1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

Championship and EFL Football

Discussion in 'General Football' started by Jordinho, 16 Feb 2014.

1. nayimfromthehalfwayline

nayimfromthehalfwayline Cecil Poynton

Honestly I dont think they will get past Villa (of course, you never know), but was going to post similar.

All their best players are loanees. A dangerous position to be in when getting promoted.

There are limits on loans in the PL too, so it may even be they cant just loan them again.

I think Lampard has done very well this season, Ive been impressed, but I still feel he needs to prove himself some and am not convinced he is ready for the PL.

Madness really, saw on one of the gossip columns (BBC I think) that CHelsea want him to replace Sarri!

2. Glenda's Legs

Glenda's Legs Simon Davies

Terrible behaviour.
    I can understand why one of the Sunderland players lashes out at the neanderthal.
    I'm glad it was captured by the cameras and trust Portsmouth will do the necessary.

3. monkeybarry

monkeybarry Dean Richards

Perfect response from the Sunderland player;

"I've seen my little cousin hit harder than that, so not a problem with that."

Just made an absolute mug out of the guy. Took away his "bragging rights".

4. ricky2tricky4city

ricky2tricky4city Vedran Corluka

Great game Charlton v Doncaster

5. jts1882

jts1882 Mitchell Thomas

More comebacks. Charlton scored early making it 3-1 on aggregate, then found themselves 3-4 down in extra time.

6. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL John Lacy

If only Son had responded to Lerma’s provocation in a similarly calm manner.

7. markysimmo

markysimmo Johnny nice-tits

No pressure !!

The Sky Bet Championship play-off final between Aston Villa and Derby on May 27 is worth approximately £170m for the winners

8. jts1882

jts1882 Mitchell Thomas

I know they like to claim that but its a bit misleading. They have to spend money on transfers and wages to try and stay up and if they don't do it well they can get relegated with overpaid players and be worse off than they were.

Also for a number of the players promotion could lose them their starting spots. All that money will be spent on new and supposedly better players. Fortunately for the club and fans most footballers overestimate their abilities and don't think this will happen to them.

9. the dza

the dza Christian Ziege

They faded quite badly in the 2nd half of the season -- I thought that might happen due to Bielsa's style, it's not sustainable over the course of a Championship season. On the first half of the season, they'd have got promotion automatically, 2nd half let them down.

1st half - P23 W14 D6 L3 ppg 2.08
    2nd half - P23 W11 D2 L10 ppg 1.52

Overall ppg for 1st place Norwich was 2.04

1.52 ppg over the season was 8th.

SteveAWOL likes this.
  10. jts1882

jts1882 Mitchell Thomas

Looks a bit like our season. I think it was 45pts and 25pts, which is a bigger fall off than Leeds (2.37 to 1.32ppg).

MKSpur and SteveAWOL like this.