• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Chants

SpurMeUp

Jimmy Cantrell
We need to make sure NWHL is rocking! Here's a place to list the current Chants. What have I missed? Could sticky.

Wake me up before you go go, Who needs Bale when you have sissoko

We sung it in France, we sung it in Spain
We sing in the sun and we sing in the rain
They tried to stop us and look what it did
Cos the thing I love most is being a Yid
Being a Yid, being a Yid, the thing I love most is being a Yid
Being a Yid, being a Yid, the thing I love most is being a Yid

Every where we go, Every where we go, It's Tottenham boys, Making all the noise, Every where we go...

Eriksen, sen, sen.
He’s our number 23. Eriksen, sen, sen; he's a Yid like you and me.
To the left to the right, he’s our midfield Dynamite.
When he plays for the Lilywhites; He makes Özil look brick.

Tottenham till I die, I'm Tottenham till I die, I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Tottenham till I die..

For each & every player - "Shooooooooot !".

Including Hugo, when their keeper is so far out ....

.... obviously not for Sissoko, whose strengths lie elsewhere

Come on you Spurs.

Oh when the Spurs go marching in.

Glory glory hallelujah.

Sex bomb sex bomb you're a sex bomb
You can give it to me when I need to come along
Sex bomb sex bomb you're my sex bomb
And baby you can turn me on turn me on
Sex bomb sex bomb you're my sex bomb.

Oh Ledley Ledley on 26 mins.

Maybe another One Paul Gascoigne on 8?

Park Lane / Shelf side
Paxton give us a song

He’s magic you know

He’s one of our own
One season wonder

How about Levy one stadium wonder?

We got Alli

Can’t smile without you

I tried to start a thread on this but the mods turned it into a Palace OMT. No idea why. Separate things for me.

So I'll copy my post below.

As a prefix, I think all the above chants are too standard. I'd frankly be disappointed if we didn't hear renditions of these. We get most of them at Wembley FFS.

We need more if we're to make NWHL a fortress!!

>>>>

From a fans and atmosphere perspective we start at NWHL with a clean sheet so-to-speak.
A blank canvas to make the place as special and more importantly, as UNIQUE as possible!

The atmosphere will undoubtedly be a great one. Everyone is up for it.
But I'm talking about going the extra mile to ensure the place quickly becomes a fortress and intimidating for opponents come kick off.

Watching yesterday, it still always impresses me how the Kop have enormous flags and section-covering Shankly banners passed along the fans. They seem to do it without fail every game.

Dortmund similarly needs little introduction.
Their "Yellow Wall" is a thing of beauty and they've created an atmosphere for themselves like no other.
Whether it's the huge uprising image of the face before kick off, giant flags or flares. It feels like they have an identity for their stadium that the rest of Europe know about.

And we've probably also all seen videos doing the rounds of entire stands jumping in unison to the point it looks like it's going to collapse. Even teams like Besiktas and some Eastern European jobbies have some sense of intimidation for visiting teams.

Sadly, I don't feel we have anything!!!!! But Wednesday is the time to change all that.

I'm not talking about a few mini flags left on seats by the club. That's pathetic and we were laughed out of Wembley by Chelsea on opening day there for it.

Nor a drummer to force us into a chant or two when it gets quiet.

And I don't mean a stirring rendition of Ohh When The Spurs. That's standard fair for me and happens sporadically throughout a match anyway.

City have Blue Moon. Liverpool / Celtic YNWA. What have we got that really sets us apart??

If left to the club I fear it'll be some budget attempt to create an atmosphere by leaving out coloured squares on each seat to hold up.

...So I guess this is a call to arms for all those attending Weds or for the remaining home games.
What have we got up our sleeves??

We need to get this right from the very off, otherwise the novelty will quickly wear off and we'll fall into the same trap as Arsenal... A lifeless, souless place with no identity. Or worse, West Ham with some novelty bubble-blowing-esque trick.

Sure, we'll sing the usual numbers throughout the game, but what about for when the players walk out. Something that will make them go "fudge me, we've got a right mob here to impress!!" Maybe our own efforts will transcend onto the pitch to the players?

Can we bring "Can't Smile Without You" to the fore? I always think this is a great number yet so few fans sing it. Seems to be left to the away games. It's a start.

Have any STHs in a group got themselves some huge banner created to unveil?? Something we'll see every home game? I hear "The White Wall" banded about in the press, but that'll only work if we make it bigger and better once full.

Bring the ideas here. Serious ones mind. But BIG fudging IDEAS! The kind that can change everyone's view of Spurs and helps to create a legacy for the stadium going forward. It looks fantastic, everyone inside and outside of the club have acknowledged such. But it needs us to take it to the next level starting Wednesday.

We have one chance to get it right.

Sadly, I don't feel we have anything!!!!! But Wednesday is the time to change all that.

I'm not talking about a few mini flags left on seats by the club. That's pathetic and we were laughed out of Wembley by Chelsea on opening day there for it.

And I don't mean a stirring rendition of Ohh When The Spurs. That's standard fair for me and happens sporadically throughout a match anyway.

