• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Champions League thread 2013/14

Jurgen the German

Tommy Harmer
I'm going for Bayern to become the first team to win the CL in back to back seasons. Also think Dortmund will go far again, semis at least I reckon.

Re: O/T Champions League thread 2013/14

I'd have to agree with your pick for Bayern to win again. I think they're almost unstoppable. Great squad and its continuing to improve.

I think Chelsea will play them in the final. So a revenge act from Bayern.

I'm going for Bayern to become the first team to win the CL in back to back seasons. Also think Dortmund will go far again, semis at least I reckon.

I am going to stick a tenner e/w on Napoli at 50-1. Incredibly unlikely they will win it or even reach the final but with the squad they have I fancy that they could be a dark horse for a good run. Insigne and Higuan with Mertens, Inler, Hamsik, Callejon, Pandev, Cannavaro, Maggio and Pandev is a pretty impressive squad for a 4th seed.

If I was going to pick a team to win it then I have a funny feeling that Real Madrid might finally end the wait they have endured to get no.10

Napoli as a dark horse is a good shout. Juve as well might be worth a punt.

Chelsea and scum will definitely get to the knockouts but I can only see Chelsea getting to the quarters and beyond.

I back Arsenal to definitely not win it.

Its hard to see past the usual suspects really. Chelsea might be in with a shout under Mourinho this year too.

Arsenal have a tough draw in the qualifiers against Fenerbahce. Or they get a bye.

Mmm..I wonder what will happen?

It's bs if they get a bye.

If Fenerbahce is risking disqualification then the decision should be made before the draw is played so that another team can take their place.

It would be just like scum to get through on a bye. History tells me they will win anyway though, and then get a tinkle easy group as usual with Olympiakos a nailed on team in their group.

It would be just like scum to get through on a bye. History tells me they will win anyway though, and then get a tinkle easy group as usual with Olympiakos a nailed on team in their group.

I would not want to play Fenerbahce in Turkey, craziest atmosphere in Europe and Drogba in their team. He always scores against them.

Arsenal will win through comfortably, by taking the home leg by a few goals. Fenerbahce are not that good.

Re: The "Official" 2013/14 Other teams matches thread

Champions League group stage draw - Friday 29 August 4.45pm

Pot 1: Bayern Munich, Barcelona, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Manchester United, Arsenal, FC Porto, Benfica

Pot 2: Atletico Madrid, Shakhtar Donetsk, AC Milan, Schalke, Marseille, CSKA Moscow, Paris St-Germain, Juventus

Pot 3: Zenit St Petersburg, Emirates Marketing Project, Ajax Amsterdam, Borussia Dortmund, FC Basel, Olympiakos, Galatasaray, Bayer Leverkusen

Pot 4: FC Copenhagen, Napoli, Anderlecht, Celtic, Steaua Bucharest, Viktoria Plzen, Real Sociedad, Austria Vienna

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Emirates Marketing Project and ... Bayern Munich, PSG & Napoli ?

Re: The "Official" 2013/14 Other teams matches thread

Champions League group stage draw - Friday 29 August 4.45pm

Pot 1: Bayern Munich, Barcelona, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Manchester United, Arsenal, FC Porto, Benfica

Pot 2: Atletico Madrid, Shakhtar Donetsk, AC Milan, Schalke, Marseille, CSKA Moscow, Paris St-Germain, Juventus

Pot 3: Zenit St Petersburg, Emirates Marketing Project, Ajax Amsterdam, Borussia Dortmund, FC Basel, Olympiakos, Galatasaray, Bayer Leverkusen

Pot 4: FC Copenhagen, Napoli, Anderlecht, Celtic, Steaua Bucharest, Viktoria Plzen, Real Sociedad, Austria Vienna

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Emirates Marketing Project and ... Bayern Munich, PSG & Napoli ?

How are the goons still in Pot 1? There must be something wrong with the weighting as you'd have to expect all of Pot 2 to beat them over two legs. Bottom of Pot 2/Top of Pot 3 should be where they are.

Then again, if England can make it into the FIFA top 20.......

Back