• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

cHARLIE aUSTIN

We don't need a fox in the box (Soldado does that)

We need some pace and directness breaking with the ball - I don't think Austin excels in either of them.

Like Burnley and Ings, there's also no way QPR would sell their only hope of avoiding relegation for anything but an obscene fee.

We need some pace and directness breaking with the ball - I don't think Austin excels in either of them.

Like Burnley and Ings, there's also no way QPR would sell their only hope of avoiding relegation for anything but an obscene fee.

This ..

I thought it interesting that Jenas wouldn't pay him a bigger complement than 'he works really hard in training'.

At the moment I just have a sneaky suspicion he might be this season's Grant Holt, rather than this season's Ricky Lambert

This.

I can't see a thread for Charlie Austin. So here goes.

Charlie Austin will be 26 years old in July . If we sign him now, we will see his best years as a footballer. He is a goal scoring machine, and whilst most of his goals were at the lower levels, his 18 goals scored for a relegated team in the premier league last season, is quite a feat and his signing should be seriously considered.

Years Team Apps (Gls)
2006–2007 Kintbury Rangers 27 (20)
2007–2008 Hungerford Town 30 (5)
2008 Thatcham Town 0 (0)
2008–2009 Poole Town 42 (48)
2009–2011 Swindon Town 54 (31)
2011–2013 Burnley 82 (41)
2013– Queens Park Rangers 66 (35)

Here's 100 goals scored by Charlie Austin

Here's his premier league goals from last season to around January.

Rather than Benteke at £30m...I think we should go for Charlie Austin and meet QPR's asking price of £15m .

At that kind of money, I rate him a buy.

I'm slightly worried by his goal record for Thatcham Town.... ;)

I have been saying all along he is a player we should be going for. I thought he was the most similar player to Harry Kane in terms of style last season.

Grant Holt, David Nugent, Darren Bent - I really think he's another one of them (not even a Rickie Lambert).

And it's not just because he's English and come from lower league, as I'm a fan of Ings and Rodriguez (because they are more technical/intelligent)

Grant Holt, David Nugent, Darren Bent - I really think he's another one of them (not even a Rickie Lambert).

And it's not just because he's English and come from lower league, as I'm a fan of Ings and Rodriguez (because they are more technical/intelligent)
But neither of which are anything like Harry Kane (who we desperately need proper cover/competition for).

Charlie Austin's style and strengths/weaknesses are nothing like Darren Bent's. I haven't watched enough of Holt or Nugent to judge him against those players however (although from your descriptions of Austin I do wonder whether you have watched him).

Also as an aside here do you think that Ings and Rodriguez are more technical/intelligent than Harry Kane?

Would be good replacement for Kane, not sure he would give us another option though. Would rather somebody with more pace unless he is the cup CF and Kane is saved for the league.

Would be good replacement for Kane, not sure he would give us another option though. Would rather somebody with more pace unless he is the cup CF and Kane is saved for the league.
My thoughts on bringing Austin in is that it would allow us to give Kane a rest, to change things if chasing a game we could also bring on Austin and drop Kane into the number 10 slot. I think our pacy forward option will come from a player who would normally start as a wide forward but could also play up top (i.e. Martial).

My thoughts on bringing Austin in is that it would allow us to give Kane a rest, to change things if chasing a game we could also bring on Austin and drop Kane into the number 10 slot. I think our pacy forward option will come from a player who would normally start as a wide forward but could also play up top (i.e. Martial).

For me our biggest issue is that RM, what we need is a inverted winger who is defensively sound and can help out the RB. Who also has pace and can play up front if we need to switch things around. Also probably needs to add in 10 goals a year.

Only player i can think of that is gettable is berahino but only after another 12months of Pulis giving him rockets when he doesnt chase back

For me our biggest issue is that RM, what we need is a inverted winger who is defensively sound and can help out the RB. Who also has pace and can play up front if we need to switch things around. Also probably needs to add in 10 goals a year.

Only player i can think of that is gettable is berahino but only after another 12months of Pulis giving him rockets when he doesnt chase back
That player was probably Danny Welbeck who we missed out on last summer?

But neither of which are anything like Harry Kane (who we desperately need proper cover/competition for).

Charlie Austin's style and strengths/weaknesses are nothing like Darren Bent's. I haven't watched enough of Holt or Nugent to judge him against those players however (although from your descriptions of Austin I do wonder whether you have watched him).

Also as an aside here do you think that Ings and Rodriguez are more technical/intelligent than Harry Kane?

Sorry - I didn't mean Ings or Rodriguez for Kane's cover - I'd wanted both of them as LWF. I just meant I wasn't down on Austin simply because he was from lower leagues.

I mainly think Austin lacks awareness and intelligence in his running. I don't think he could link-up play in the way Kane does. He's just head-down and direct - an old-fashioned fox-in-the-box. He's obviously stronger than Soldado, but I don't think he'd be able to get on the same wavelength as Eriksen and co., like Solado actually can.

I think Kane's superior movement and ability to play with his back to goal gives him the edge, but then I see the other two as WFs and their job is to be more direct.

Austin will take up a defender, but he won't contribute to our wider play in the way Kane does. It would almost be like bringing Defoe on for Keane - you keep your goal threat, but the midfield suddenly has to take up a lot of extra work.

My preference would be to go for two pacy wide forwards - say Martial and Werner - who can both play WF and cover CF. That gives us flexibility across the front 4, rather than having a Vorm for Kane.

Sorry - I didn't mean Ings or Rodriguez for Kane's cover - I'd wanted both of them as LWF. I just meant I wasn't down on Austin simply because he was from lower leagues.

I mainly think Austin lacks awareness and intelligence in his running. I don't think he could link-up play in the way Kane does. He's just head-down and direct - an old-fashioned fox-in-the-box. He's obviously stronger than Soldado, but I don't think he'd be able to get on the same wavelength as Eriksen and co., like Solado actually can.

I think Kane's superior movement and ability to play with his back to goal gives him the edge, but then I see the other two as WFs and their job is to be more direct.

Austin will take up a defender, but he won't contribute to our wider play in the way Kane does. It would almost be like bringing Defoe on for Keane - you keep your goal threat, but the midfield suddenly has to take up a lot of extra work.

My preference would be to go for two pacy wide forwards - say Martial and Werner - who can both play WF and cover CF. That gives us flexibility across the front 4, rather than having a Vorm for Kane.
Again - I wonder whether you watched Austin?.... I would say that his link up play is one of his strengths, he isn't a head down and direct player at all. Austin also has good ability at playing with his back to goal. Again you say Austin won't contribute to our wider play, but I saw him pull out wide very intelligently last season. His work rate was also very similar to Harry Kane's in that he didn't give defenders a moments peace when they were on the ball.

I think if you go back and watch some of Austin's performances and you'll see a player with a very similar skill set to Kane's.

Have you actually watched Werner or do you just like him because he is young and hyped?

Back