most professions it's not the hardest thing in the world to become a peer-reviewer (volunteering tends to do the job).

McDermott knows the academy well, and I'm sure he'll ask to retain Ramsey if he wants him (in contrast to open recruitment or promoting Bradly Allen up from the U16s - which was Ramsey's job before Inglethorpe got poached and everyone shuffled up one age group).

Without meaning to be aggressive in this challenge, where does that view come from?

I'm just a bit cynical about whether it might be from the same Sherwood self-publicity machine that created the myth of Timmeh being 'the next Guardiola'. I know he's an FA coaching badge assessor, but also know that in most professions it's not the hardest thing in the world to become a peer-reviewer (volunteering tends to do the job).

McDermott knows the academy well, and I'm sure he'll ask to retain Ramsey if he wants him (in contrast to open recruitment or promoting Bradly Allen up from the U16s - which was Ramsey's job before Inglethorpe got poached and everyone shuffled up one age group).

The view is my own one that I have formed from personally speaking to Chris, talking about his methods and also from watching him coach. Additionally it comes from feedback from other more junior coaches at Spurs and lastly from a few players who have been coached by him. Is that good enough?!? For info Chris Ramsey is anything but a 'self-publicity machine'.

Now without meaning to be aggressive in my challenge - where does your view of Sherwood creating a myth of him being 'the next Guardiola' come from?!?

The view is my own one that I have formed from personally speaking to Chris, talking about his methods and also from watching him coach. Additionally it comes from feedback from other more junior coaches at Spurs and lastly from a few players who have been coached by him. Is that good enough?!? For info Chris Ramsey is anything but a 'self-publicity machine'.

Now without meaning to be aggressive in my challenge - where does your view of Sherwood creating a myth of him being 'the next Guardiola' come from?!?

I wouldn't get to upset with gutter boys views, despite him displaying absolute assurance of his opinions he rarely (possibly never gets things right at least when it comes to football ;).... Serious relegation fears come to mind along with a long list of anti prophetic statements. But he won't change

Never backs anything up never answers any questions either. Just spouts vile to whoever he decides doesn't like.

what will you think of levy if he sacks Ramsey? would you still consider Levy to be doing a good job.

I hate Levy.

i dont think Levy will sack him, its more likely Sherwood and Ferdinand will ask him if he wants to join them wherever they end up managing. It seems the 3 of them are very close

i can understand tim and his willing sidekick les going, but chris ramsey seems to have a different skillset/role altogether; how would we know if the next coach has someone to bring in, or are we just throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

CR is a very well liked guy around the place and very forward thinking. It is a shame he is leaving. Our loss IMO.

CR is a very well liked guy around the place and very forward thinking. It is a shame he is leaving. Our loss IMO.

Has this been confirmed? I haven't seen anything other than he was due in for a meeting yesterday.

Hope we hang on to him, has been talked about before as someone that's highly rated within the club too.

I suppose the problem might be that someone like Sherwood could offer him a higher profile job than we perhaps can under whoever our new manager is.

We might have to wait till the new man takes over, he might change who does what, and also decides who he keeps.

I wouldn't get to upset with gutter boys views, despite him displaying absolute assurance of his opinions he rarely (possibly never gets things right at least when it comes to football ;).... Serious relegation fears come to mind along with a long list of anti prophetic statements. But he won't change

100% accurate.

Back