• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Championship and EFL Football

Leeds blowing it yet again, they really have bottled it the past month or so, mind you Norwich are the draw kings now it seems

Last edited:
Sheffield United just need one more win, or another Leeds loss because of their superior GD, from the final two rounds to secure promotion.

Leeds, West Brom, Villa and one other to the playoffs. Derby go to Bristol City next and both have a game in hand, so you'd bet on it being one of them. Middlesbrough have two bottom five teams left, but will need some help.

Leeds have bottled this season badly. They were free and clear at the top for long periods.

Now it's the lottery of the playoffs as Sheffield swoop in, possibly to steal the whole league as Norwich are looking shaky too. At least they're managing to draw though.

Wonder if Grealish will take the prem by storm next year like Brooks and Maddison have done this year.

Never got the hatred for Grealish on here.

Didn't take it by storm last time he was there, no more likely to second time around. He's 24 now and an overrated show pony.

Give me Brooks over those two pricks every day of the week. 21 and Poch can mould him more easily.

Didn't take it by storm last time he was there, no more likely to second time around. He's 24 now and an overrated show pony.

Give me Brooks over those two pricks every day of the week. 21 and Poch can mould him more easily.

Do you think the is a chance he might just have grown into himself and now feels more comfortable on the pitch. Not saying this is true, but the fact we were trying to sign him says to me Poch clearly likes him. As someone said the other day it took a few years before we saw Dembele turn into the player he became. I would say that Grealish seems to add something to Villa and has played at a higher level than Brooks or Maddisson did in the championship.

Not saying he is the answer, but we are constantly linked with him, we did try to sign him and I really dont get the hatred for the guy.

Sheff U winning means Leeds can't get automatic promotion unless they overcome a huge difference in GD.

Do you think the is a chance he might just have grown into himself and now feels more comfortable on the pitch. Not saying this is true, but the fact we were trying to sign him says to me Poch clearly likes him. As someone said the other day it took a few years before we saw Dembele turn into the player he became. I would say that Grealish seems to add something to Villa and has played at a higher level than Brooks or Maddisson did in the championship.

Not saying he is the answer, but we are constantly linked with him, we did try to sign him and I really dont get the hatred for the guy.
He’s 23 and last time he was playing in the PL he was 19-20. At that age he’d already got both assists for Villa in their FA cup semi final victory vs Liverpool and was getting rave reviews his potential was obvious. He’s more than a show pony, he has end product with goals and assists and there was a star recently that he is the most fouled player in the Championship. He belongs in the PL and if Villa don’t get promoted or maybe even if they do I’m sure we will be in for him again.....

When Mateusz Klich put Leeds ahead in the 72nd minute, it sparked a tirade of anger from the whole of the Aston Villa team and their coaching staff over the home team’s refusal to put the ball out of play with Villa striker Jonathan Kodjia lying injured in the centre of the pitch.

Tyler Roberts had the chance to do it but played it to Klich, whose goal was greeted with him being grabbed around the neck by Conor Hourihane.

Pushing and shoving was widespread with everyone except Kodjia involved while Anwar El Ghazi was eventually sent off for raising a hand to Leeds’ Patrick Bamford, who was also booked along with Hourihane as referee Stuart Attwell struggled to get a grip on what was going on around him.

There was furious discussion on the sidelines with gesturing and finger-pointing in equal measure with Leeds manager Marcelo Bielsa and Villa assistant John Terry right at the heart of it.

But when the game restarted, Villa substitute Albert Adomah was allowed to run through and equalise, even if centre-half Pontus Jansson did not seem to be in favour as he made an effort to stop him.

Sheff U winning means Leeds can't get automatic promotion unless they overcome a huge difference in GD.

It's great that Sheff U have gone up. They are a decent side, 100% homegrown, and have some real Roy of the Rovers stories in Chris Wilder and Billy Sharp. 2nd promotion in 3 seasons too.

Sharp could certainly do a Glenn Murray in the EPL, Paul Coutts has been the best playmaker in the championship for the past couple of seasons (although disrupted by a broken leg) and Oliver Norwood is a midfield powerhouse.

I'm not sure they will stay up, but they'll give it a good fight

It's great that Sheff U have gone up. They are a decent side, 400% homegrown, and have some real Roy of the Rovers stories in Chris Wilder and Billy Sharp. 2nd promotion in 3 seasons too.

Sharp could certainly do a Glenn Murray in the EPL, Paul Coutts has been the best playmaker in the championship for the past couple of seasons (although disrupted by a broken leg) and Oliver Norwood is a midfield powerhouse.

I'm not sure they will stay up, but they'll give it a good fight

Both Sheffield U and Norwich play decent football, but that just means they're both going straight back down.

Playing on is one thing, but the way the Leeds player pretended to be about to put the ball out and then passed was underhand. The old Leeds were back.

Nice from Bielsa but does he know nothing about Leeds' heritage?

Have to say it was a bizarre game and the cheating form Bamford should mean he gets the ban IMO

Back