• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cheatski are still scum

I think CAS will allow a delay, even though that largely negates the effectiveness of the ban. They will take follow the requirement that due process doesn't punish anyone before the legal process is complete.

I wonder if UEFA could give longer bans with some provision that it would be shortened for good behaviour (i.e. not appealing to CAS).

Given Hazard has made his decision whether to stay or go, but not been public about it, you can only assume that it is not that he's definitely staying

"Yes. A couple of weeks ago. Yes I have made my decision but it is not just about me," said Hazard. "I have made my decision, that's it."

I assume he's said that it one of [insert list] of clubs goes in for him, then he'd like to leave (ideally to Real). It cant just be about money, as they'd have paid whatever he's after

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48248140
Yeah you'd think if Hazard said I definitely want to stay at Chelsea, the club would be shouting that from the rooftops.

I think CAS will allow a delay, even though that largely negates the effectiveness of the ban. They will take follow the requirement that due process doesn't punish anyone before the legal process is complete.

I wonder if UEFA could give longer bans with some provision that it would be shortened for good behaviour (i.e. not appealing to CAS).
Thought similar myself.

Not that I'm too worried, their transfer strategy leaves a lot to be desired.

Roma and Milan pursue Sarri deal
Serie A clubs are already lining up to sign Maurizio Sarri.

The Chelsea boss is edging closer to the sack after a mixed first season at Stamford Bridge.

Despite the turnaround in fortunes, Sarri oversaw a crushing period for Chelsea which has seen him lose the faith of the fans - and his future is not secure as a result.

Roma and AC Milan are both ready to make Sarri an offer and bring him back to Italy.

It is believed that Roma are especially keen on the former Napoli boss and are pushing hard to get a deal done.

crazy that they'd play a friendly this week

Apparently it is part of a “say no to antisemitism” campaign and raised over $4m but not sure their Combat 18 lot will be too happy about losing a key midfielder ahead of a final.

Probably betrays the fact they didnt think they would be in line for any cup finals...

Hopefully the Goons have some friendlies lined up!

Providing your players are careful I don't think it's such a bad idea, these finals are so long after our season and just playing against the same blokes all the time can make you stale.

by all means, an in house, everyone knows what its for, friendly is fine, necessary, I'm sure we'll play a couple before the CL final, but chelsea didn't do that, they scheduled a public game that both sides tried to win, the line of acceptable risk was clearly in a different place

it's terrible for the kid as he may lose a year of his career

obviously, injury can happen at any time, but this friendly was ill advised

by all means, an in house, everyone knows what its for, friendly is fine, necessary, I'm sure we'll play a couple before the CL final, but chelsea didn't do that, they scheduled a public game that both sides tried to win, the line of acceptable risk was clearly in a different place

it's terrible for the kid as he may lose a year of his career

obviously, injury can happen at any time, but this friendly was ill advised
2 snapped Achilles for them in a couple of weeks and both promising youngsters.

Chelsea appeal FIFA transfer ban to Court of Arbitration for Sport
Last Updated: 07/06/19 9:34am

Chelsea have appealed against their two-window transfer ban imposed by FIFA to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

The Europa League champions were sanctioned in February for breaching rules regarding the signing of U18 foreign players, but were unsuccessful in their appeal to FIFA in May.

In response, Chelsea said they would contest the decision of FIFA's appeal committee and CAS has now received their appeal. No timeline for its consideration has been set.

"The appeal is directed against the FIFA Appeal Committee decision dated 11 April 2019 in which CFC was declared liable for violations of the FIFA Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players and banned from registering
new players, nationally and internationally, for two entire and consecutive registration periods," the CAS statement read.

In January 2016, Atletico and Real Madrid were put under a similar transfer embargo by FIFA but were able to sign players in the following window because their appeals to CAS had not been heard at that stage.

Back