• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Champions League 2018/19

Could you imagine this ever happening in the prem?!

Ajax get Champions League boost as Eredivisie games postponed
AMSTERDAM (Reuters) - Ajax Amsterdam’s Champions League hopes got a boost on Thursday when the Dutch FA said Eredivisie fixtures on the weekend before the semi-final first leg at Tottenham Hotspur will be postponed.

Ajax were due to play relegation-threatened De Graafschap on April 28, two days before the trip to Spurs, but the Dutch FA plan to rearrange all games in the penultimate round of fixtures.

The regular Dutch league season will be extended to May 15.

Wouldnt it be nice if our FA were as supportive?

Wouldnt it be nice if our FA were as supportive?
I’d say yes but on the flip side I’d be pretty tinkled off having a game I was attending rearranged to help another teams quest for CL, or if this give an opponent an extra week to recover domestically. I think ultimately sky and the premier league can do what they want with the fixtures, maybe if they had the rights to the CL too they’d see an opportunity to extend the seasons coverage and come up with something.
It’s a shame but football is so tribal for me I don’t want a prem team other than us to win it, ditto the Europa which I genuinely think will become a competition English teams will focus on as it’s probably easier than coming 4th

Not unfair. I just feel also that the FA/Premier League could do a lot to help the success of domestic teams - which the seem to only do at certain discretions.

Poch has called it out a few times already as well, so I assume he thinks it would help.

Unfortunately I won’t be at the Lane for the Ajax game. I’m currently travelling through Spain. Off to watch Sevilla this evening actually. Anyway I’ll be in Madrid on Tuesday anyone got suggestions on good places to watch the game there?

Back