• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Championship and EFL Football

Sacked within two years.

Could say that about any appointment, at any club, and probably be right near every time!

I find Monk to be an awful character, a snarling, snidey, snakey sort - but he is a decent manager. Sheff Wed have a decent squad, have potential, so if he can get the wheels turning there it could be an interesting appointment.

Could say that about any appointment, at any club, and probably be right near every time!

I find Monk to be an awful character, a snarling, snidey, snakey sort - but he is a decent manager. Sheff Wed have a decent squad, have potential, so if he can get the wheels turning there it could be an interesting appointment.

I don't think they have enough money to buy promotion and he's not as good a coach as he probably thinks he is. Both parties are probably going into this with unrealistic expectations. He'll either walk claiming a lack of backing or they'll sack him after he fails to get them promoted and starts next season without any clear signs of improvement.

He did an excellent job at Brum under very tight limitations, so I think its fair to say he is a very decent coach.

And whatever Wednesday spend will be a significant increase on that!

Otherwise I think they are play off potential, and both parties would be happy if it came to that

Footballs abit of a filthy game

Racists get short punishments and drunk drivers who really could kill someone get in the squad days after.

Money over doing the right thing. Terrible messages sent out by the game an no one seems to care.

Richard Keogh: Derby County sack captain for 'gross misconduct'

Derby County have sacked captain Richard Keogh for gross misconduct over his involvement in a crash that led to the arrest of two of his team-mates.

Keogh, 33, sustained knee ligament damage and was ruled out for up to 15 months after Tom Lawrence crashed into a lamppost last month.

Midfielder Lawrence and Rams forward Mason Bennett both later pleaded guilty to drink-driving.

Keogh made 356 appearances for the Rams after joining from Coventry in 2012.

The Championship club said in a statement that they had "completed the disciplinary hearing regarding Richard Keogh in respect of his involvement in the events of Tuesday, 24 September" and that his contract had been "terminated with immediate effect".

"As we have said from the outset, the club will not tolerate any of its players or staff behaving in a manner which puts themselves, their colleagues, and members of the general public at risk of injury or worse, or which brings the club into disrepute," they said.

The Republic of Ireland international, who was contracted to Derby until the end of June 2021, has 14 days to appeal against the decision.

Bennett and Lawrence were fined six weeks' wages by the club, while Derby magistrates' court ordered the players to carry out 180 hours of unpaid work, gave them a 12-month community order and banned them from driving for two years.

He was in the back, and badly injured from the accident. Why does he get the sack and they get a fine?

Have to admit I dont know the details of the event, but it seems unfair on the face of it.

Richard Keogh: Derby County sack captain for 'gross misconduct'

Derby County have sacked captain Richard Keogh for gross misconduct over his involvement in a crash that led to the arrest of two of his team-mates.

Keogh, 33, sustained knee ligament damage and was ruled out for up to 15 months after Tom Lawrence crashed into a lamppost last month.

Midfielder Lawrence and Rams forward Mason Bennett both later pleaded guilty to drink-driving.

Keogh made 356 appearances for the Rams after joining from Coventry in 2012.

The Championship club said in a statement that they had "completed the disciplinary hearing regarding Richard Keogh in respect of his involvement in the events of Tuesday, 24 September" and that his contract had been "terminated with immediate effect".

"As we have said from the outset, the club will not tolerate any of its players or staff behaving in a manner which puts themselves, their colleagues, and members of the general public at risk of injury or worse, or which brings the club into disrepute," they said.

The Republic of Ireland international, who was contracted to Derby until the end of June 2021, has 14 days to appeal against the decision.

Bennett and Lawrence were fined six weeks' wages by the club, while Derby magistrates' court ordered the players to carry out 180 hours of unpaid work, gave them a 12-month community order and banned them from driving for two years.

He was in the back, and badly injured from the accident. Why does he get the sack and they get a fine?

Have to admit I dont know the details of the event, but it seems unfair on the face of it.

I read that he was offered the opportunity to stay on at the club but on reduced wages. He did not accept, leading the club to end his contract.
I guess through his actions he has made himself unavailable to play (although not driving himself, he was part of the group that were drinking and got in one of the cars).

9 points from their last 9 games for Leeds. Have their annual collapse finally started?

League One clubs have followed the suit of their League Two counterparts in voting to curtail the current campaign, the EFL has announced.

Clubs opted to use a framework for ending the season put forward by the English Football League board, which meant the final table would be calculated using an unweighted points-per game basis.

The framework retained promotion, relegation and the traditional four-team play-offs.

As a result, Coventry and Rotherham have been promoted to the Championship, while Wycombe, Oxford, Portsmouth and Fleetwood will contest the play-offs, with the dates for those matches to be fixed in due course.

Tranmere – who had proposed an alternative framework to the one chosen by the clubs – have been relegated to League Two, along with Southend and Bolton.

The decision from League One clubs follows a similar decision by League Two clubs, with Forest Green Rovers the only fourth-tier side to vote against the work.

In League Two, Swindon have been confirmed as champions with Crewe and Plymouth also promoted.

Cheltenham, Exeter, Colchester and Northampton will contest the play-offs with the first games on June 18.

The bottom team is still to be decided with Stevenage currently on the foot of the table but second-bottom Macclesfield facing a potential points deduction, while relegation will only be ratified if National League can give assurances that its competition will go ahead.

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/coventry-rotherham-promoted-league-one-season-ends

Back