If left to the club I fear it'll be some budget attempt to create an atmosphere by leaving out coloured squares on each seat to hold up.

And from the Official site...

We ask that fans are in their seats for the match no later than 30 minutes before kick-off for the start of the ceremony itself – all fans, home and away, will find a flag in their club colours located on their seats.

Ohh FFS, how pathetic. Bloody small time.

And from the Official site...

We ask that fans are in their seats for the match no later than 30 minutes before kick-off for the start of the ceremony itself – all fans, home and away, will find a flag in their club colours located on their seats.

Ohh FFS, how pathetic. Bloody small time.

Very "Huddersfield ". Serious relegation fears :eek:

Sadly, I wont be there tonight but the song I would want to sing as the players come out is....

We are Tottenham, We are Tottenham, we are Tottenham from the lane...

We are Tottenham, Super Tottenham , We are Tottenham from the lane...

Back at home...COYS

I tried to start a thread on this but the mods turned it into a Palace OMT. No idea why. Separate things for me.

So I'll copy my post below.

As a prefix, I think all the above chants are too standard. I'd frankly be disappointed if we didn't hear renditions of these. We get most of them at Wembley FFS.

We need more if we're to make NWHL a fortress!!

>>>>

From a fans and atmosphere perspective we start at NWHL with a clean sheet so-to-speak.
A blank canvas to make the place as special and more importantly, as UNIQUE as possible!

The atmosphere will undoubtedly be a great one. Everyone is up for it.
But I'm talking about going the extra mile to ensure the place quickly becomes a fortress and intimidating for opponents come kick off.

Watching yesterday, it still always impresses me how the Kop have enormous flags and section-covering Shankly banners passed along the fans. They seem to do it without fail every game.

Dortmund similarly needs little introduction.
Their "Yellow Wall" is a thing of beauty and they've created an atmosphere for themselves like no other.
Whether it's the huge uprising image of the face before kick off, giant flags or flares. It feels like they have an identity for their stadium that the rest of Europe know about.

And we've probably also all seen videos doing the rounds of entire stands jumping in unison to the point it looks like it's going to collapse. Even teams like Besiktas and some Eastern European jobbies have some sense of intimidation for visiting teams.

Nor a drummer to force us into a chant or two when it gets quiet.

City have Blue Moon. Liverpool / Celtic YNWA. What have we got that really sets us apart??

...So I guess this is a call to arms for all those attending Weds or for the remaining home games.
What have we got up our sleeves??

We need to get this right from the very off, otherwise the novelty will quickly wear off and we'll fall into the same trap as Arsenal... A lifeless, souless place with no identity. Or worse, West Ham with some novelty bubble-blowing-esque trick.

Sure, we'll sing the usual numbers throughout the game, but what about for when the players walk out. Something that will make them go "fudge me, we've got a right mob here to impress!!" Maybe our own efforts will transcend onto the pitch to the players?

Can we bring "Can't Smile Without You" to the fore? I always think this is a great number yet so few fans sing it. Seems to be left to the away games. It's a start.

Have any STHs in a group got themselves some huge banner created to unveil?? Something we'll see every home game? I hear "The White Wall" banded about in the press, but that'll only work if we make it bigger and better once full.

Bring the ideas here. Serious ones mind. But BIG fudging IDEAS! The kind that can change everyone's view of Spurs and helps to create a legacy for the stadium going forward. It looks fantastic, everyone inside and outside of the club have acknowledged such. But it needs us to take it to the next level starting Wednesday.

They played Can't Smile Without You on the PA system before the game on Wednesday. Hopefully that will be continued so we can have that as an anthem before the games.

Also, people in the South Stand could bring a scarf each. If everybody lifts their scarves above their heads when the teams enter the field before the game, it looks good. It is not an original idea, but it works.

Was thinking the other day whatever happened to the “xxx xxxx blue and white army, clap clap clap clap; and repeat”?

Was good in the Hoddle and Jol days, could continually sing it for 10/20 minutes at a time, keeps the atmosphere up. Pochettino works well in it as well.

Again not very original, but I like retro anyway!

If something is going to work I feel it’s better if it’s not contrived. I missed the original walk out music and as much as I like ‘can’t smile’ they played it just before the whistle any hope of it carrying was lost because people wanted to cheer the kick off.

The scarves / flags / banners is great for those who want to do it but I think it’s something that needs to grow organically as we bed in as fans. Was it an urban myth or did the Goon give out song sheets to home fans??

I remember seeing those song sheets posted online - think they were put together by a supporters group rather than the club itself.

Not a fan of CSWY either, not sure why it has become a Spurs song, dreary brick

I remember seeing those song sheets posted online - think they were put together by a supporters group rather than the club itself.

I agree, it's got negative overtones; we'll support you even though you're brick. Hardly the song of champions.

It was a song sung years ago on coach trips to away games. Remember hearing it on the last game of the season in the Paxton upper in the early 90’s by about 30 blokes, seemed like the whole stadium went quiet to listen to the rendition then gave a standing ovation at the end!

It’s as much Spurs tradition now as Mcnamara’s Band.

In the words of Louis Walsh, I lyke it!

Back