• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Champions League 2020/21

I wonder what repercussions there might be from the PSG. Could United get a backdoor pass into the Last 16 with a points deduction for PSG???

???

It was the fourth official who was allegedly racist, and both teams walked off, no?

I wonder what repercussions there might be from the PSG. Could United get a backdoor pass into the Last 16 with a points deduction for PSG???
Why the fudge should PSG be punished for the 4th official being racist towards the Istanbul coach?

Great results this evening. Man U loss keeps the media fixated on another big club (besides Arsenal) in turmoil and the racism incident in Paris will command plenty of discussion in days ahead, leaving Spurs to go quietly about their business.

20 years ago I wouldn't have put it past UEFA to do that. Even 10 years ago they might have tried.

Now, I can't see it happening at all. The resulting outrage would be too much of a hit for "the brand". Oh, and also it would be wrong, but I'm not counting on UEFA to not do the wrong thing, them protecting their brand can definitely be counted on though.

20 years ago I wouldn't have put it past UEFA to do that. Even 10 years ago they might have tried.

Now, I can't see it happening at all. The resulting outrage would be too much of a hit for "the brand". Oh, and also it would be wrong, but I'm not counting on UEFA to not do the wrong thing, them protecting their brand can definitely be counted on though.
Game is being played today, with a new set of referees. 1855 CET kick off.

If Madrid go out I think they will need to change the rules. Heritage clubs get a pass to the knockout stages but can have a series of friendlies against each other while the oiks play the league matches to ensure no tv or stadium revenue is lost. Heritage clubs to be drawn apart for initial qualifying round and play 2nd leg away.
Also tv money split needs to be weighted towards said heritage clubs when ever they play.

Why the fudge should PSG be punished for the 4th official being racist towards the Istanbul coach?
I'm trying to work that one out too
Them being punished for the racism obviously wouldn't happen.

Them being punished for abandoning the match, joining in on walking out and not coming back they could theoretically get punished for. There are rules against just taking the ball and going home.

Just to be clear. Given the circumstances I think what they did was right and shouldn't be punished. I also don't think they will be punished, for reasons I gave above. But had this been done years ago I think that would have been a real possibility.

Them being punished for the racism obviously wouldn't happen.

Them being punished for abandoning the match, joining in on walking out and not coming back they could theoretically get punished for. There are rules against just taking the ball and going home.

Just to be clear. Given the circumstances I think what they did was right and shouldn't be punished. I also don't think they will be punished, for reasons I gave above. But had this been done years ago I think that would have been a real possibility.
Were PSG meant to play without the other team on the pitch? It was Istanbul, led by Demba Ba that decided not to play.
Under which circumstances could PSG in any way be punished for the opponent refusing to play?

There's a few interesting games tonight. Ajax host Atalanta, and need a win to progress.
Similar, Real Madrid have to beat BM Gladbach, or they will drop to the EL, and Inter might squeeze through if they beat Shaktar and BMG beat Real Madrid.

Were PSG meant to play without the other team on the pitch? It was Istanbul, led by Demba Ba that decided not to play.
Under which circumstances could PSG in any way be punished for the opponent refusing to play?
Well they obviously couldn't have played on. But they walked off too, I'm assuming they weren't told to do that by the referee. I think that could be punished.

The circumstances they could be punished in would be circumstances with an inept organisation lacking both in sensitivity and common sense. One willing to punish anything that could be seen as dangerous to the cash flow of the organisation.

I think all those are true. Though the financial incentives are in this situation now more aligned with decency and common sense than they would have been before.

OMG!!!

Inter bring on Sanchez in the final 15 mins. On a 90th minute corner, the outswinger is met with a vicious header from the Chilean that looks unstoppable.

Until it rockets into the big head of Romelu Lukaku standing in the way. And offside, too.

Eriksen looks, well, balder.

So Shaktar won twice against Real Madrid and got two draws against Inter, but finished third behind Mönchengladbach on head to head after losing 0-10 over two matches against them.

Back