• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Chess World Championship

Last nights game was a cracker! Some wild play by Carlsen, trying to trick Caruana. His pawn to b5 was genius, but Caruana avoided the trap of taking that pawn with an an-passang move.
I honestly don't know if this is an Alan Partridge style skit, or genuine comment.

Pleasantly surprised to see this thread dragged back up the board. Disappointed Carlsen didn't push for a win in the last game given the time position. It has been reasonably interesting in so much as 12 draws can be.

Now they get to play for £500,000 each in four games of rapid chess tiebreaker - which seems like a reasonable hourly rate.

Assuming that it doesn't go to the blitz games - or the possibly inappropriately titled Armageddon decider. (As I understand it there are no nukes involved, although I may have misread the rules. Now that would be entertaining, but not good for London.)

Pleasantly surprised to see this thread dragged back up the board. Disappointed Carlsen didn't push for a win in the last game given the time position. It has been reasonably interesting in so much as 12 draws can be.

Now they get to play for £500,000 each in four games of rapid chess tiebreaker - which seems like a reasonable hourly rate.

Assuming that it doesn't go to the blitz games - or the possibly inappropriately titled Armageddon decider. (As I understand it there are no nukes involved, although I may have misread the rules. Now that would be entertaining, but not good for London.)

I've enjoyed the games. Although draws they've been interesting ones. Can't blame Carlsen too much for easing off in the final game, he's that much better in the rapid games, he wasn't going to go out on a limb. Is the rapid game tomorrow? Is each one played on different days?

I've enjoyed the games. Although draws they've been interesting ones. Can't blame Carlsen too much for easing off in the final game, he's that much better in the rapid games, he wasn't going to go out on a limb. Is the rapid game tomorrow? Is each one played on different days?

It's all tomorrow. Rapid - then blitz if no result -and then Armageddon. KO 3pm. Would expect Carlsen to win in the rapids.

It's all tomorrow. Rapid - then blitz if no result -and then Armageddon. KO 3pm. Would expect Carlsen to win in the rapids.

So we'll find out who the World Champ is today! Recomend tuning in for anyone slightly interested, should be more 'action' and immediate than the normal length games! Some good streams with Grand Masters explaining whats going on, on chess.com and chess24.com

Nice warm up to the Milan game!

So we'll find out who the World Champ is today! Recomend tuning in for anyone slightly interested, should be more 'action' and immediate than the normal length games! Some good streams with Grand Masters explaining whats going on, on chess.com and chess24.com

Nice warm up to the Milan game!
Except that with rapid and especially blitz, there is now way you manage to keep up with the game. Suddenly it's check mate, and you have no idea how! Hahaha.
I enjoy the regular chess, as I can follow it, and try to figure out what moves might be good.

Except that with rapid and especially blitz, there is now way you manage to keep up with the game. Suddenly it's check mate, and you have no idea how! Hahaha.
I enjoy the regular chess, as I can follow it, and try to figure out what moves might be good.

Still some time for them to explain whats going on!

No doubt about that one. When they have to think themselves, instead of just going through their preparations, Carlsen is just massively superior. Absolutely crushed Caruana.

Been playing chess while there is no sport.

Will try to watch the Candidates Tournament next week. One of the few 'sporting' events that won't be called off. If you can call fellas frowning at a wooden board sport. It will decide who gets to challenge Carlsen for Grand Master.

Problem with top-top-top level chess is they don't take risks. Their level is so high any weakness is punished. It leads to symmetrical positions and draws - not as exciting as inferior chess. Still, it is something to watch, and try and follow :)

This Candidates tournament is like the World Cup effectively, to see who plays in the final. To see who will face off with the World Champion.

Back